• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

camerino1

Smash Lord
I want a Flash movie, he is my favorite hero. I also wouldn't mind Green Arrow, but he isn't as mainstream as Superman or those guys.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You guys are talking about Stephen King in a movie thread and Shawshank hasn't been brought up yet? :awesome: 1408 was a really good horror movie too.

Was never a Green Lantern fan to begin with but the trailer doesn't get me that hyped :embarrass:
Shawshank was a pretty good movie. I was kinda disappointed when I finally saw it because so many people talk about it like it's the most perfect and greatest movie ever made. I actually liked Green Mile a lot more.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Green Mile is a really good movie, but then again, Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors.

Peeze

Smash Master
I want a Flash movie, he is my favorite hero. I also wouldn't mind Green Arrow, but he isn't as mainstream as Superman or those guys.
Doesn't need to be mainstream.
Watchmen, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Elektra, DareDevil, Howard the Duck.

I wouldnt say any of those are more mainstream than Green Arrow.

Gatlin

What do you not like about Nicolas Cage? I have really only seen him in a few movies such as Ghostrider and National Treasure, but he seems like a decent actor to me. Loved Knowing and Next, he played good roles in those.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
:urg:
He's just so... dry.

I also have an aunt who works with costumes in LA and she's met him before. She says he's kind of an ***hole

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Nic's not a bad actor. I thought he was okay in Knowing (which I wasn't a huge fan of, though I did like some of the premise and the special effects sequences), and I really liked Matchstick Men.

Also, he apparently created a new acting method which he plans to write a book about.

Hey, I'm buying it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Anyone who hates Nic Cage obviously hasn't seen him in actually really good movies.

His performance in Leaving Las Vegas is by far the best portrayal of alcoholism in any movie.

Adaptation has him playing identical twins, and you can always tell which one is which based on his body language alone.

Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans is an insane movie and he is really intense and over the top in a good way.

Bringing Out the Dead is a Martin Scorsese movie, and is nearly as good as Taxi Driver, nuff said.

Cage is also great fun in stupid movies like Drive Angry.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Nic Cage is extremely well-rounded. He can deliver extremely high caliber performances, or be just stupidly fun and enjoyable to watch. I've liked everything i've seen him in, Kick-*** being I think his prime over-the-top enjoyable performance. He's definitly in my top 10, at least.

Actually, National Treasure 2 sucked, but thats the only "bad" Nic Cage movie I can think of.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I have to admit, Raising Arizona is a good one.

I just don't like the cut of his jib

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nic Cage is a good actor, but it seems like most of his good movies are behind him. I don't know why, but he always signs onto poorly scripted or story made movies, and then gets hated for it. But there's a reason why he still gets signed on for movies, it's because he is a good actor.

Anyone going to see Hanna? It's getting some solid reviews.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nic Cage is a good actor, but bad scripts are just killing him.

I'm going to see Red Riding Hood tomorrow! I'm not gonna lie, cute, intelligent female companionship is the only reason why I'm looking forward to it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think Cage just agrees to any script that hits his desk. that's why he's in so many horrendous movies
I agre completely.

So anyway, I saw Red Riding Hood! It was a pleasantly mediocre movie when it wasn't trying to be twilight. The ending sucked too, and there were plenty of terrible lines and actors.

I also hated how they didn't push the psychological aspects too hard. I guess they just didn't have enough time after writing all of the terrible romance
scenes. And there are quite a few of them. :/

5.5/10

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Antichrist blew my mind in a best-movie-I-NEVER-want-to-see-again kind of way.

the whole planet-x factor for this one seems like it has a lot of potential

Amide

Smash Lord
Antichrist was so much fun. Really one of the best horrors of the past decade. And I'm super excited for Melancholia. The trailer seems really interesting and I'm pleased to see the actress from Antichrist again. She's just amazing.

For those of you who haven't seen Von Trier's other movies Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I strongly encourage you to check them out. The former kind of frustrated me in a way, though I loved Dogville, and both are must-sees.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You have to be the first person I've ever heard describe Antichrist as "fun", lol.

Dancer in the Dark is probably my favorite von Trier movie. I did not like Dogville too much. Europa is a good one as well.

I think he is a very polarizing filmmaker.

David12

Smash Rookie
My Top 10 movies in 2010
10. Agora
9. True Grit
8. Inception
7. Winter's Bone
6. How to Train Your Dragon
5. Remember Me
4. The Fighter
3. Black Swan
2. I Am Love
1. The Social Network

Olikus

Smash Champion
What I liked best about antichrist was the soundtrack. Really good. Allso seen The Fighter now. Probably my favourite sports movie. Christian Bale maybe does his best performance so far. So funny with all the nagging sister who pops up everywere too :p

Gatlin

Just watched AVP:Requiem last night. Being a huge fan of both series, I figured I would like AVP too. Already saw the first AVP which was I really liked, so figured this one would be great as well. It was, but what I really liked about it, was how it handled it's suspenseful scenes.
Most of the time when a main character is in a scene where they are surrounded by dozens of things that can kill them, they almost always make it out alive by some random luck. In this movie though, the main characters almost always would die when in a situation such as that, which is really not what I was expecting to happen.
Thought it was really cool that they went in the direction that most people aren't expecting from a typical horror movie scenario.

Still wish the Aliens would have been victorious over Predators, I like them better.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Horror movies like Aliens and such are so hit and miss its not even funny.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't really like Predator too much. The first one was ok, the second one is a horrible POS. The AVP movies are both...ehh, they're okay.

Alien however is an awesome franchise...for the most part

Alien= A great horror/slasher film. It's a little bit aged nowadays, but not really.

Aliens= An AWESOME action/thriller movie. This is my favorite one out of all of them.

Alien 3= Kinda sucks. There are some cool parts but mostly, just crappy.

Alien Resurrection= I only saw this when it first came out and I was like 10 years old. I thought it was awesome at the time, but it's probably not that great. I can't remember a single thing about it.

Ridley Scott is making a new film called Pandorum, and they revealed that it is linked to the Alien series somehow

Gatlin

I don't really like Predator too much. The first one was ok, the second one is a horrible POS. The AVP movies are both...ehh, they're okay.

Alien however is an awesome franchise...for the most part

Alien= A great horror/slasher film. It's a little bit aged nowadays, but not really.

Aliens= An AWESOME action/thriller movie. This is my favorite one out of all of them.

Alien 3= Kinda sucks. There are some cool parts but mostly, just crappy.

Alien Resurrection= I only saw this when it first came out and I was like 10 years old. I thought it was awesome at the time, but it's probably not that great. I can't remember a single thing about it.

Ridley Scott is making a new film called Pandorum, and they revealed that it is linked to the Alien series somehow
Agreed, Aliens was definitely the best of the series. Alien Resurrection in my opinion shouldn't have happened. It was more just milking the franchise for all it's worth and trying to squeeze out one more movie. It wasn't really "bad" per se, but it wasn't really good either. I thought the human-alien hybrid was cool though, cept for the ending, that was kinda gross. :p

And awesome, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Horror movies like Aliens and such are so hit and miss its not even funny.
What do you mean by this? I am not really getting it, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You guys been hyping Antichrist up. It has me curious.

Well, after reading the ploy summary, it definitely has me curious. I'll be sure to watch it on a lonely summer night.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
What do you mean by this? I am not really getting it, lol.
Just horror movies in general are hit-and miss. I've never seen a horror movie that I've just been like "eh, it's OK". I either really really liked it or hated it. Like, I regard movies like Halloween, Silence of the Lambs, and most Hitchcock movies as masterpieces. Movies like the rest of the Halloween franchise (excluding the original 2 and the unrelated 3), Jason X, and the Grudge 2 were horrible. B horror movies like attack of the Killer Tomatos are in their own catagory seperate from the others.

Then, you have the horror movies that are just...unpleasent. Exorcist and A Serbian Film (the latter I haven't seen, but read the plot description which made me sick) are a different catagory all together as well.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Insidious was "ok"

Movies like Friday the 13th and Halloween and stuff kind of remind me of professional wrestling. Their writers are so bad they can't find work anywhere else, lol

Gatlin

Watched 28 Days Later tonight. I honestly thought it was dumb, a lot of potential for a good plot and movie, but executed horribly and typically. Debating whether or not I should check out "28 Weeks Later", but I am kind of leaning against it if it got less positive reviews than this one.

Top Bottom