• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Chart 3 - Ike Panel Recruiting

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So it's that time again to do the MU panel. I'm gonna be leading the Ike panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3. The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project can be found here.

The current panelists are:
Yours truly
M@V
C.J.
Blublouis
Ryo_Guikido

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

While this is in the Ike thread, as you can see we have two members who are not Ike mains. Hopefully the last two spots can be filled up by Ike mains, but anyone is open to posting in here.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or Ish if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

And this is the part where you cutthroat each other in getting the last two spots, but I prefer sitting near a fire lit den, a monocle in an eye, drinking some tea type of discussion.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would recommend BerserkerSwordsman at the very least.

The problem is that Ryo is rarely on and san is usually too busy and old man sharkie is on hiatus as always and those are the only other 3 Ike mains I'd say can have an accurate input

C.J.

Smash Master
Ussi, one of the reasons I volunteered for this (other than I'm awesome!) is because I talk to Ryo quite frequently so I'm really comfortable calling him and getting his input for when it's needed. So, even though Ryo may not be active on the panel, his opinion will still be considered.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Alright, well that's one down, now we just need someone who can keep in contact with san or something

C.J.

Smash Master
Also, if any Ike mains have an issue with me being on the panel, I'll happily step aside to avoid any potential problem =)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're fine C.J.

Also, I'm not going to technically count Ryo as part of the panel, just because of how much of a head case it was last year. Out of 5 people, only two (Ussi and I) were active, and despite Ryo being a great player, he had trouble making his points due to limited internet/posts.

So I'd rather have Ryo be someone who can talk to C.J., who in turn can make posts that would help us in getting points across.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hope i didn't imply i was against you being on the panel, CJ, I was just trying to get input from top Ike mains into this panel and you being in contact with Ryo is the best we'd get for getting input from him.

M@v

Subarashii!
if we dont get berserker, im best friends with him irl so i can easily get matchup opinions from him if needed.

:phone:

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Um, I think I might be interested in joining.

I'm not a top player but I've been placing decently these days. I'm still very much dedicated to the game and I go on smashboards pretty often. I like to share what knowledge I have about the game and the character. I could also serve as european representation, if it matters at all.

I will however admit that there are some match-ups where I have zero experience, and I do take a load of time to post just to make sure my english isn't gibberish. But I'm working on both these points.

You guys tell me what you think - not only Bored, even if he's the boss.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Blub you're definitely someone I had in mind, and I'm glad you're posting to show interest. I honestly have no problem with your posts on the Ike boards, and having a European representation would make us that much more diverse and strong.

Don't worry about lack of experience in certain match ups. What some lack, others make up in.

C.J.

Smash Master
No ussi , I didn't think that at all. i was just remembering the backlash some panels got about their members. I was just making sure nobody had a problem with me being on it is all

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I don't know how much input I can give since I'm not that great at generalizing matchups... but if it's just some input here and there, I can give it. I don't think I have the mindset for actually being on a panel for these things.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
well I currently have a computer so I can actually put in my input. So that being said I would love to join in on this MU Chart if that's ok with you all.

M@v

Subarashii!
I don't know how much input I can give since I'm not that great at generalizing matchups... but if it's just some input here and there, I can give it. I don't think I have the mindset for actually being on a panel for these things.
If you don't want to actually be on the panel, just convey things to me and I can forward them on to the discussions.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Is that ok with everyone? If I do help with the match up chart? Seeing how I can actually speak with others without doing on a cell phone. I can contribute my insight on match-ups so maybe this time maybe actually have match ups done right.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Me. But that's because I'm skeptical on how active he can be. Computer and all, it's not like he posts often here on SWF. I'm just not fond of getting left hanging last year when we had so many heated discussions. I was severely burned out, and I don't want to go through something like that again. I'll allow Ryo in if he can assure me he'll try to get on more to post in the panel.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If he replies now then like Ryo is being pretty consisent with being on
If two posts could only sum up his activity for 4 years...

@Neon Brett and Slaps don't really play or are involved in any sort of Brawl discussion for what I know.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Yes I understand that just two post don't justify my lack of communication but I will be sure to put in my two senses efficiently and accordingly.

Trust me bored I got this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay. I'll go ahead and make Ryo a part of the Panel. I'm looking at Blub being the final member. If he can post here or PM me, we're set to go.

Neon!

Smash Lord
If two posts could only sum up his activity for 4 years...

@Neon Brett and Slaps don't really play or are involved in any sort of Brawl discussion for what I know.
Slaps and I go to the same college (UTD) and play often, he's been to 2 tournaments in the past 3 months.

Brett lives like 20 minutes from me also and has been to at least 1 tournament in the past 3 months.

Not sure how active they've been on this site or in debates in general but they're both skilled Ike mains who have been playing for 3+ years.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps and I go to the same college (UTD) and play often, he's been to 2 tournaments in the past 3 months.

Brett lives like 20 minutes from also and has been to at least 1 tournament in the past 3 months.

Not sure how active they've been on this site or in debates in general but they're both skilled Ike mains who have been playing for 3+ years.
I am left speechless. I never thought this would happen to me again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's a joke I've sort of put on myself. For the longest time in Texas (and arguably the south west), I was considered the best Ike player. So whether it was on SWF, All is Brawl, or even in Texas, no one knew me until people had played me/met me lol. You don't get to be a BBR member by doing nothing.

In a sense, it's sort of resulted in a lot of disrespect/looked down on AiB and SWF. You have no idea how many times I've been labeled as "Wifi-Ike". Wasn't a big deal in person outside of being seeded poorly.

Neon!

Smash Lord
It's a joke I've sort of put on myself. For the longest time in Texas (and arguably the south west), I was considered the best Ike player. So whether it was on SWF, All is Brawl, or even in Texas, no one knew me until people had played me/met me lol. You don't get to be a BBR member by doing nothing.

In a sense, it's sort of resulted in a lot of disrespect/looked down on AiB and SWF. You have no idea how many times I've been labeled as "Wifi-Ike". Wasn't a big deal in person outside of being seeded poorly.
I've definitely heard of you but I thought you were inactive. We just never had the fortune of playing.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@Ryo
If the best Ike joining the panel would be a good thing ? yeah I guess it'd be good, especially if you're active.

@ Bored
Thanks. I'm ready then.

C.J.

Smash Master
Is the Falcon panel really planning on trying to change that MU to something else?
._.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
The discussions are going to be rather silly considering I think Ike v Wario is 6-4 Ike's favor lol

Top Bottom