• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Depending on if Game and Watch appears in that upcoming "Game and Wario" game for the Wii U, GW could possibly get some moveset adjustments to better reflect his more recent appearance.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
the parachute lives on, as a recovery buff.

never again shall he whiff an edge like in Melee.

and I agree new moves from Game& Wario would be nice, though Judgement must stay(it's as iconic to him as falcon punch to cap.)

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I know game and watch will be in the next smash because of the history behind it.He was one of the first ever video game characters created by nintendo. If not,I will go and find Sakurai and throw a...idk...A homemade game and watch....uh....slipper at him!He'll be running home scared then!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I think Mr. Game & Watch is a little too strong, but his very light frame and poor defensive maneuvers do balance him out, in a way.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Sometimes I think Mr. Game & Watch is a little too strong, but his very light frame and poor defensive maneuvers do balance him out, in a way.
Incredibly strong, good speed, great recovery, awesome momentum cancelling, yes, but then one realizes that he's one of the lightest chars in the game and a lot of his moves are quite laggy.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Mr. Game & Watch's.

Weak Attacks

1: Green House

Strong Attacks

Upward: Flag Man
Forward: Lion
Downward: Manhole

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Octopus
Forward: Fire Attack
Downward: Vermin

Dash Attack: Helmet

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Parachute
Front: Cement Factory
Back: Turtle Bridge
Up: Spit Ball Sparky
Down: Donkey Kong Jr.

Special Attacks

Standard B: Chef
Foward B: Judgment
Upward B: Fire
Downward B: Oil Panic

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Alarm
Front: Forward Ball
Back: Backward Ball
Up: Vertical Ball
Down: Drop Ball

Now, to move on.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
G&W would be so much better if he had a legit range threat.
Yeah, his neutral B should be more of a range threat.

Also, Mr. Game and Watch's down B IMO should definitely be replaced. That move is nearly worthless (in both Melee and Brawl), and it is among the least used and least useful moves in smash thus far. I'm sure Sakurai and co. could think of a better move (that is awesome, like most of Mr. Game and Watch's other moves) for Mr. Game and Watch!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Didn't Mr. G&W's forward aerial reference Mario Bros.? The package that he used came from that Game & Watch title.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, while Game's downB was certainly not very useful in Melee, it was one of his most useful moves in Brawl. It stopped ALL momentum when he was sent flying which allowed him to live to crazy %'s. The technique was called "Bucket Breaking".
I'm aware of that... although I forgot to mention that as its' only use! :laugh: :lol: :facepalm:

What I should have said was that Mr. Game and Watch's down B is worthless as an attack. :bee:

Also, I doubt that technique will be in Smash WiiU and 3DS, thus it would be worthless (again). That and another move could always do that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@bubbaking: Here's a sprite sheet from Game & Watch Gallery 3. If you look hard enough, you should see the sprite that resembles the item that Mr. G&W uses with his f-air.

MrMax

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling that the Wii Fit Lady is the new Game and Watch type character if he is removed.
I agree. She is the same type of gimmick. And I think Villager is also a replacement in terms of quirky movesets.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I agree. She is the same type of gimmick. And I think Villager is also a replacement in terms of quirky movesets.

Villager to me seems like a completely different character, he doesnt seem to fit for a GnW type character. Him and Mega Man are very very normal and wanted compared to her.

MrMax

Smash Rookie
Villager to me seems like a completely different character, he doesnt seem to fit for a GnW type character. Him and Mega Man are very very normal and wanted compared to her.
I mean the quirks of using pots, bowling balls, and weird objects in his moveset.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
I mean the quirks of using pots, bowling balls, and weird objects in his moveset.

Agreed. I thought Villager resembled G&W too when I saw that video haha. Pulling random objects out of nowhere. Anyway, I hope he comes back. They need to buff Chef, maybe give the projectiles a set trajectory so you can semi-camp with it.

Top Bottom