• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

D

Deleted member

Which is funny because there's four DC characters in base. lol
Like the main three make sense, but Harley feels like it's pushing it.
Harley is one of DC's biggest money makers. She's considered their fourth piller after the trinity

DC is proablly their biggest brand in terms of sales. Of corpse were gonna get a bunch of DC characters. Of corpse I want the roster to be varied but there being a faie few DC characters in a WB game just makes sense.

I maybe would have gone with like, the Flash over another Batman character tbf but Harley is in everything now days so I expected that.

I haven't read this yet but what are your guys' thoughts?
Seems kind of like standard PR statement but I do think Mordecai and Rigby have a decent shot (and I do want them)

Last edited by a moderator:

Baysha

Smash Ace

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I haven't read this yet but what are your guys' thoughts?
It probably doesn't mean a lot because Tony is very active on Twitter and he reply pretty much the same thing to a lot of characters request. I think he said something very similar when someone asked about a Jojo character and also about Ice king from Adventure time. That being said, I really hope it does happen because Regular show is easily my favorite modern CN shows (well at this point it's not really modern but I don't want to feel old).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I hope Daffy comes soon, he'd be a blast to play.

Question is, which version of Daffy do you think they'll go for? The early screwball Daffy they've brought back in recent LT media, or the pompous egotist Daffy? I think I'd prefer a mix of both, rather than prioritizing one over the other.
I was thinking he’d be a stance change with those sides of him, looney, greedy and heroic persona

D

Deleted member

Ed Boon has apparently confirmed no Neatherealem game at evo so wb is likely there for Multiversus. Prolly just Rick and Morty but a tease for a new character isn't impossible.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If there's an announcement beyond showcasing Rick and Morty, I'd bank on them officially revealing Marvin the Martian. He's easily the most feature-complete of the datamine roster, besides the potential rights issues going on with Gandalf, so it'd make sense for him to be next. Either him or Raven.

D

Deleted member

Nubia I could maybe see. She has voice lines and be be slightly easier to do if she is a semi clone

marvin makes sense to follow the characters we have. But honestly it'll probably just be Rick and Morty

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Going back to Daffy for a sec i hope that if//when he shows up the devs know enough to reference this bit when he fights the giant.
"I could use a petticure"
I never thought about this being an actual episode, i did wonder about the league of villains the robot made to see if they had their own episodes

And after watching The Boomer-Royality Marathon for Dodgers my theories proved mostly true(I didn't see the vampire or pirate one).

Faso115

Smash Lord
I dunno, i feel it's too soon to reveal another character when Morty isn't even out. I'd just settle with Morty gameplay and call it a day

D

Deleted member

I dunno, i feel it's too soon to reveal another character when Morty isn't even out. I'd just settle with Morty gameplay and call it a day
I mean just do aggre. I think it'll be Morty gameplay and a Rick date. Maybe a tease for something else at most.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is only tangentially related to Multiversus, but some interesting Warner news released today
Two decent-size projects that were literally 95% done were just scrapped. The new CEO of Warner-Discovery, Zaslav, is a massive cheapskate so this is likely only the tip of the iceberg. The company has a quarterly report on Thursday, so expect more news then.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Kind of sad for Batgirl because I was pretty curious to see Brendan Fraser as Firefly.

For Multiversus, I don't think it matters that much. Well the worst thing that could happen would be Discovery pulling the plug on the game too, but I really doubt this would happen because it seems very popular and the team was made specifically for this game. As for character, I'm pretty sure that if Batgirl was planned they'll continue development on her even if the movie is cancelled.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Kind of sad for Batgirl because I was pretty curious to see Brendan Fraser as Firefly.

For Multiversus, I don't think it matters that much. Well the worst thing that could happen would be Discovery pulling the plug on the game too, but I really doubt this would happen because it seems very popular and the team was made specifically for this game. As for character, I'm pretty sure that if Batgirl was planned they'll continue development on her even if the movie is cancelled.
Hearing rumors are that the new CEO is going to basically go scorched earth on everything WB is doing right now, including Multiversus, so they can use it all as tax write-offs, then shift focus entirely to reality shows.

I hope that's not actually what's going to happen because holy ****, that is bad.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hearing rumors are that the new CEO is going to basically go scorched earth on everything WB is doing right now, including Multiversus, so they can use it all as tax write-offs, then shift focus entirely to reality shows.

I hope that's not actually what's going to happen because holy ****, that is bad.
I hear it's just the stuff he doesnt like that's getting the axe.

Baysha

Smash Ace

I don't think that would actually happen, (at least without full-on mutiny from everyone else that works for WB) but it does show what kind of new leadership it's now going to be under. I don't really know if the new CEO is going to touch Multiversus due to the great success it's seen lately.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

We've already had SDCC completely avoid Aquaman 2 and The Flash. The only DC content that was discussed was Shazam: Fury of the Gods and Black Adam, both of which are coming out later on this year. They're currently dealing with the baggage of the previous WB administration, and that includes two very problematic actors that are set to star in the former two movies (Amber Heard and Ezra Miller). DC might have a renaissance soon, especially with them poaching GOTG director James Gunn.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This new CEO is bound to do something that pisses Toho off making them retract their deal with Godzilla especially from the MonsterVerse in general and most especially for this game.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This new CEO is bound to do something that pisses Toho off making them retract their deal with Godzilla especially from the MonsterVerse in general and most especially for this game.
Dude, you don’t need to insert Godzilla into every conversation. We get it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
the earth: explodes

mike spike: damn this really hurts godzillas chances for multiversus

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Buddy, I'd be more concerned if the game itself makes it long enough to even get to Godzilla.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Buddy, I'd be more concerned if the game itself makes it long enough to even get to Godzilla.
Not that it matters anyways since Godzilla is highly up there to likely be cut out before the final end-product.

Plus being ya know kaiju-size how would that work? Godzilla is truly the definition of "Too big".

Iron Giant worked because he's not kaiju-size being 50ish feet at most. Ridley being about 20ish-30ish feet canonically. Godzilla is however skyscraper size. It'd be awkward.

It'd make more sense if he were a boss honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do we actually know MVS is in danger? It's doing extremely well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not that it matters anyways since Godzilla is highly up there to likely be cut out before the final end-product.

Plus being ya know kaiju-size how would that work? Godzilla is truly the definition of "Too big".

Iron Giant worked because he's not kaiju-size being 50ish feet at most. Ridley being about 20ish-30ish feet canonically. Godzilla is however skyscraper size. It'd be awkward.

It'd make more sense if he were a boss honestly.
Dude just stop, this is getting ridiculous now. You keep making up asinine reasons for why he won't happen when we have pretty much every indication that he's coming eventually. At this point you're just being a troll.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do we actually know MVS is in danger? It's doing extremely well.
I think Multiversus as a game is safe, but character choices are going to be impacted to at least some degree. I couldn't tell you exactly how (aside from the obvious, like how we're probably not getting characters from the unlisted HBO Originals), it could really go any way. Zaslav could either be hands off with the game or micromanage the selection process.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dude just stop, this is getting ridiculous now. You keep making up asinine reasons for why he won't happen when we have pretty much every indication that he's coming eventually. At this point you're just being a troll.
I mean Gandalf, Eleven and Harry were cut out no?

And with what's going on with WB currently the character choices will be affected for sure as Peridot said and it's easy to piss off Toho which could end the contract if the new CEO is anything to go by.

At this point I wouldn't rule out on Godzilla being cut.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Chill everyone! It won't do us any good to get stuck on negative "what ifs". What'll happen will happen as we come to it.

I'm not too worried about the future for now, MVS is doing splendidly, and hopefully it's still got some good shelf life on it.

For now, here's a topic: if your most wanted characters got into MVS, what would their taunts be?
Obviously, Caitlin would have her iconic squeal. "Eeeeee!"

ShinGojira

Banned via Warnings
Flaming
-Original post was just unprovoked digs at how "suspicious it is" I only appear when the subject of Godzilla negativity pops up in here like "it's the only reason I joined", an attack on my age being listed as "almost 70, which he doubts", and saying I should actually contribute discussion elsewhere if I'm going to make an account."-
-a moderator can check edit history to verify ;)-

You're honestly not "owed" any explanation as to why I am here exclusively that I didn't already cover here:
A real one like me gets sick of seeing your bull while lurking.
To reiterate since it apparently wasn't clear; I am only a lurker. A lurker that for months has seen you flipping back and forth between
a. "Godzilla can't get in because Toho is stingy"
b. "OHMYGOD HYPE HYPE GODZILLA IS TOTALLY HAPPENING NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE" (usually when a reveal is around the corner)
c. "Godzilla won't work because he's too big and couldn't possibly be resized"

Wash, rinse, repeat. No matter how many times people here address the first and last heavily flawed arguments, it just gets ignored EVERY TIME and it's right back to doomposting at every possible opportunity that has nothing related to Godzilla specifically. It gets old. Very old. For all parties involved here.
It's quite telling that people here resonated with a random nobody like me making a throwaway account calling you out and saying what they might want to say themselves but won't because they fear the consequences. And hell, I'm probably resonating with them now in this post too, who knows? Wasn't even going to make one until you decided to drag me specifically into the conversation (and then tried to cover it up by editing as I was making this). I was fully content on giving likes to those who were calling you out in my stead and lurking once more.

This should be a sign for you to stop, but you won't. You'll just be the ostrich with head in the sand and ignore everything being said until it's time to pop out and start the cycle all over.

And a BIIIIG round of applause for your deduction on the age being fake, considering it is set to Godzilla's own release date in Japan, which I would have assumed would have been recognized by someone who likes to talk about Godzilla but here we are. :p

And with that, back to the depths with me with the inevitable flaming/harassment infraction from your reporting of this post.

-
Edit as of 8/4/22:
This is now officially my last post as this account has been banned indefinitely not by receiving further infraction than what I have already received, but because the administration team decided to terminate me on grounds of being a "gimmick account" meant to "harass" Micheal the Spikester.
But let it be known that absolutely nothing I said has been inaccurate and I am essentially being punished for being brutally honest about someone's arguments and characteristics just because I'm a new account. Even though I am saying what many of you want to say.
So with this, I will continue being a permanent lurker and only logging in to give likes whenever someone else says something in my place as I planned on doing days ago before being goaded into making a post response. Take care, and may we see the G-Man as our next giant fighter. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom