• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

UserKev

Smash Champion
Absolutely hyped. My dlc character wish list:

• Nightwing
  • Ralph (Rampage)
  • Osmosis Jones
  • Aragorn
  • Space Ghost
  • Harvey Birdman
  • The Monarch (Venture Bros)
Would love Osmosis. He's my most wanted with Aragorn. I'd also like Thrax as a villain rep. In terms of the current roster, I'm very hyped for Finn and Steven.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sticking this thread. Am skeptical of the F2P model, but the budget and potential roster do have me interested.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Instead of a top 10 list I’m going to do a top 20 list. Mostly because there’s quite a few characters I’d like to see join:
  1. The Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
  2. A character from Wizard of Oz
  3. Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)
  4. Robotron Hero (Robotron 2084)
  5. Stripe (Gremlins)
  6. Austin Powers
  7. Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
  8. Ruby Rose (RWBY)
  9. Professor Fate (The Great Race)
  10. Starfire (Teen Titans)
  11. Pee-Wee Herman (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure)
  12. Brock Samson (The Venture Bros)
  13. Willy Wonka (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
  14. Steve Urkel (Family Matters)
  15. Scoutmaster Lumpus (Camp Lazlo)
  16. Josh and Emily (Close Enough)
  17. Leonidas (300)
  18. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  19. The Mask
  20. Pibby

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I get the feeling that there'll be a lot of "sleeper picks" for this game, which both seems interesting, and concerning. With such a big game, it's kinda worrying because smaller requests will be less likely to get in - in a sense, we'll end up with a ton of Genos. However, with their idea of having it as a kind of service, maybe they'll add characters over time?... but then, what would development speed be like for this? If Smash DLC is anything to go by, I fear that smaller picks might outright die in the water, given that they'll probably spend a year and a half ensuring that every single follicle of LeBron James' hair is fully rendered for an "accurate portrayal".

I get the feeling that there'll be a lot of "sleeper picks" for this game, which both seems interesting, and concerning. With such a big game, it's kinda worrying because smaller requests will be less likely to get in - in a sense, we'll end up with a ton of Genos. However, with their idea of having it as a kind of service, maybe they'll add characters over time?... but then, what would development speed be like for this? If Smash DLC is anything to go by, I fear that smaller picks might outright die in the water, given that they'll probably spend a year and a half ensuring that every single follicle of LeBron James' hair is fully rendered for an "accurate portrayal".
Yeah, like Black Hat as Playable in Multiversus as Villain Rep.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Instead of a top 10 list I’m going to do a top 20 list. Mostly because there’s quite a few characters I’d like to see join:
  1. The Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
  2. A character from Wizard of Oz
  3. Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)
  4. Robotron Hero (Robotron 2084)
  5. Stripe (Gremlins)
  6. Austin Powers
  7. Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
  8. Ruby Rose (RWBY)
  9. Professor Fate (The Great Race)
  10. Starfire (Teen Titans)
  11. Pee-Wee Herman (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure)
  12. Brock Samson (The Venture Bros)
  13. Willy Wonka (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
  14. Steve Urkel (Family Matters)
  15. Scoutmaster Lumpus (Camp Lazlo)
  16. Josh and Emily (Close Enough)
  17. Leonidas (300)
  18. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  19. The Mask
  20. Pibby
I'm Curious, Why Scoutmaster Lumpus?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Making a doubles-focused platform fighter is very interesting, certainly a clever way to set yourself apart. Being F2P is very concerning though.

I love that Bugs Bunny's blastzone burst is Porky Saying That's all folks, really brilliant.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Very happy that this game is real. Here's my wishlist:

• Fred Flintstone
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Wile E Coyote
  • The Animaniacs
  • Harry Potter
  • Freddy Krueger (if they're owner by Warner Bros)

Faso115

Smash Lord
Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 13-17-43 MULTIVERSUS.png

Impressive voice cast! They got back almost all actors that voiced most of the characters in the past, even Maisie Williams as Arya, that's pretty impressive.

Only steven and WW seem to be replacements. Oh and i don't know if Bauza ever voiced tom and jerry but the guy is in a lot of cartoons so i guess it checks out

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 338089

Impressive voice cast! They got back almost all actors that voiced most of the characters in the past, even Maisie Williams as Arya, that's pretty impressive.

Only steven and WW seem to be replacements. Oh and i don't know if Bauza ever voiced tom and jerry but the guy is in a lot of cartoons so i guess it checks out
Andrew Frankel comes from Jellystone, a show i haven't watched too much of.
Steven's Actor plays that red hair kid from The Loud House...
and Wonder Woman's Actress comes from Anime such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Outside of that she was in some cartoons & games.

My Highlight from her is Annette from Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Really excited to play this game, as someone who often plays video games with their brother we're both excited about the idea of a 2v2 platform fighter and even if it's bad it would be free so nothing of value was lost. Also I know team battles are a thing in Smash but MultiVersus seems more interesting as it was made with the idea in mind so I think team combo's would be more interesting (Stuff like having Bugs and Batman travel and hide for a hit and run playstyle, and we don't know other character's special team abilities so I can't list more team combos but I'm certain there will be)

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm honestly not thrilled by Tom and Jerry as they are redundant and has a longer history before Warner, being they're most iconic. Looney Tunes should at least have one more representation. Teen Titans needs representation and Samurai Jack. I would love Kangaroo Jack, but he's likely waaay far off the radar.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While it's only matter of time before "Some" get unveiled, But Kind of bummed out that Warner Bros didn't reveal at least one "Late 90's-Early/Mid 2000's" Cartoon Network IP/Cartoon Cartoons.

• Powerpuff Girls
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Cow & Chicken
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Ed, Edd n Eddy
  • Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
  • Foster's home of Imaginary Friends
  • Camp Lazlo
Cartoon Network's intro's for the Cartoon Cartoons Friday block would always pump me up when I was kid and I absolutely love the comradery and interaction that all the cartoons had with each other.

From the list I expect Powerpuff Girls to be one of the frontrunners as it's the biggest IP from the bunch and wouldn't mind as it was one of my favorites growing up, Also doesn't hurt either that their built for fighting, But I would be happy with almost any of these choices.

I also hope we get more Looney Tunes characters like Daffy Duck, Maybe a couple of more "Hanna-Barbera" cartoons and Animaniacs would be really cool too.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 , Most of them would be niche other than Dexter, Courage and Powerpuff Girls. Unless your going for an oddball pick like every game should have, they'd be essentially hype-less. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends would be pretty hype tho.

I personally think Tom/Toonami should be in and a great reference call back to the late 90s early 2000s.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Looks alright. I mean, it’s like super floaty and the visuals look crisp but…plasticy. Roster is alright but I need to see how these characters actually play. I may like GoT but my opinion on Arya hinges on her performance.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 , Most of them would be niche other than Dexter, Courage and Powerpuff Girls. Unless your going for an oddball pick like every game should have, they'd be essentially hype-less. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends would be pretty hype tho.

I personally think Tom/Toonami should be in and a great reference call back to the late 90s early 2000s.
Yeah I know, I was just putting all the cartoons from that era of Cartoon Network that was my childhood.

Powerpuff Girls is popular and the biggest IP of the bunch and even had a theatrical movie back in it's prime and had that reboot somewhat recently, Definitely a shoe in.

Dexter's Laboratory has the honor of being the 1st and oldest original "Cartoon Cartoon" and definitely left it's mark during it's original run.

Those are the 2 likeliest of the bunch, But if a 3rd makes it in it would probably come down to Johnny Bravo or Courage and lesser extent Grim or Foster's.

Forgot to mention Samurai Jack too, Even though he's more associated with Adult Swim (WarnerMedia) these days with his recent revival ,But I still think he has a good shot and still an original CN show nonetheless.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, I was just putting all the cartoons from that era of Cartoon Network that was my childhood.

Powerpuff Girls is popular and the biggest IP of the bunch and even had a theatrical movie back in it's prime and had that reboot somewhat recently, Definitely a shoe in.

Dexter's Laboratory has the honor of being the 1st and oldest original "Cartoon Cartoon" and definitely left it's mark during it's original run.

Those are the 2 likeliest of the bunch, But if a 3rd makes it in it would probably come down to Johnny Bravo or Courage and lesser extent Grim or Foster's.

Forgot to mention Samurai Jack too, Even though he's more associated with Adult Swim (WarnerMedia) these days with his recent revival ,But I still think he has a good shot and still an original CN show nonetheless.
I'd put Jack on high likely tier top 3. Even Aku is iconic or unforgettable. Mojo Jojo is also worthy of inclusion. Dexter could bring Dee Dee, who could be a great Peach parallel with her ballerina focus. Courage would be just really fun to play with the iconic mask from the cartoon that can easily be put in his moveset.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'd put Jack on high likely tier top 3. Even Aku is iconic or unforgettable. Mojo Jojo is also worthy of inclusion. Dexter could bring Dee Dee, who could be a great Peach parallel with her ballerina focus. Courage would be just really fun to play with the iconic mask from the cartoon that can easily be put in his moveset.
Top 3 most likely look to be Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack.

Mad props to Craig McCracken (Creator of Powerpuff Girls, Foster's and worked on Dexter's Lab) Genndy Tarkavosky (Creator of Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack and worked on Powerpuff Girls) they both really left their mark and played a major role at Cartoon Network.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Sees some people talk about cartoon network characters

You Guys are forgetting others such as Ben 10 and Regular Show, Those were Big Shows back in the day(Ben 10 Especially) so they would definitely be great for Multiversus.

And on the topic of Classic 90's Characters, If the rest of the insiders' stuff is anything to go by, Johnny Bravo should be in the game by now.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
My dream list:

-Godzilla
-King Kong

-Jason (Friday the 13th)
-Freddy (Nightmare on Elm Street)
-The Mask
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

-Yogi Bear
-Ed, Edd n Eddy
-Samurai Jack
-Powerpuff Girls
-Courage
-Mordecai & Rigby
-Grim, Billy, & Maddy
-Dexter's Lab

-Dorothy (Wizard of Oz)
-Willy Wonka

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Andrew Frankel comes from Jellystone, a show i haven't watched too much of.
Steven's Actor plays that red hair kid from The Loud House...
and Wonder Woman's Actress comes from Anime such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Outside of that she was in some cartoons & games.

My Highlight from her is Annette from Fire Emblem.
You're forgetting a very notable role Abby Trott.

She sings English version of Lifelight, the smash Ultimate theme.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The game is more or less still in its beta stages so it has reasonable time to improve, scheduled to release in 2022. The less you compare it, the more you can appreciate it. This is a most likely trend we will be seeing for a bit longer, so better enjoy it before its gone. Smash cemented a sick legacy with its follow ups, its great to play the genre expanded that will remind me of it.

More on character speculation, Rooster Teeth now being essentially Warner Bros owned, its speculated a RWBY rep is possible. Ruby Rose is obvious, but I'd rather Weiss.

Top Bottom