• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Um, uh...

default Pink Yoshi response Caitlin time I guess?:4pacman:

Caitlin's end-of-match screens would be her bouncing and cheering when she wins and bawling on the floor when she loses
who is this character anyway?

The only character I've bought so far is Steven, but I have enough gold to get another. Currently debating between Shaggy (because I know how to play him) or Bugs (I need a mage).
personally I’d go bugs

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
who is this character anyway?
Do you REALLY want to get me started on that? :4pacman:

Caitlin is a character from the cartoon "6teen" (which aired on Cartoon Network back in the day) and she happens to be my favorite character of all time. She's in my profile picture. I have a little more detail in the support thread I made for her, but I might make a thread with more details on why she's my all time favorite someday. If I remember to anyway :secretkpop:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

This was also shared in the Discord.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This was also shared in the Discord.
I wonder if it's normal development stuff or a result of the chicanery that is Warner-Discovery right now. This is a worrying timing coincidence

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I wonder if it's normal development stuff or a result of the chicanery that is Warner-Discovery right now. This is a worrying timing coincidence
The lack of any sort of date is incredibly concerning. It's almost as if they themselves don't know how long the delay will be for. I hope this is just weird timing, but man, it's hard not to worry this is gonna be another victim of the tax write off.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
People need to calm down, delay are normal and especially in the video game industry. They probably want to do a bit more balancing and polishing before releasing season 1.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The pre-season pass is extended for a week so I doubt it's a major delay, it's probably bug fixes that'll take a bit longer and they don't want to set a hard date for it because that's more pressure.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
People need to calm down, delay are normal and especially in the video game industry. They probably want to do a bit more balancing and polishing before releasing season 1.
That's probably what it is, but can you really blame people for worrying under these circumstances? Warner-Discovery has been hemorrhaging content for the past two days, and this is likely only the beginning of a massive restructuring(/gutting) of their media department. When a heavily Warner-aligned game announces a delay with unspecific timing and the developers apologizing profusely, it's not unreasonable that some people expects the worse.

Also, on the off chance Tony or another MVS dev is lurking on this thread: You have nothing to apologize for. I know the Miyamoto quote gets memed to death, but it rings true: when choosing between a delay and rushed content/crunch, I would take the delay every day of the week. We can wait.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
True, but considering the circumstances you can hardly blame people for being a little wary. Multiversus is doing pretty damn good for itself right now, but other projects that were doing well got hit by all this nonsense too, so we can't say for certain the two events are entirely unrelated.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

For those potentially worried, Tony's saying they're unaffected by the merger

There are a bunch of other things I'm worried about getting purged, but I'm glad at least Multiversus isn't one of them.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Warner Bros. is imploding and basically cancelling projects that were pretty much finished and cost millions of dollars. And I've heard talks that HBOMax will be shut down and absorbed into Discovery+. I'm concerned for the future of this company.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Warner Bros. is imploding and basically cancelling projects that were pretty much finished and cost millions of dollars. And I've heard talks that HBOMax will be shut down and absorbed into Discovery+. I'm concerned for the future of this company.
There’s a WBD earnings call at 4:30 est that should answer some questions. I for sure will tune in.

Thankfully this game isn’t affected at this time as confirmed byTony Huynh on Twitter.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
...crap what does this mean for the upcoming Total Drama seasons???
Warner Bros. doesn't own Total Drama. FreshTV is an independent company, but due to the instability of Warner Bros. Fresh might jump ship and Total Drama might end up being moved elsewhere.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Bit of a distraction from the current news. Updated my top 20 most wanted, basically got rid of the characters that were leaked already.

-Austin Powers (Assassin Class)
-**** Dastardly & Muttley (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Freddy Krueger (Assassin Class)
-Green Lantern (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Ice Bear (Assassin Class)
-King Kong (Tank Class)
-KO (Bruiser Class)
-Lion-O (Bruiser Class)
-The Mask (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Nicole Watterson (Bruiser Class)
-Quick Draw McGraw (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Rosie the Robot (Support Class)
-Snow Miser (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Speed Buggy (Support Class)
-Steve Urkel (Support Class)
-Top Cat (Bruiser Class)
-Trinity (Assassin Class)
-Tundro (Tank Class)
-Willy Wonka (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Yogi Bear (Bruiser Class)

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Caitlin being an Isabelle-style fighter (not actually trying to hurt the opponent most of the time and just having fun) is still my happy-place thought.

But for fighters who are TRYING to fight, give me the Red Tazelwurm from Detentionaire! (Y'all need to go watch that show, seriously.)

KatKit

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the show yet, but literally just based on this picture and the fact that it'd be a cool deep cut, I think Elle from Blade Runner Black Lotus would be dope

I'll do some research later so that I can properly hype up the character, ahaha. Apparently, it's a joint collaboration between Crunchyroll and Toonami/Adult Swim that's directed by Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed; Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045), written by Kenji Kamiya (Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex), and Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop; Samurai Champloo; directed Blackout 2022) served as creative producer, so it seems promising at the very least

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, in the veins of what Wademan94 Wademan94 posted for a distraction from the WB news, I’ll do my top 20 most wanted for MultiVersus as of right now. These are in no particular preference order.

1. **** Dastardly and Muttley (Mage/Ranged Class)
2. Penelope Pitstop (Support Class)
3. Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo (Support Class)
4. Maxwell (Support Class)
5. The Grinch (Bruiser Class)
6. Mr. Six (Support Class)
7. Fred Flintstone (Bruiser Class)
8. Wile E. Coyote (Mage/Ranged Class)
9. Ben Tennyson (Bruiser Class)
10. Rex Salazar (Assassin Class)
11. Lola Bunny (Bruiser Class)
12. Snoopy and Woodstock (Support Class)
13. Oscar the Grouch (Mage/Ranged Class)
14. Neo (Mage/Ranged Class)
15. Daffy Duck (Would switch between classes)
16. Knight and Ostrich (Assassin Class)
17. Professor Quigley (Mage/Ranged Class)
18. Smurfette (Support Class)
19. King Kong (Tank Class)
20. The Cat in The Hat (Assassin Class or Mage/Ranged Class)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Okay, Here's my Top 20 list of characters i want based on my current tier list
  1. The Flash(DC's The Flash)
  2. KO(OK K.O.)
  3. Austin Powers(...)
  4. Neo Anderson(The Matrix)
  5. Sub-Zero(Mortal Kombat)
  6. Gumball(The Amazing World of Gumball)
  7. Spear(Primal)
  8. Zatanna(DC's Zatanna)
  9. Green Lantern(DC's Green Lantern)
  10. Courage(Courage the Cowardly Dog)
  11. Mordecai & Rigby(Regular Show)
  12. Mob(Mob Psycho 100)
  13. Ash Williams(Evil Dead)
  14. Space Ghost(...)
  15. Charlie & Pim(Smiling Friends)
  16. Mac & Bloo(Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends)
  17. Chowder(...)
  18. Amethyst(Steven Universe)
  19. Babs & Buster(Tiny Toons)
  20. Mao Mao(...)

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wonder how many people are gonna be annoying about Amethyst being in one of Garnet's taunts.

This game is doing well by not having that many background cameos or assists. But then again, i really wanna see assists too. Bugs Bunny can't be the only one to use items

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I guess top 20 lists are popular again? I'll do mine once more but I'll add what class I think each character will be:

1. The Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy) (Depends on the Ed. Ed is a Tank or Bruiser, Edd is a Mage, Eddy is a Assassin)​
  2. A character from Wizard of Oz (Depends on the character. The Wicked Witch or Glinda would be Mage while Dorothy would be Support)​
  3. Gilligan (Gilligan's Island) (Support)​
  4. Robotron Hero (Robotron 2084) (Mage)​
  5. Stripe (Gremlins) (Bruiser)​
  6. Austin Powers (Honestly I'm not sure)​
  7. Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog) (Support)​
  8. Ruby Rose (RWBY) (Assassin)​
  9. Professor Fate (The Great Race) (Mage)​
  10. Starfire (Teen Titans) (Mage or Bruiser)​
  11. Pee Wee Herman (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure) (Support)​
  12. Brock Samson (The Venture Bros) (Bruiser or Tank)​
  13. Willy Wonka (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) (Mage or Support)​
  14. Steve Urkel (Family Matters) (Support)​
  15. Scoutmaster Lumpus (Camp Lazlo) (Bruiser)​
  16. Josh and Emily (Close Enough) (Mage)​
  17. Leonidas (300) (Assassin)​
  18. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) (Assassin or Bruiser)​
  19. The Mask (Bruiser)​
  20. Marceline the Vampire Queen (Adventure Time) (Assassin)​

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wonder how many people are gonna be annoying about Amethyst being in one of Garnet's taunts.

This game is doing well by not having that many background cameos or assists. But then again, i really wanna see assists too. Bugs Bunny can't be the only one to use items
Tony said she could still be playable if they want. I can't find the original tweet but I'm 100% sure he said it when someone asked him the question.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The very interesting Warner-Discovery presentation had a very interesting slide
20220804_231135.jpg

These are the IPs the company wants to focus on, and as such are ones that might very well be forced into Multiversus. None of the series in the "Iconic Series" category have characters, and three in "Franchises" are also without: "Shark Week", "90 Day Fiance", and most notably "Harry Potter". It seems like they're going to ignore all the Rowling controversy and keep the series relevant, for better or for worse.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't doubt that we can get anime/manga characters later down the line but isn't Multiversus region locked out of Asia?

That might make it a little weird.

Top Bottom