• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
TOM mains anyone?
Because in Multiversus, I would main TOM from Toonami.
He could have Playstyle similar to Megaman and Samus, which it would focus on Projectiles or Ranged Attacks.
I saw on Twitter someone made a moveset for T.O.M. I’m kind of surprised he doesn’t have a support thread yet lol. He is basically a Multiverse fanboy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's a tag team game that is built around having characters be separated. This doesn't have gameplay like Smash, so there's no reason the roster should be beholden to Smash rules.
Look, let me put it this way. I wanted to limit my roster down to a certain size and balance the reps per category. I don't see Finn and Jake not both being part of it, and this was my compromise to include them on this DREAM roster.

It's not that serious.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Moving to another topic in the general discussion, I’m considering making a thread for this franchise. Does Warner Bros still own some sort of right to Peanuts or no? Because Warner Bros posted something on Instagram last month with a picture from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Moving to another topic in the general discussion, I’m considering making a thread for this franchise. Does Warner Bros still own some sort of right to Peanuts or no? Because Warner Bros posted something on Instagram last month with a picture from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
if they do itll only be the films they released. last film was made by fox

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think a cool, never-gonna-happen pick could be Rex Salazar from Generator Rex. There's other more deserving characters from CN to make it in, but his moveset being based around his various EVO transformations would be hella cool! Plus, he was big enough at one point to cross over with Ben 10, soooo?...

Yeah he's unlikely but I think he'd be fun

I think a cool, never-gonna-happen pick could be Rex Salazar from Generator Rex. There's other more deserving characters from CN to make it in, but his moveset being based around his various EVO transformations would be hella cool! Plus, he was big enough at one point to cross over with Ben 10, soooo?...

Yeah he's unlikely but I think he'd be fun
Hey, I liked Generator Rex when I was a child.
He could be really cool character in Multiversus.

Also, Never-gonna-happen pick could be Lance from Sym-bionic Titan. He could use the Ginat Robot as Final Smash like move.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Actually, it might be genuinely plausible. I think Emmet is more likely personally, mostly because of the nature of him being the "main character," though. Wyldstyle would be fun to see - I think the Master Builder archetype overall would be really unique and fun to see as playable! It might be a little gimmicky, however.
Plus if we get Emmet then we get a Chris Pratt character in SSBU, NASB, and Multiversus.

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
Does anyone think Multiversus should try to add characters from Warner Bros. video game catalog? Considering they own Midway and published a bunch of other games, I'd like to see some join the roster.

Here are franchises Warner Bros. has access too:
Mortal Kombat
Scribblenauts
F.E.A.R.
Rampage
Gaunlet
N.A.R.C.
Back 4 Blood
The Suffering
Dr. Muto
Freaky Flyers

Does anyone think Multiversus should try to add characters from Warner Bros. video game catalog? Considering they own Midway and published a bunch of other games, I'd like to see some join the roster.

Mortal Kombat
Scribblenauts
F.E.A.R.
Rampage
Gaunlet
N.A.R.C.
Back 4 Blood
The Suffering
Dr. Muto
Freaky Flyers
That would be genius and cool.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

Mortal Kombat
Scribblenauts
F.E.A.R.
Rampage
Gaunlet
N.A.R.C.
Back 4 Blood
The Suffering
Dr. Muto
Freaky Flyers
Scribblenauts and the Midway franchises are a must for MultiVersus. But, Mortal Kombat seems like it’s 100% gonna get a character in the game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Mortal Kombat
Scribblenauts
F.E.A.R.
Rampage
Gaunlet
N.A.R.C.
Back 4 Blood
The Suffering
Dr. Muto
Freaky Flyers
Yeah I feel like Midway, MK and Scribblenauts arguably have the best chances

D

Deleted member

MK Is absolutely happening. Wouldn't be shocked if it gets multiple characters. I could also see a retro Midway rep like Spy Hunter or Paper Boy. Scribblenauts I don't see as quite as likely but there's a chance, I loved those games growing up so i'd be down for it.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice

Mortal Kombat
Scribblenauts
F.E.A.R.
Rampage
Gaunlet
N.A.R.C.
Back 4 Blood
The Suffering
Dr. Muto
Freaky Flyers
That's what Ive been saying since this game was announced lol, there's a lot of franchises even more than the ones you listed WB has access to also cough CarnEvil cough

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is pretty common for games tbh. They'll do another trailer eventually and then will likely do updates more frequently
Another reason for me, I'm really not feeling the Brawhalla inspired gameplay and Multiversus reportedly has no grabs. This is where Multiversus really loses magic points for me. A grab function in any fighting platform is a must. Its basically like playing a platformer where the character doesn't jump on his/her own. It feels frustrating already.

If you don't care about it, why do you even bother with coming here to make a post to say this?
Bro, I haven't been on this sub for 2 weeks or more.

D

Deleted member

Another reason for me, I'm really not feeling the Brawhalla inspired gameplay and Multiversus reportedly has no grabs. This is where Multiversus really loses magic points for me. A grab function in any fighting platform is a must. Its basically like playing a platformer where the character doesn't jump on his/her own. It feels frustrating already.
Ah that's more understandable then.

UserKev

Smash Champion
To be fair, Kev has every right to be negative. The devs are fumbling hard and released that trailer WAY too early if they're going to avoid news like the plague.
I wouldn't say its even me being harshly negative. I'm just disappointed at the overall direction the game is taking. And the tedium wait won't make it any better.

I really just want a Cartoon Network platform fighter. A masterfully done retake.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
So, I came across an image of a leaked character. It's from the playtest. with the watermarks cropped out. Am I allowed to post it?

Top Bottom