• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC 6 - The Tournament With No Name - 4/24 - Indianapolis

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Midwest Smash Circuit Event #6 - The Tournament With No Name RESULTS​

**** turnout, but oh well, 3 tournaments on the same weekend, can't help it!

SINGLES

1. Renegade :snake: (+50) ($35)
2. Krystedez :wario: (+30) ($35)
3. Count :diddy: (+20) ($10)
4. Avarice :diddy: (+15)
5. XeroXen :mario2: (+10)
5. Brax :lucario: (+10)
7. Vetona :wolf: (+10)
7. Th3 Composer :samus2: (+10)
9. TheBlueBlade :jigglypuff: / :gw: (+5)
9. Calebyte :mario2: (+5)
9. Ducky :wario: (OMG HE EXISTS) (+5)
9. RogueBlades :sonic: / :marth: (+5)

DOUBLES

1. Rent-A-Count (Renegade + Count)
2. Body Bag (Krystedez + 401K)
3. Sovereign + Dan
4. Nathan Drake + Victor Sullivan (Brax + Vet)
5. We Hate LoZ + Composer (LoZ + Composer)

MSC 7 NEXT MONTH IN SPRINGFIELD, OHIO! BE THERE!

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
1. Renegade :snake: (+50)

snaake. Thanks for hosting this, your mom's brownies are amazing and so were the hotdogs, AND you had grape drank. I finally got to play you in pools too. Grats on finally beating Krys!

2. Krystedez :wario: (+30)

lol, lost to you 3 times, 3-1 in our MM, 2-1 in winners, and 2-0 in losers, 10 games of Wario and me getting owned by tires. Your Wario is really good though, and all of our matches were fun. It was nice meeting you again too.

3. Count :diddy: (+20)

MK dittos are fun (to play). I was rooting for you against Krys, I don't think it helped that he played me a million times beforehand though. I also saw your MM with Sovereign, I didn't even know you could recover like that on RC. Nice seeing you again too. also, my mom dropped me off but you weren't there, so she couldn't talk to you :/

i'm entering next time as Dekar. . . instant throw instant throw instant throw instant throw instant throw

We didn't get to play in bracket or pools, but nice games in friendlies. lolnojiggs4u. I don't like getting caped by your Mario though :x

ohai isn't this familiar. Sorry about me playing extremely campy against you but I just can't help it lol.

GGs in pools and friendlies before, they were all really close. Nice meeting you again too.

Can't believe you timed Ducky out! lol, a Samus timing out a Wario. . . I know you didn't intend to but it was still funny. Your Samus got tons better though, approaching her is really annoying and I know I can't really camp :x. GGs. And GGs in BlazBlue, EFFING HAKUMEN WITH THAT COUNTER DD WHATEVER IT IS, I had you like the three times that happened too D:. I'm bad at SF so playing you in that wouldn't have been any fun for you. GGs in everything, nice meeting you again too.

Didn't get to play you, but nice seeing you again and thanks for helping host everything.

Nice meeting you again too, ggs in bracket, cape doesn't agree with me lol.

GGs in pools, your Wario got a lot better. Yoshi's Island! Just out of bite range :p

GGs in bracket, that gimp/SD on Frigate sucked, I was just trying to recover and it turned into a gimp :x. Your Sonic got better though, and it was nice meeting you again.

also, guess what else happened?

At Vamp's Thingamacount in February, I played a lot of matches with Fizzle, who ended up beating Count the match right after he beat me. Count got 4th and I got 5th, and we both beat Braxton (me in winners and Count in losers) to knock him out of the tourney. Brax got 5th.

At this tourney, MSC6, I played a lot of matches with Krystedez, who ended up beating Count the match right after he beat me. Count got 3rd and I got 4th, and we both beat Braxton (Count in winners and me in losers) to knock him out of the tourney. Brax got 5th.

. . .

lol

Count

Smash Champion
Avarice, also remember whenever we both lost to thinkaman? Hahaha.

@redhalberd yeah ren was talking to me and was like YEAH REDHALBERD TOLD ME TO CAMP WITH GRENADES AND THATS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED. rofl

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
You guys should have just gone to Nope's
The only reason why I didn't change was because I didn't want to plan two events in May, including that there already a full slate of events. If there was like one or two in May, then I probably would've changed.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

@redhalberd yeah ren was talking to me and was like YEAH REDHALBERD TOLD ME TO CAMP WITH GRENADES AND THATS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED. rofl
Yea, Beast/401K/KoB (my purdue crew doubles partner) told and trained him how to use grenades just recently after last tournament and after RedHalberd said something. He got really patient for this win. He deserves it, because I simply hadn't experienced that level of camping yet, and got stuck in the same pattern. We probably could have timed out last match, but that didn't happen.

I won't get stuck like that again, though. I know where I went wrong now. No johns, Renegade! I'M COMIN FOR YA!

Good job dude. See ya next time :) you owe Beast your other 50 percent! LOL just kidding around.

lol, you lost 5 times to the same snake, how do you feel? XD

Count, you did really well, I figured I'd finally get to play you after so long, you sure got better and you're really stepping it up as a Diddy main. I really think you can beat just about anyone if you just keep working at it.

It was so fun playing you Avarice, sorry that we had to play so much XD You really did help me get ready for Count too, as you could tell.

Good games Xero, again, stepping it up and doing well!

Fun friendlies and doubles against you Brax. Wish we could play more, you've got a pretty beast Luc and Yoshi, lol.

Not sure if I remember playing you much, weren't you with Brax? (confused cuz of the name) Well w/e, if that was you in doubles, good games.

Nice seeing you again Composer, it was fun to watch your samus, even if it was only for a minute.

Thanks for the tourney, you and Rene got it good. Can I suggest for next time, though I know you were trying to get input, that if we do one thing for doubles, that we stick to it? It was sort of confusing how teams were arranged for round robin, and then we just played bracket right after (?)... Just a bit of constructive criticism, next time either just do a simple round robin and place for that, or put everyone in brackets right off the bat, since we only had 5 teams.

Nice seeing ya Caleb, thanks for all the video support. Hope to see you again! (I subscribed for your channel.)

Nice seeing ya, didn't play ya I don't think, YOU EXIST!!! lol whatever that means.

Don't give up on Sonic, my friend thinks you'd be an idiot for doing that after seeing your highlight video demo, you've got talent. (he plays sonic, luigi, and snake) But still, I want you to do well with whoever you use. So good luck as the next tourney.

(I know I said I wouldn't do shoutouts, but I lied. figured it was worth it :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That wasn't the real ducky. The real ducky will never exist. Looks like Indiana and Kentucky both had a small local tournament hahaha. Hope you all had fun!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Krys,

I was just experimenting something with doubles. I understand not a whole lot of people liked it. It was the sports side of me trying something sports related, somewhat similar on how conference tournaments in NCAA basketball are. Probably won't do it again.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord

That crap happens all the time with me and zoze too. Our first tourney in St. Louis I played thinkaman and lost, where shortly after zoze played him and lost too. Another tourney I got beat by Cheesy Mike in losers finals, then zoze got annihilated first set of GF before he won by going kirby. Vamp's tourney I lost a set to Count, and then Count destroyed zoze. I beat Nicole at Hot Dickings, then she goes and beats zoze. A warmed up opponent to your matchup makes things 10x harder.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace

ABOUT TIME YOU STOLE YOUR GLORY BACK!!! BACK INTO BUSINESS AHH YAHH!

And I already know your going to adapt to my style, lol gg's

Monkey!! you did better vs me this time but again I'm snake lol

MONKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU KEPT THROWING THOSE BANANA'S BRO WTF? YOU WERE EVERYWHERE Monkey this and monkey that! **** you monkeys!

Hey gg's in balanced brawl lol, btw try and show for my 15th event it's going to be great!

I don't give a **** fake. step your game up and try and show for the 15th!

I'm pretty sure I played you, Braxtons friend? lol gg's

lmao, our match was funny and omg you won so many Internets when you brought ssf4 you won my tournament just by that.

Thanks for bringing the laptop and help run the tournament! =)

Good stuff recording those matches! I want to see them!!!!!!!!!!! put them up as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good stuff with the ike vs wario =) just wish ike had that advantage =D

Main someone good!!!!!!!!!

I had fun at this tournament I hope I can get a good attendence on the 15th of may also! It's going to be goood comeee!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272519

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Krys and I got trolled when we were about to do our $5 moneymatch.

"is this $1 or $5?"
"uhh it's a $5 MM"
"oh, you better not do it on this TV then...this is balanced brawl."
"the ****? how did we not notice?"
"you were using falco and tornado, how did you not notice?"

Count

Smash Champion
1. Renegade-Too good, my friend. I choked hard that last game, but it happens. Grats on getting over the hump vs kryz. You guys have already had so many epic sets.

2. Krystedez-I'm not upset with how I did against you. You're amazing, and I held my own for the most part! Still 3-0 but two of the games coulda gone either way. I have a great time playing you and I think you read patterns faster than anybody I've ever played besides Mew2King, which is saying a lot. Good stuff.

4. Avarice-Sorry that we always lose to the same people yet I always place higher. Its stupid but it can't really be helped :/. Great diddy hope my tiny bit of advice will help. Glad I didn't have to play you, it woulda been super tough. Sorry I wasn't there to talk to your mom.

5. XeroXen-Ugh Mario's dash attack is broken. Glad I didn't have to play you in brackets. You'll get me some day ;) you shoulda played doubles with ducky! you guys are a good team

5. Brax-Good stuff, you're getting smarter vs diddy. PS2 is stupid though, glad I got that spike on that level >.< you sure love to troll

7. Vetona-Good to meet you, your wolf isn't bad at all. It was a tough match.

7. Th3 Composer-That samus was looking hot. I'm really impressed at how much better you've gotten. Wish I would've seen that time out, such revenge on wario!

9. TheBlueBlade -GJ running the tournament, I had a good time despite the small turnout.

9. Calebyte-Stinks you're dropping the plumber but I'm excited for you to pick up diddy. Also, I can't wait to travel with you more this summer. You might be my favorite person to talk to this game about and you give me a lot of confidence which is really helpful. Despite our current gap in skill you help me just as much or more than I help you.

(Hope you don't take offense to the 'gap in skill' comment, I feel like I know you well enough to assume that you won't.)

9. Ducky-Tough loss to Jake in a well played set. That being said, you shouldn't be this low. You'll get up there! Huntington is no joke, and your wario is really good at adjusting on the fly. Looking forward to watching your growth as you go to more tournaments.

9. RogueBlades-I'm sad that you're dropping sonic but Marth *****. I'll give your marth any MU training you want. Good luck with this and try not to get mad after a rough loss. You'll bounce back and I hope you're super active in the tournament scene this summer.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Looked like a fun tournament. I couldn't make it because of school johns and then I got talked into playing a melee tournament lol. Also, maining Brawl Puff made my Melee Puff like 10000x gayer lmao. Hope to see everyone at the next tournament : D

Vetona the Zero

Smash Cadet
**** next tournament I'm going to have to wear a shirt that has my name on it so people remember who I am. I'm pretty much known as the troll's (Brax's) older cousin. Ha. Results comments later on.

Count

Smash Champion
The reason my side of the bracket was easier was due to complications with krystedez showing up late.

Just wanted to throw that out there before anybody accused me of fixing the bracket for myself. I'd never do that >.<

Blade handled the bracket for the most part and did a wonderful job.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
VIDS ARE UP

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AEA33EA4CE19E692

SHOUTOUTS

Congrats on finally beating Krys!! Haha, good job dude. Good tourney.

Good to see you again man, always fun to watch you play.

Thanks for all the friendlies and advice and stuff. Awesome seeing you as usual. Congrats on 3rd!!! Also, good job in dubs!

Hahahaha, your Diddy is too good. At least I didn't get 3 stocked like the last time we played.

I envy your Mario skills, I want to train with you.

Fun pools match! I enjoyed it a lot.

'sup?

Thanks for the Pokemon stuff! I really appreciate you hooking me up! Good match in pools, I really have no clue how to fight Samus. Awesome job getting 9th.

Good tourney and stuff. Thanks so much for driving!! :)

You should drop Mario in your back pocket and main Diddy Kong, seriously.

Good seeing you again. OMG, 2 IN A ROW! Haha. Fun friendlies.

We should play moar. Just not Sonic vs Mario.

Top Bottom