• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Moxie 2 ($60 PayPal first prize)

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
Yo, been a couple years from the first Moxie, and a whole new game. Wanted to get back into being a TO, and practicing to eventually TO events in Michigan. I will be giving 60 bucks to the person who places 1st by PayPal, but will add a 2nd place prize if participants reach 50 active players.
The tournament will begin on February 22, 2019.
Due to me being a full time student, and picking up shifts at work many of the days that I am not at school, the tournament will be held throughout a 4 week time period, and that you just schedule and complete your matches in a timely fashion. This helps me keep track of the tour in my free time, and helps me by not overwhelming me with hiccups and bumps in the road that come with a 1 day event.

If a player does not communicate with third opponent within a 24 hour period, that player will forfeit that match.
To avoid disputes about whether or not a match was scheduled, all scheduling must be done in the tournaments channel so that everyone can be held accountable.
You are allowed to reschedule once before top 8, and once more if you make it past top 8.
PLEASE make sure that your scheduled time, is good for both of you before you agree.

Rules:

Stocks 3 / Time 7:00
Hazards: OFF
Items and FS Meter: OFF

Games are best of 3 until Semifinals (or Quarters or Finals, depending on signups) where the sets become best of 5.

Stage striking starts at starter stages:
Player A Bans one starter
Player B Bans two starters
Player A Bans one starter
The players go to the remaining stage

After winning a game, the winner may choose to ban 3 stages, then the loser chooses the stage out of all the stages listed below.

Starter Stages:
Battlefield (All Battlefield Forms Allowed)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Kalos Pokemon League
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Final Destination (All Omega Forms Allowed)
Lylat Cruise
Town And City
Prism Tower
Skyloft
Warioware
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
--------------------------------------------
The tour discord is here: https://discord.gg/aXkAka2
And the sign up link is here!:
https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/xwZcU8EQXK

I hope you guys will give me feedback on this post and the tour in general, I'm writing this off of my phone, so please bear with me.

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
If this tourney is still going on, the Discord link is invalid. Could you make a new one?

Grass

Smash Lord
how are you handling the prize? Is all 60 going to 1st place and no split for 2nd and 3rd? Just my 2 cents but that's not a good way to handle tournaments. But you do you.

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
how are you handling the prize? Is all 60 going to 1st place and no split for 2nd and 3rd? Just my 2 cents but that's not a good way to handle tournaments. But you do you.
Well, i apologize for the late reply, I'm a full time cna and part time student. And while i do understand that the way this prize is spilt is not really well managed at all(leffen had a big part in advocating for better splits in prize money.). I was in a short deadline and a strict budget to push this tour out. 60 dollars is the price of most eShop games without tax, so that's why I decided not to break it up. I do apologize for any inconveniences that this decision may cause you, but I'm taking your concerns very seriously, and will definitely take them into consideration when i can host another tournament. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom