• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset swapping?

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
I've seen codes for moveset swapping by a player pressing a button on the D-pad, but is it possible to make a code for example, make Game and Watch always have Metwo's moves?

Alternatively, does anyone know which files I need to replace to make one character have another character's moveset?

EDIT:
It looks like the animations are stored in PlXXAj.dat, I tried swapping the files names but that did not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
What was the result when you swapped the file names? I believe you have to swap the animations and hitboxes manually and separately, not sure though.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Swapping animations between characters is not possible at the moment. By not possible I mean no one knows the format of code or how to do so.

Peter_Paladin

Smash Rookie
It seems like what you want to do is like pikadorf, yeah? If so, and you have access to an iso if the game (if you can rip it from your disk, basically) than it's very simple. Just downloaded WiiScrubber, find the "Fighter" folder , go to the folder of Metow find the (I believe) FitMotionEct.pac, export it, find the Game&Watch folder, and replace the FitMotionEct.pac of G&W with Metow's. I recommend backing up the iso, just in case.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
It seems like what you want to do is like pikadorf, yeah? If so, and you have access to an iso if the game (if you can rip it from your disk, basically) than it's very simple. Just downloaded WiiScrubber, find the "Fighter" folder , go to the folder of Metow find the (I believe) FitMotionEct.pac, export it, find the Game&Watch folder, and replace the FitMotionEct.pac of G&W with Metow's. I recommend backing up the iso, just in case.
You're talking about Brawl, not Melee, or maybe you think Melee's files look like Brawl's, which is not the case. Swapping files like that won't get you any good results, most likely a crash upon loading a stage with the edited character. Now that we're in 2019, we're actually able to do moveset swaps manually, which is slower than using a code to do moveset swaps for every move, but at least the game won't crash.

Top Bottom