• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game and Teach: What We Have Learned From Mr. Game & Watch

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
This thread has been dormant for the last 4+ months in the Brawl G&W thread, but I like it, so I thought I'd bring it here. Here is the old OP posted by @blind_angel16 :
I figured we needed a fun thread somewhat like the Social thread, but focusing on one thing. Hopefully our mods won't close this thread anytime soon, lol.

Have you ever played one of the old 1980's Game & Watch games and considered how certain things couldn't possibly happen in real life, even though real life is what some of the games were based on? This thread is for those moments when our physics-trolling friend Mr. Game & Watch just doesn't make sense, which is quite often. Here's how it works:

Rule 1: Post an odd occurence you've found in a Game & Watch game in the following manner, "Mr. Game & Watch taught me that..."
Rule 2: You may only put one reference per post, and you may only post again after someone else has posted after you. Make sure to tell what game you are talking about.
Rule 3: ???? The referenced game can be from any Game & Watch game that was made, not just the games Mr. G&W got his moves in Brawl from.
Rule 4: PROFIT! This is supposed to be a comedic thread, so be creative and have fun with it! :bee:

Basically, this is a tongue-in-cheek humor thread about how odd Mr. Game & Watch's games of origin can be. If there are enough posts, I'll make a list of what we've thought up. :)

I'll go first for an example:

Mr. Game & Watch taught me that it takes only three drops of oil to completely fill an entire bucket. (Oil Panic)

EDIT: Can't think of a reference from a Game & Watch game? Haven't played any of them? No problem! Put a reference to Brawl or Melee, if you so choose, about things that you find odd or funny with Mr. Game & Watch's moves. Thanks Snow Shard; hopefully with this addition we'll get this thread off the ground. :bee:

Example for Brawl:

Mr. Game & Watch taught me that hitting your opponent with a box is the best way to keep them off the stage. (Brawl)

Furret24

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch taught me it takes seven years to pull a key out of the ground (D-Air).
He also taught me that manholes make wind (D-Tilt).
He also taught me that nothing good ever lasts (Sm4sh).
He also taught me that I can juggle apes four times my weight and size with ease (Throws).

Furret24

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that if you change dimensions, you will become a god. (Skip to 3:41)

Last edited:

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
Mr. Game and Watch taught me to always carry a fish bowl in case I get thirsty (Brawl).
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that if you change dimensions, you will become a god. (Skip to 3:41)
I started watching this yesterday, but I pretty much stopped after Shiek Tether-Grabbed the Smash Ball and...did...something.
Is this video comprised of unedited footage? Hacking? Glitches?

Furret24

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch taught me to always carry a fish bowl in case I get thirsty (Brawl).

I started watching this yesterday, but I pretty much stopped after Shiek Tether-Grabbed the Smash Ball and...did...something.
Is this video comprised of unedited footage? Hacking? Glitches?
That was Spider-Man, not Sheik.

To answer your other question, this is gameplay footage of a Brawl mod called Project Meme, which basically combines silly Brawl mods and makes a bigger mod out of it. If only Mr. Game and Watch finally got these kind of buffs in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Sixell

Smash Cadet
Those relatively smooth Game and Watch animations and the attacks that expand and grow make me think of how Paper Mario would play if he were in ssb4. I'd totally love to see him in the game since he may be like (a stronger and faster version of) GW in many ways.

Furret24

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that it is impossible to put arrows, rocks, discs, and other physical objects in buckets.
He also taught me that torches, even if still burning, will only hurt people for the first moment you pull it out. (F-Smash)
He also taught me that slamming people on the ground hurts less than throwing them in the air. (D-throw in Brawl)

Molk

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game and Watch taught me to always wear a helmet, you never know when it'll protect you (Smash 4 Up Smash).

Last edited:

Voltshock

Smash Rookie
Mr Game and Watch taught me explosions are safe, as long as you carry a bucket (Sm4sh)

Furret24

Smash Master
Mr. Game and Watch taught me that the only way to keep lions in cages is to put a small chair infront of the exits. (Lion)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Mr. Game & Watch taught me that you can't put water in a bucket. You can, however, put lasers, lightning, fire, explosions, and magic in a bucket!

Top Bottom