• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Sakurai Presents "Pyra/Mythra" to air on March 4th.

pyra mythra.jpg

Looking to start off your March with something nice? Well thankfully Nintendo has the answer to that. Nintendo has just confirmed that the Pyra/Mythra presentation for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is scheduled to air next Thursday on March 4th @ 6:00 a.m. PT/9:00 a.m. ET.

As with past presentations, we'll be getting an in-depth analysis of the latest Ultimate character. In this case, we'll technically be looking at two characters in the form of Pyra/Mythra, two characters from Xenoblade 2 which you can switch in between with during battle.

Additionally, Nintendo has once again confirmed that there will be no surprise character reveals during this showcase (which should hopefully shock nobody).

With the exception of Joker, every Fighter Pass DLC character has gotten their own individual presentation hosted by Sakurai himself. Expect a history lesson on Xenoblade 2 as well as the inevitable nerve-wracking Mii Costume showcase segment. Also hopefully a look at Pyra/Mythra's alternate colors which still aren't viewable on the official site for whatever reason.

Author's Note: What are YOU hoping to see in the Pyra/Mythra presentation? Honestly, all I really want is Roaming the Wastes to make it in as one of the music tracks. Let us know what you want to see in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Mii costumes would be more Xenoblade Series, but there could always be a deluxe mii costume and/or a returning Mii Costume from 4. We just have to wait until next week to find out.
Eud0RWgVIAMdKhd.jpeg

it makes me wonder which another double character is a possible choice other than from pokemon trainers tell me about it

Do you think they will also reveal the Min-Min, Sephiroth and Steve amiibo?
I'm personally thinking Steve's amiibos will be shown off, mostly due to the extremely simple molds, considering how I think Steve and Alex are probably sharing a Base due to how simple said poses are. And I said amiibos, as in plural, as Zombie and Tennis Alex as an Alternative to Steve and Alex would probably make a lot of money lol. I do think Steve's going to get his amiibo shown at least, the other three depends, though I currently have my doubts on Sephiroth and Min Min getting their amiibo shown off at the moment. Mostly due to the Extremely skinny parts with Masamune and the the Ramen ARMS are extremely skinny, though I'm thinking Sakurai is probably going to address how Pyra and Myhtra are going to be handled amiibo wise as well so there's that.

I'm personally thinking Steve's amiibos will be shown off, mostly due to the extremely simple molds, considering how I think Steve and Alex are probably sharing a Base due to how simple said poses are. And I said amiibos, as in plural, as Zombie and Tennis Alex as an Alternative to Steve and Alex would probably make a lot of money lol. I do think Steve's going to get his amiibo shown at least, the other three depends, though I currently have my doubts on Sephiroth and Min Min getting their amiibo shown off at the moment. Mostly due to the Extremely skinny parts with Masamune and the the Ramen ARMS are extremely skinny, though I'm thinking Sakurai is probably going to address how Pyra and Myhtra are going to be handled amiibo wise as well so there's that.
Well any amiibo shown off is a win for me lol. Sephiroth and Min Min would indeed take a lot longer to make than Steve. Sakurai even said himself Steve would be a very easy amiibo to make. Also not to be "that person" but the plural of amiibo is just amiibo. :b:

Well any amiibo shown off is a win for me lol. Sephiroth and Min Min would indeed take a lot longer to make than Steve. Sakurai even said himself Steve would be a very easy amiibo to make. Also not to be "that person" but the plural of amiibo is just amiibo. :b:
Oh. Really? Thanks! But I do think Steve's amiibo being as easy as it is to make will probably get him Multiple by default. If not now, then definitely later. Probably four at Maximum, but it's more likely going to be two thanks to Covid and Enderman lol.

Oh. Really? Thanks! But I do think Steve's amiibo being as easy as it is to make will probably get him Multiple by default. If not now, then definitely later. Probably four at Maximum, but it's more likely going to be two thanks to Covid and Enderman lol.
Yeah that's definitely possible! Back in Smash 4 when Mr. Game and Watch's amiibo came out, they compensated for his extremely simple design by including 3 (or 4?) other poses that you could switch. Personally I'm not a fan of Steve (and Alex even less) but I'm still excited to see what they come up with!

I still find it so disappointing they didn't make an amiibo for the other 3 characters of Hero. :( They're seperate characters in a way after all. But oh well they didn't do it for Alph with Olimar so I guess it makes sense lol.

Yeah that's definitely possible! Back in Smash 4 when Mr. Game and Watch's amiibo came out, they compensated for his extremely simple design by including 3 (or 4?) other poses that you could switch. Personally I'm not a fan of Steve (and Alex even less) but I'm still excited to see what they come up with!

I still find it so disappointing they didn't make an amiibo for the other 3 characters of Hero. :( They're seperate characters in a way after all. But oh well they didn't do it for Alph with Olimar so I guess it makes sense lol.
I really hope when Covid's Over, that every character gets a Player 2 amiibo, with either alternate colors, or every character with an altered design or alternate costume would get that Costume as well, considering Sephiroth only has 2 alts lol.

I really hope when Covid's Over, that every character gets a Player 2 amiibo, with either alternate colors, or every character with an altered design or alternate costume would get that Costume as well, considering Sephiroth only has 2 alts lol.
That would be awesome but unlikely unfortunately... They also only made male Robin but made a player 2 for Corrin for some reason. Never got why since female Robin is also a "waifu" so probably a good selling product.

About Pyra and Mythra, I hope they each get their own seperate amiibo. Maybe a 2-pack.

If we're talking about Pyra/Mythra in game, I think they're going to be busted. We don't know the details of their moves yet but it seems you can switch freely without end lag. Let's just hope they won't give us something like Smash 4 Bayo or Cloud again.

Last edited:
If we're talking about Pyra/Mythra in game, I think they're going to be busted. We don't know the details of their moves yet but it seems you can switch freely without end lag. Let's just hope they won't give us something like Smash 4 Bayo or Cloud again.
I'm pretty sure that there will be some sort of drawback for transforming too frequently if you don't stick with a specific character for a certain amount of time; decreased intangibility frames would be one notable example.

That would be awesome but unlikely unfortunately... They also only made male Robin but made a player 2 for Corrin for some reason. Never got why since female Robin is also a "waifu" so probably a good selling product.

About Pyra and Mythra, I hope they each get their own seperate amiibo. Maybe a 2-pack.

I guess it's because the female version of Corrin is much more popular than the male one (whereas with Robin, it seems to be about even), or because it was (for all they knew) the final set of Smash amiibo so they wanted to go out on a high note. (Cloud and Bayonetta also got P2 variants, which sticks out considering that separate characters like Alph or the Koopalings didn't)

If the Pokemon Trainer is any indication, I'd think that they'd each get their own amiibo. No idea if it will be a 2 pack or not - I haven't followed amiibo super closely (so I'm not sure if there have been any 2 or 3 packs for a while), but characters like the Champions from BOTW or the Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon were sold separately, and with amiibo not being as popular as they used to be, I could see there being concerns about shelf space.

Last edited:
Please no, I only have so much money/display space :urg:

I've already accepted the fate of my most wanted character, so nothing from the mii costume showcase here will bother me.

I will say though, for those whose most wanted gets sent to the slaughterhouse this time, don't waste your time clinging to some small miniscule grain of hope like So many of my fellow Geno fans did. It'll only make it sting more when it sets in, and will ensure you'll be just as salty at the next character reveal when it turns out they won't make it. Part of the reason I was able to actually enjoy the pyra/mythra reveal is not just because I am a fan of XC2(FINALLY got
Zenobia after literally 300+ hours of grinding, even KOS-MOS I got before her, literally the last base game blade I needed
), but because I finally just learned to accept Geno's Fate. And despise Sephiroth and his mains all the more for it and revel in the pleasure of when I destroy one of them.

Can’t wait!

I wonder if KOS-MOS will be Mii Gunner costume.
uhhhhhhh, I just looked up her entry on Xenosaga's Wiki... and I'm having doubts... most female Mii outfits tend to have some sort of dress to make the distinction obvious... I don't think it would be easy to replicate KOS-MOS's appearance without slight censorship. for those unaware, I've linked the different appearances from Xenosaga below.

Ver. 1 (note: that's not a skirt)
Ver. 2 (if there was an attempt, this might be the best chance to get away with it)
Ver. 3 (yea-- nope...)
Ver. 4 (if anyone's gonna know KOS-MOS but has not played Xenosaga before, like myself, this one is the appearance that appears in crossovers)

Last edited:
uhhhhhhh, I just looked up her entry on Xenosaga's Wiki... and I'm having doubts... most female Mii outfits tend to have some sort of dress to make the distinction obvious... I don't think it would be easy to replicate KOS-MOS's appearance without slight censorship. for those unaware, I've linked the different appearances from Xenosaga below.

Ver. 1 (note: that's not a skirt)
Ver. 2 (if there was an attempt, this might be the best chance to get away with it)
Ver. 3 (yea-- nope...)
Ver. 4 (if anyone's gonna know KOS-MOS but has not played Xenosaga before, like myself, this one is the appearance that appears in crossovers)
There’s actually a design for her created specifically for Xenoblade 2.
80FE8CD9-610E-483D-B8C4-5FEA30B5107F.jpeg

With some slight censorship, she could feasibly be a costume.

D
I'm not super interested in this but happy for the ones that are.

Still waiting for Sora or Dante. But this is exciting to have a character I know to get in the game. I didn't get the same feeling from Sephiroth as I did for Pyra/Mythra, since I haven't gotten that far in XC2. But a stance change character... That feels nice to have a character like that.

It’ll be nice to see the presentation tomorrow, and I’m excited for Pyra/Mythra’s addition (I’m also curious about the stage). Idk all of the Mii costumes, but KOS-MOS and either Lloyd or Monster Hunter seem to be reasonable guesses since KOS
-MOS is in XenoSaga, and there are still a couple SSB For DLC costumes left.

Okay, so here's my thoughts:
  • + I loved watching Sakurai geeking out over the game he was talking about
  • + It's nice to see that the Aegis girls' playstyle(s) encourage you to swap between them
  • + Cloud Sea of Alrest looks beautiful!
  • + The Swap move looks like it'll be useful for last-minute dodging
  • + I love all the additional Spirits they added
  • - No other Xenoblade Spirits for the Spirit Board
  • - No other Xeno costumes, for some reason; it's all Capcom, which pretty much buries their chances
    • On that note, I was getting into Ghosts 'n Goblins recently, so Arthur admittedly stung a bit (just as I was rerating him in RTC, too)

Surprisingly few Mii costumes, and none of them were from Xenoblade. (three Monster Hunter costumes and Arthur from Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

Also, no Xenoblade Chronicles X music, which seems odd - that felt like a really big oversight from the base game. (you'd think that they could get Uncontrollable in there at least, since it was in both XCX and XC2)

I feel like people are really jumping the gun on the whole "all Capcom costumes means that Capcom isn't going to get a playable character!" thing.

Last edited:
The crash Bandicoot/Monster Hunter leak is DEAD MH became a Mii costume!!!!!!!!!! Meaning that Kos-Mos or better yet DANTE can still make it in some way, Meanwhile Fighters pass 3 is unknow.......

Top Bottom