• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple instances of the same stage

Deg

Smash Cadet
Hi! I've been getting into retexturing Melee stages and such and I want to be able to have multiple versions of each legal stage.

I don't really understand how melee works with files and the only thing I could think of was to rename the stage files into the names of other stages. This did not work, not that i really expected it to.

After using Google to the best of my ability and finding no info on the matter i figured I should make a post about it.

So, anyone have any info?

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Weird I think to remember doing just that and having it working
(something like using Dat Texture wizzard to export GrNBa, rename it GrBb.dat for exemple(big blue) and importing it back over big blue, I think it worked.

I'm sorry I can't test that right now, but is that the method you used?

zankyou

Smash Lord
This is usually done with file patching but if you dont understand how to write assembly then I think cell made a code that does does for you with up to 10 different stages. I made one to give 4 versions of the tournament stages a long time ago and it wasnt too hard.
Weird I think to remember doing just that and having it working
(something like using Dat Texture wizzard to export GrNBa, rename it GrBb.dat for exemple(big blue) and importing it back over big blue, I think it worked.

I'm sorry I can't test that right now, but is that the method you used?
I cant imagine this not breaking the game for every stage with the exception of some target stage swapping maybe.

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
You're right, I've just tested it back with texture wizzard but it didn't work.
But I def. remember clicking on "green green" to load final destination, but I had spent the whole afternoon messing with the sss so I don't remember how I did it.

Top Bottom