• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset speculation

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
So it's random... Seems to have enough where you'll have something to use. I'd perfer the 4x4 specials, even though we have over 16 now. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

BigBoyTheFirst

Smash Rookie
I checked the video, and I noticed Sizz (ギラ), Bang (イオ) and Whack (ザキ) among the spells. Bang, along Sizzle, is used during the fight vs the CPU.
Wait
There's Whack as well as Thwack?
I wonder how the properties are different
Possibly its a smaller hitbox and faster but is even less likely to kill?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I love how Kaboom was basically a DBZ exploding energy blast. I love this character so much! I won't play any other character ever again.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Well, after it's all said and done I think I pretty well nailed it in the speculations. Figured there'd be charging mech like Robin with a random menu select sort of like Shulk. Just got neutral special and down special mixed up. My leveling up idea didn't make it but that was just for the menu anyways, so aside from that I'd say I was pretty spot on. Very interested in this guy.

Just watched the presentation, it was great! Pretty happy with what was shown of Hero's moveset, can't wait to try it out later. The way his specials work is simpler than many of us initially thought. Also MP doesn't seem to be a big problem, that's cool.

I particularly liked Woosh, it seems like a fairly good recovery move as well as a good edgeguarding tool. It may also be a potential combo starter on stage depending if you can act out of it or not.

Also the critical hit mechanic is genius, opponents will constantly have to respect Hero's smash attacks (considering that any smash attack could potentially be a crit.). Actually, same thing with his wide arsenal of spells (even if RNG is involved), it will really keep opponent on their toes imo.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just watched the presentation, it was great! Pretty happy with what was shown of Hero's moveset, can't wait to try it out later. The way his specials work is simpler than many of us initially thought. Also MP doesn't seem to be a big problem, that's cool.

I particularly liked Woosh, it seems like a fairly good recovery move as well as a good edgeguarding tool. It may also be a potential combo starter on stage depending if you can act out of it or not.

Also the critical hit mechanic is genius, opponents will constantly have to respect Hero's smash attacks (considering that any smash attack could potentially be a crit.). Actually, same thing with his wide arsenal of spells (even if RNG is involved), it will really keep opponent on their toes imo.
I'm glad that uncharged woosh only uses around 4 mp, so in most cases we'll be able to recover with it.

I wish I could say i like the critical hits, but for the competitive side it's just going to be an added salt-filled subject, and I would've liked if it was just aesthetic and didn't do that much more dmg and knockback. I think casually it's pretty fun tho.

I wish I could say i like the critical hits, but for the competitive side it's just going to be an added salt-filled subject, and I would've liked if it was just aesthetic and didn't do that much more dmg and knockback. I think casually it's pretty fun tho.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I think people might make a big deal out of it, treating it like a game breaking mechanic, totally omitting the fact that RNG based effects have always been in the game (E.g Moves like Kirby's down-tilt or Ryu's Hadouken, to name a few, have a chance to make opponents trip, exposing them to a lot of follow-up possibilities, potentially a killmove).

But yeah... sometimes people are just looking to create salt out of thin air.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, maybe you're right. I think people might make a big deal out of it, treating it like a game breaking mechanic, totally omitting the fact that RNG based effects have always been in the game (E.g Moves like Kirby's down-tilt or Ryu's Hadouken, to name a few, have a chance to make opponents trip, exposing them to a lot of follow-up possibilities, potentially a killmove).

But yeah... sometimes people are just looking to create salt out of thin air.
It's already getting pretty bad in some places on the internet. I really hope people actually try playing someone good with the character before whining about all the rng. Which is way more than any of the other characters. I think the character could've been really fine and fun without the crits. I think it'll be the first thing to be nerfed :p

But I'll try to ignore that side (and the people), and just enjoy the character and see what we can do with them. There's lots to toy around with.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait
There's Whack as well as Thwack?
I wonder how the properties are different
Possibly its a smaller hitbox and faster but is even less likely to kill?
I'd say it's smaller and maybe less likely to kill, too. Wait & see!

Regarding critical hits... It's true that they are insane (40% on uncharged Up-Smash). But on the other hand, I don't see a smash spam being viable with the Hero in competitive play.

It will be jank and bring some salt, but I don't think it will have a big impact.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The biggest jank is snooze. We saw that it can get someone in the air.
You can snooze someone and then use whack or twhack on them, or try for a smash to get a critical hit.

Also one concern with snooze i wonder about is if you hit someone offstage with it. Do they just die from falling?
-I think maybe they'd make it that if you fall for a second or two then you can snap out of it, hopefully.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh yeah, Snooze will be the salt machine, considering you'll have to shield it. Followed by Thwack, Hatchet Man, Kamikaze... There's so much potential, especially if you add Psyche Up.

And yeah, I wonder too about offstage snooze. Hope you can snape out of it.

Now that I think about it, despite Bounce... I feel that Villager and Isabelle have the potential to be a nightmare for the heroes. If you can pocket things such as Kaboom, Sizzle of Kafrizz, they'll be devasting. And Snooze too. I wonder if you'll be able to pocket the Up-B too.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Magic burst is super salt filled. Nothing like enveloping the entire hemisphere with a wall of pain... Still lots of fun though.

Top Bottom