• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC4: Legacy of Legends in Smash EXtended; Ann Arbor, MI 2/6/10

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Legacy of Legends in Smash EXtended​

AiB Event: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8502

Schedule
========

11:30-12Noon Registration
12 Brawl Singles Pools Begins (SHARP!)
3 lunch break (if time)
4 Brawl Doubles Begins
7 Brawl Singles Bracket

Entry Information
=================

*SBR Certified*

2 Main events will be held:

• Brawl Singles
  • Brawl Doubles

The entry fee for each of these events is $10 per person

There is an additional venue fee of $5 per person that will be waived for anyone who brings either a full setup (TV/Console/Game) or Video Capture equipment that gets used. The fee may be lowered to $3 if just a console/game is brought.

Prizes for an individual tournament will be distributed as follows for each event from the entry fees:

32 or Less Entrants
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

64 to 33 Entrants
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%

More than 64 Entrants
1st place: 40%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%
5th place: 5%
5th place: 5%

Tournament format will be as follows:

Singles:

Randomly seeded round robin pools, each match is a best 2 of 3
the top 32 players will advance to a seeded double elimination bracket, where each match is a best 2 of 3 except winners, losers,and grand finals which will be best 3 of 5s.

Doubles:
Entrants > 16 teams:
Randomly Seeded Round Robin Pools, each match is a best 2 of 3
The top 8 will advance to a seeded double elimination bracket with each match a best 2 of 3, except winners, losers, and grand finals, which will be best 3 of 5s

Entrants <= 16 teams:
Approximately seeded double elimination bracket with each match a best 2 of 3, except winners, losers, and grand finals, which will be best 3 of 5s.

Set Format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match (Double blind character selection may be called for the first match)
2. The First Stage is chosen *
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*First Stage is chosen via the "Stage Strike" System
This system is done by taking the Starter stage list, and taking turns "Striking" a stage from it until only 1 stage remains. The first person to strike strikes 1 stage, the next person strikes 2 stages, then the first person strikes the last stage.

Circuit
=======

Circuit Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252411

15% of the pot will be collected for circuit prizes before being distributed for winners

Game Specific Rules
===================

Brawl:

3 Stock
8 Minute timer
Items Set to "Off" and "none"
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Tournament Rules
================

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Controller Port disputes are settled via Rock Paper scissors
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out or a sudden death (not otherwise specified) occurs, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.
  • No drugs or Alcohol in the venue
  • No violence or intolerable language
  • Respect the venue. Throw out trash in appropriate trash bins.
  • All Matches may be recorded and uploaded for online mass viewing at the recorder's or TO's discretion.
  • No refusal to play at a given station will be tolerated
  • When a match is called you must immediately report to the TO or to your called station, failure to report to your match within 5 minutes will result in the forfeiture of the first game of the set. Failure to report to your match within 10 minutes will result in your immediate, non-negotiable forfeiture of the set.
  • This Tournament will be a Bring Your Own Controller event.
  • Wiimotes must have their batteries removed after each match.
  • A player's place in the tournament may not be replaced by another person
  • No one may make any action "that is a clear attempt to distract another player and or obstruct their ability to interact with the game"

Stage Lists
===========

Brawl

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter Stages:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Venue & Housing
===============

This will be hosted in a large lounge room in the basement of Bursley Hall, a large dormitory on North Campus of U of M. The lounge has several tables, chairs, and comfortable couches. It also has several stocked vending machines for snacks and drinks. Additionally, Bursley Hall is a short walk to a Wendy's, Subway, and to Pierpont commons which holds several restaurants.

Address:

1931 Duffield Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

For those of you familiar with the UMBs or LoLiS Circuit, this is the same venue.

Parking
Parking in a lot marked "No Parking" will be at your own risk. There are several parking lots within a 10min walk that are free to park in.

Housing may be available from TOs and nearby smashers, and will be first come first serve.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Most likely for meh! Housing needed.

TO ALL: We're getting to the middle of the season, so if you want to start getting towards the top and getting that circuit prize, nows the time! Don't wait! There's currently just over $120 for singles circuit, and with three more events after this, that will rise!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll see if I can come. It's a really long drive but you guys run great tournaments.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Actually, It'll be the third. It just happens to be number 4. You know me and CSE, binary sequences ftw

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Actually, It'll be the third. It just happens to be number 4. You know me and CSE, binary sequences ftw
Yeah, the third event got canceled. So technically this is the third, but I'm still calling it the fourth to be complicated :p

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
just found this off of the AiB page sounds fun count me in :D

and Brawl only is cool by me

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I don't think that's binary. Or hex for that matter.
4 is the 3rd number in the base binary sequence.

Looks like I'll be attending this. Should be good times.

There gonna be any melee set ups for friendlies?
There will probably be one, as I contracted a melee player to reserve the room for me and hang out there all day, and he'll probably bring a melee setup.

heres a question, is it still gonna be 16 man bracket, where top 2 make it outta pools?
As the OP says, it's a 32 man bracket.

Top Bottom