• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It was pretty sad watching Gizmo's losing animation, he looks like he feels bad for something and is hiding in shame.

Sigh well if i can ask about this but...has anyone felt stressed when dealing with some tough players? i sure did & i might need to think about what to avoid next time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was pretty sad watching Gizmo's losing animation, he looks like he feels bad for something and is hiding in shame.

Sigh well if i can ask about this but...has anyone felt stressed when dealing with some tough players? i sure did & i might need to think about what to avoid next time.
Eh, any game with a decent meta will always have tough players. Just don't let them get to you.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I never really felt stressed but honestly dealing with good Shaggy is really frustrating for me. Not to hate on Shaggy mains but I always feel like most of the time a Shaggy win it's not really deserved. He's just so safe to play yet so strong. I feel like also he should be lighter because he stay alive for way longer than he should.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Eh, any game with a decent meta will always have tough players. Just don't let them get to you.
Tough players i can respect but unless they act like trolls or they use a character that feels like they'd be to capable of doing this sort of thing then that's what got me riled up.

I've never dealt with them in my entire life until now

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that each season will add one new fighter for each class. So I believe that Stripe will be an Assassin and Black Adam will be a Tank.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tough players i can respect but unless they act like trolls or they use a character that feels like they'd be to capable of doing this sort of thing then that's what got me riled up.

I've never dealt with them in my entire life until now
Just don't give them any toast, then. 🍞 At least on 2s you're never alone in dealing with them.

I think that each season will add one new fighter for each class. So I believe that Stripe will be an Assassin and Black Adam will be a Tank.
Logical, but what if the pattern breaks?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
First off, please edit your post to avoid double-posting.

Second, on a related leak note...

It'll be interesting to see which of the third-party anime will get in first.
This string doesn’t mean anything.

The text appears in game if your online rank is at the specified number.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know, the stage selection is starting to get on my nerves. I really want a new one.

I dunno of the leaked line up that could have a stage, closest guess is Marvin with the Space Jam stage. JUST SOMETHING NEW INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO "We are the Crystal Games" FOR THE 80th TIME!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You know, the stage selection is starting to get on my nerves. I really want a new one.

I dunno of the leaked line up that could have a stage, closest guess is Marvin with the Space Jam stage. JUST SOMETHING NEW INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO "We are the Crystal Games" FOR THE 80th TIME!
Everyone's hating Sky Arena These Days,

But i could agree with you that the stage selection needs some variety.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The music is good, there just aren't many songs given the puny level selection, seeing as characters are prioritized at the moment. At least the Batcave has two songs, otherwise I'd get batty having to listen to the BTAS/Burton movie theme for the millionth time. 🦇

I imagine that Season 2 might be when more stages start cropping up, assuming there are more events like what Cromulons had.
In the meantime, please post your concerns about it on the MVS Twitter and Discord, they're always listening to feedback. :4pacman:

There was also mention of the Water Tower that could be for the Warner siblings.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The music is good, there just aren't many songs given the puny level selection, seeing as characters are prioritized at the moment. At least the Batcave has two songs, otherwise I'd get batty having to listen to the BTAS/Burton movie theme for the millionth time.
Rick and Morty stage and Adventure time also have 2 music. On Rick and Morty stage one of them is a remix of the intro and the other is a remix of Get schwifty. On the Adventure time stage you have a remix of the intro too and the other is a remix of Chip dip triple flip are hip.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It’d be nice if Sky Arena got another song considering the wide variety of music Steven Universe has

Also might be wishful thinking but if Haunted Mansion had an alt track then…
You know, now that you mention it, I have to say that it is conspicuously odd how Scooby's Haunted Mansion is the only licensed stage in the entire game that doesn't use existing music (to my knowledge). You'd think it'd have the 69 series' theme, at least.

If only there was non-remix songs from the stages' series, but that might ruin the phases gimick the remix songs have going for.
There's probably rights issues, also, but I don't mind it. Just hoping we'll have more stages at least 4 seasons in.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What bothers me about the stages is not only how few of them there are, but how low quality they are compared to the characters.

Treehouse, Batcave and Cromulons are more or less the same. Flat platform(s) and breakable walls. Cromulons in particular is incredibly plain in both layout and visuals.

Sky Arena's two variants are just Final Destination and Battlefield from Smash.

Scooby's Mansion has too many gimmicks all at once.

Trophy's Edge 2 is horrible and I hate it so much and I want it to die in a fire.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
What bothers me about the stages is not only how few of them there are, but how low quality they are compared to the characters.

Treehouse, Batcave and Cromulons are more or less the same. Flat platform(s) and breakable walls. Cromulons in particular is incredibly plain in both layout and visuals.

Trophy's Edge 2 is horrible and I hate it so much and I want it to die in a fire.
I don't really mind the stages being "bland", I still have fun fighting on most of them.

With that being said, I do have some personal beef with Trophy's Edge 2 and 2V2 Tree Fort. I don't like the gap in the middle of Trophy's Edge 2 and we honestly didn't need a second Trophy's Edge. 2V2 Tree Fort I hate because at times it just feels awkward to play on.

Scooby's Haunted Mansion is a good map, I just wished they'd make it exclusive to Free-For-All, or remove the moving platforms.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Some fans suspect that the stages being kept so simple are so they could easily appeal to the e-sports scene. Even then some of said stages are banned from tourneys anyway.

Granted, this game is still in its beta phase, but the staff has a lot to learn in regards to keeping a wacky aspect of platform fighters, well, wacky.

Some of the users on here may complain a lot about how we have too many grass/plain and jungle stages in Smash, but they generally are interesting and usually have something to stand them apart. Even something with low production values like Nick All-Star Brawl still manages to have many varied and interesting stages. You don't know what you have until it's gone, you could say.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't really mind the stages being "bland", I still have fun fighting on most of them.

With that being said, I do have some personal beef with Trophy's Edge 2 and 2V2 Tree Fort. I don't like the gap in the middle of Trophy's Edge 2 and we honestly didn't need a second Trophy's Edge. 2V2 Tree Fort I hate because at times it just feels awkward to play on.

Scooby's Haunted Mansion is a good map, I just wished they'd make it exclusive to Free-For-All, or remove the moving platforms.
Trophy's Edge 2 might be a Big/Small Battlefield Situation to have the same stage with different room for players to fight on.

I think 2V2 Treefort might be a Omega Form situation were it chooses to be it's own stage and not exclusive to something similar to that, i don't like being honest though i can say most of what i say about this stage is just pointing words out.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd have to agree with there needing to be more/better stages. And there's a lot of options to pick from, so that's not an issue.

I don't hate fighting on Scooby's Haunted Mansion, but the ceiling removes the competitiveness. And in Trophy's E.D.G.E. 2, the big gap in the middle can make it harder to set things up.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
in Trophy's E.D.G.E. 2, the big gap in the middle can make it harder to set things up.
It's hard to fight period on Trophy's Edge 2. The hole is too big while the platforms you actually fight on are too small. It gets cramped, it lags because of how chaotic fighting in that tiny area gets, it's too easy to mess up and SD yourself with how little ground there is, and if your internet connection is bad the lag will pull you into the blast zone.

It doesn't really feel like a lot of thought went into how a stage with a hole in the middle would actually feel like to play on with 4 players at a time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i see you guys are doing the doctor in rtc. i'm curious about the logic behind them being a legit choice

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think a lot of the characters they've rated are from WB. It's just based on the fact they're a popular character and the devs are open to third-parties.
Well the doc is certainly 3rd party. In fact the series has had its own fair share licensing issues that’d give the platform fighters pause for thought

Top Bottom