• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Discussion: Jigglypuff

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
According to the MU chart, we have a +3 in this MU.
If you disagree in any way, post.
If you agree at all, post why.

Discuss the Jigglypuff MU. I will try to stay out of MU discussions and let the other players talk.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Eh. It's probably true.
I can't say i've played a good zss with puff... but as playing both characters, zss has a good ground game and a great way to anti-air.

Plus, she can GR to uair right?

**** that

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Hurrrdurrr charge Dsmash

he jumps?
usmash/uair/whatever
moar dsmash
Pretty much it but if they're avoiding a D smash the match will or may take longer a lot of patience is advised also retreating side B. Use your charged Neutral B or regular B to catch her in the air coming back on stage, count the jumps, cover her landing, I hate normal pokemon with a passion I want the jiggz out of the game I like ghost pokemon, and yeah cover her landing but I said that already I think it's best when she's coming back from off stage.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Not necessarily, as a puff main and a zss i've seen both sides.
Avoiding the dsmash only stops us from dying like 30 seconds earlier. Uair shuts us down from above, bair clashes with pound, but you win when youre killing early lol

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
PINK anymore insights on the Mu will be appreciated. One thing I noticed is that she actually has a decent ground game if the person shields correctly and is able to get in but I'm turrible and I mean it with a "U" trying to get the Cleavland effect.

Anyways what I also noticed is that puffs tend to space their pounds side B to the point where the move ends just as it hits and go into another attack or float around ugh just thinking of it makes me upset.

Ok so the question here is what do you advise if they go no higher than a single or two jumps? It is usually at these points where I have found my self caught as in they were able to get in on me via pound or floating around.

Top Bottom