• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Mucha Lucha - Pikachu Libre Social Thread

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic

WELCOME TO THE SOCIAL THREAD!
You can talk about Pikachu Libre's competitive stuff (combos, framedata) and other stuff about her in this thread, enjoy!

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Uh the rolling attack seems pretty good

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
R Pika doing a pile driver on Charizard/Machamp/other much bigger Pokemon is is hilarious and awesome. She's already one of my favorites and will continue to be so moving forward.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I guess I'll cross post this from Pokken Arena.

Field Phase is difficult with Libre. But here's what I do.

Back+Y is the best projectile. Aerial Y is also good if you can hit on a certain frame so that the 2nd hit goes across the ground.

When you have the opportunity... ALWAYS wall jump. Libre gets a defense buff and a small HP restoration every time he does it. I try to remember to do it a lot because it really makes a difference. You can also do this in duel phase and combo it into a Spark.

Remember to use homing attacks... especially the charged version. If I have a Chandelure I'm playing against... waiting until after they finish their projectile string, then going in with a charged homing attack will always switch phases. And Libre gets a buff when triggering the phase switch... which is super important.

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
Here in my city made a day 1 tournament and i won with masked pika, so when videos get uploades i'll post here

And yeah field phase is hard because approaching is very hard, when battle starts i make (Down + Y) to make some damage, at mid range where your moves can hit and change into duel phase i mixup into (Side + Y) or (Up +A)

Also i recommend in duel phase to make (Down + X, that low kick) because sometimes beats the counter and allows have the advantage in that phase

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I am watching a stream and I just heard the streamer say "Pikachu Libre, is a BOY, don't judge him by his tail".
I laughed.
Just wanted to share that.
Ok.
Happy Easter or something.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
How do you play against Power types like charizard and machamp?
Outspeed them I guess (?) As long as they don't get too many reads on you, I don't find them too hard.
Also wild charge is your friend :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom