• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving to Ohio..

Project¤Dusk

Smash Rookie
As the title says. I guess I'm just concerned as I don't know what to expect smash-wise. I'm going out there on a whim because the people out there feel sorry for me that I came out to Cali from Florida for my ex, only for her to cheat on me. Been to SoCal regionals, chronicles, few locals, but have NOT made any solid friendships. I've gotten back into the scene for a decent timeframe but I'm a nobody, so who knows..I mean I was talking to a smash girl and literally didn't want anything to with me unless i was a top player (even though we had a **** ton in common and kinda laughed at eachothers nerdiness).

Anyway, I'm alone and trash in Cali, I lost everything in Florida...I could maybe go to New York where I was born, but again I don't know anyone out there anymore.

The important question smash-wise is though: how's the smash scene in Ohio? Haven't asked them exactly what part of Ohio they are at, so I'll update this once I talk to them again.

If you did manage to read all of my BS, thank you..

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sorry dude. That sucks.

I'm from Ohio originally but I was active during the Melee/Brawl days. Columbus had a fantastic Smash scene there if you're in central Ohio.

You'll probably have more luck checking in the Midwest forums. Best of luck in your transition.

Project¤Dusk

Smash Rookie
Sorry dude. That sucks.

I'm from Ohio originally but I was active during the Melee/Brawl days. Columbus had a fantastic Smash scene there if you're in central Ohio.

You'll probably have more luck checking in the Midwest forums. Best of luck in your transition.
Yeah, I'll definitely check that out. Thank you for your time!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
My friend lives in Columbus and they have like 3 weekly circuits going on all at once. Even if you lived a super busy life, there are enough tournaments going on that you could probably make at least 1 a week.

It’s crazy, especially for someone like me who lives somewhere that you have to drive an hour each way for a 20 man local. For a good comparison, the Columbus only smash group on Facebook as just as many members as the group for the entire state of Ohio.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Yeah, I'll definitely check that out. Thank you for your time!
It’s honestly not bad, I’m next door in Kentucky and I’ve been to some LANs down in Cincinnati. Don’t expect what your use to though, most definitely a down grade from Florida and Cali my man but don’t let that fool you. Competition is still fierce in this neck, WV, V, OH and KY all have some really good players! Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, things happen for a reason and it was probably for the best that it didn’t end up working out, ya know? Settling down and spending your life with someone just to find out they’ve been cheating on you for 30 years would suck. Chin up homie.

jrocket

Smash Rookie
Columbus is huge as others said, but north east Ohio (NEOH) also has a decent scene. Tournaments can usually be found fairly easily within universities like Kent State or Akron.

Project¤Dusk

Smash Rookie
Ohh, thanks everyone for taking the time to slide this info to me :) I'll look into these ASAP. I'm talking to my friend at this time and she said they live in Niles? Is that alright?

EDIT: Where I'll be at it's apparently less than 30 minutes from Kent State or Akron, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Ohh, thanks everyone for taking the time to slide this info to me :) I'll look into these ASAP. I'm talking to my friend at this time and she said they live in Niles? Is that alright?

EDIT: Where I'll be at it's apparently less than 30 minutes from Kent State or Akron, if that makes sense.
Yeah man Niles is a nice little town, your really close to cleveland and pittsburgh but your also not far away from cincinnati and columbus. Detroit, MI a little north of niles has some pretty big LAN events, Frostbite for example is held in detroit.

Project¤Dusk

Smash Rookie
Yeah man Niles is a nice little town, your really close to cleveland and pittsburgh but your also not far away from cincinnati and columbus. Detroit, MI a little north of niles has some pretty big LAN events, Frostbite for example is held in detroit.
Awesome~
Sounds like I'll be within the scene at Ohio then. Kinda gets me hyped up lol. I just hope things work for me out there and that some of my "goals" can be accomplished. Guess I shall see soon enough..

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
the 3 major cities are pretty strong, tbh

also tons of good food options, which is surprising for the location

enjoy your time in ohio <3

L3 Gaming

Smash Rookie
Hey I live in central Ohio and I am looking for more active people in the smash community to help me make a group to start running our own tournaments. The only issue is without going to other tournaments, I don't meet many other people that play smash. Message me if you wanna training partner too

Top Bottom