• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch - Global Smash Power

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Creating a post for all other G&W mains to track their Smash Online GSP.

Have yet to see a G&W higher than me. 4,508,722 GSP.

Where does everyone else stand. Is there a GSP tracker for all characters in Smash somewhere?

JMP

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
C candysell that's great man! Until I saw that GSP level website I assumed I was at the top of the mountain. Oh how far off I am. It is kind of good that i've never played a G&W higher than me.

It's too bad the swings in GSP can be drastic too. So it's hard to stay at that consistent 4.55M area range. You can win 3-4 in a row and only garner 25K whereas if you lose 2-3 games in a row it could be a 60K swing or bigger.

candysell

Smash Cadet
C candysell that's great man! Until I saw that GSP level website I assumed I was at the top of the mountain. Oh how far off I am. It is kind of good that i've never played a G&W higher than me.

It's too bad the swings in GSP can be drastic too. So it's hard to stay at that consistent 4.55M area range. You can win 3-4 in a row and only garner 25K whereas if you lose 2-3 games in a row it could be a 60K swing or bigger.
Yeah, they need to fix the GSP system because it's a high risk, low reward.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
I've got up to 4.768M as of yesterday and back in Elite. Funny that Elite used to be back around 3.9M a month or two ago.

Anyone know of guys higher?

Not sure how to post a screen shot from an uploaded link.

Constantini

Smash Cadet
Got to 4,866,638 a few hours ago.

I'm not the highest I've seen, but when I was sitting around 4.3 mil I saw some 1 or two g&w players around there, and they might be higher. Or lower. I honestly just wanted to see if I could reach elite smash with g&w as I already have a main and secondary but I might swap secondaries now. Took me two weeks worth of trying. I'm also unsure how to post a direct image but I'm happy to show evidence if someone tells me the easiest way.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Got to 4,866,638 a few hours ago.

I'm not the highest I've seen, but when I was sitting around 4.3 mil I saw some 1 or two g&w players around there, and they might be higher. Or lower. I honestly just wanted to see if I could reach elite smash with g&w as I already have a main and secondary but I might swap secondaries now. Took me two weeks worth of trying. I'm also unsure how to post a direct image but I'm happy to show evidence if someone tells me the easiest way.
As of a day ago i'm at 4,913,111 and haven't seen a higher G&W. The highest GSP i've played against so far is around the 4.97 range. Haven't seen 5M yet!

Constantini

Smash Cadet
Nice! Rep G&W for us :p
But really though, barely anyone uses him so we're probably very few who make it to elite smash with him. He's not nearly as bad as he was in sm4sh which is great but sword characters really keep him from being better. Even for inkling and wolf I can find an answer; sword characters, no dice. They can come at you from angles that outright beat or outprioritize any of his moves.

Fighting DK, D3, K rool and Bowser is also a nightmare. They can kill you at 30%.....

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
The swordsman come with varying difficulties. I have a hard time getting to Chrom and the Link's. All the Link's do are run to the other side of the board and fire off arrow, after boomerang, after bomb. So annoying! It's legitimately not even fair sometimes how protected they are and how their reach goes so far. Roy's up air torches G&W for a kill at such a low % if you are remotely near the top of a stage.

And it's funny I excel with the heavyweights. All of the above mentioned and Ganon I actually like to play. Its always great to get a running start and go at them from so many different angles with a lot of the different attacks. Ganon is the toughest of course as he has long reach. The kill with these guys is as tough as any other character, but getting them to high %'s seems to be easier than chasing after a smaller/faster opponents.

Non-heavyweights I dread 1v1's against are, not in any order: Palutena (have a really hard time getting to her), Inkling (hard to get to!), Diddy K (never play them, but small and hard to lock down), and the Pikas (same as Diddy but faster!).

candysell

Smash Cadet
I'm about to hit 5 million GSP. About 50k to go. I'll probably be there when I wake up in the morning though. I keep going higher even though I don't play quickplay. I'm more of an arena battles guy.

candysell

Smash Cadet
I'm actually at 4,991,362 GSP. Almost there.

The character I have issues facing is Metaknight. I would play against some streamer and Metaknight just Game and Watch in speed. Sure other characters are fast, but Metaknight's moveset makes it difficult.

From the heavies that I have difficulties with are good Dededes and Bowsers. Bowser is tougher. Being unable to rapid jab him makes me rely on my other movesets and ignore that one. I can still beat them but I have to put more work into beating them. Ganondorf is probably the easiest to face. He is just a juggle machine. I love facing Ganondorf's. Sure he packs a punch, but Ganondorf's are very predictable in what they are going to do next.

Now Snake's are where the real fun begins. Keep bringing out those projectiles because it's bucket time. Bucket on a shield and it's a shield break. Bucket them without their shield and they're dead. It's a Win-Win situation for G&W. And their Nikita, won't work against a G&W since he can just reflect it. Snake lost his his best edge guarding tool. He tries mortar, just bucket it or reflect. It's just a mismatch in G&W's favor.

Game and Watch is a fun character to use overall and he's good. Zero just put him at B-Tier for his tier list. He's getting recognized.

Last edited:

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
We keep climbing! Currently at 5,041,022. The fact that there isn't a module in the game for leader boards, leader boards per character, or etc is so lame.

Last edited:

Lergi

Smash Rookie
For what it's worth, I'm at 5,120,015. Haven't played in a while thanks to my broken controller, but eh.

candysell

Smash Cadet
Hey you guys, check out my Mr. Game and Watch montage. I posted it on the Ultimate Video sub.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Looked it up. Not too shabby. The Judgement reach is so short so its hard to use while floating in air. The hit box for 9 is pretty solid though. Are all of those montages from your online matches??

G&W GSP is 5,108,492! Dumb question I may have asked before but how do I take a picture from my phone and post images to these threads?

candysell

Smash Cadet
Looked it up. Not too shabby. The Judgement reach is so short so its hard to use while floating in air. The hit box for 9 is pretty solid though. Are all of those montages from your online matches??

G&W GSP is 5,108,492! Dumb question I may have asked before but how do I take a picture from my phone and post images to these threads?
Yeah, every single clip. I already have some replays to make a 3rd montage but still not enough. I want to get started on it before the Hero release. I can't have those replays disappear on me.

As for the images, I don't know how to post pictures from the phone. I usually just post them to reddit and post the link it here. I think it still shows the picture.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
7,853,000 here

Candysell where do you fall?!?! I took a month or more break, the online lag seems to almost gone for the most part.

Top Bottom