• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset speculation

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Have you really played Shulk? Quick menu or not, that is a lot to keep up with if there's only a few options. Turn it into a thing you do for every special and the character becomes unplayable.

I'm pretty certain the menu only appears with one specific command and then the alternative spells are unleashed from the menu only. The one menu list we saw didn't even seem to have the same type of specials. There was a combination of up, down, neutral, and side special variants. This doesn't explain the way they are "upgraded" but there's no way the developers would give you the ability to kamikazee rapidly. I'm willing to bet that the options change according to chance and that the list changes either every stock after using each one.
It's not that bad once you get used to it. Someone can get quick with it. And the thing is, if you look at the menu they did show off, the first option was sizzle (fire move). It's likely that the first options are the ones that would be used more often. Possibly just one quick tap of b will do those.

The one we saw makes sense for neutral b. We cant be sure how they did it for the other specials yet, but we know that there are at least 10+ different spells, and both Woosh and Zoom can act as recoveries, and many other spells shown werent in the menu they did show.

I think kamikazee is probably the third option in the down b options, because that's the one that could take 2 direction presses to get to. I could see it being something else tho, since it probably ends your own stock, it could be possible to cancel it too or something.

I dont think it'll be how you thought, but i do thinnk it could be different than we think too ;)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think the same move can slightly differ in animation, bare in mind Robin has 2 up smashes. I think its also why most of the moves are seen as basic sword swipes, because they can be powered up to be unique. Also heres Kacrackle Slash having the shield pop back on after the animation, which gives it credit to it being an alternate f tilt. You'll have to watch the trailer because smashboards wont let me add images for some reason but it happens in literally 1 frame.
How does the shield coming back give it more credit? He is always holding his shield so it has to come back on, if anything I'd say it gives it much less credit because they went out of their way to change an animation that in no way needed changing.

I can't think of literally anyone in smash who has SLIGHTLY different animations for different moves which is why I think this. Up smash seems rather basic in its base form, but if it has the potential to literally shoot out thunder then that would explain why its a thrust upward, with up tilt being an arc above them. I know it seems strange to have a mechanic thats not even really in DQ but having a mechanic based on a description of a move from DQ, to make it more interesting than a one and done ice slash move FEELS like Sakurai. If you told me the character was gonna have Oomph AND Psyche Up I wouldn't believe it but we know they do.
The biggest problem with this theory is that this would mean they made 3 different animations for each attack in The Hero's kit and decided to change very minimal things such as Hero no longer holding his shield, his knee being bent, his head looking upwards, his wrist/hand being in a different angle (all of these are differences between the Zap picture and the Up-Smash). While doing so for one move might take only a few hours if you go through all of his normals this is days of work for something that is almost unnoticeable and is definitely completely unneeded.

Whereas, if it's just that Upwards Zap (or maybe level 3 Zap?) is just a slightly modified U-Smash, it comes off as completely the opposite, they saved tons of hours by not making a new animation and just very slightly altered an existing one until it was possible to tell that they are different and then called it a day (Same with Kacrackle Slash).

In my experience normally the theory which saves days of work for a benefit is more probable than the one that adds days of work for no change at all.

All of this said it is not impossible that you are right, it could be that Hero is able to enhance his normals with elements, but that is also giving this character way more mechanics than he needs.

He already has: MP management. 16 specials to remember. Menu navigation. Charged Moves that change their behavior depending on charge level (Think of Thoron as opposed to Charge Shot). Timed Stat Boosts.

I feel like having the ability to also change his normals behaviors might be overkill, although I would LOVE it if it was true. The more complex this char, the more I will like him tbh.

Have you really played Shulk? Quick menu or not, that is a lot to keep up with if there's only a few options. Turn it into a thing you do for every special and the character becomes unplayable.

I'm pretty certain the menu only appears with one specific command and then the alternative spells are unleashed from the menu only. The one menu list we saw didn't even seem to have the same type of specials. There was a combination of up, down, neutral, and side special variants. This doesn't explain the way they are "upgraded" but there's no way the developers would give you the ability to kamikazee rapidly. I'm willing to bet that the options change according to chance and that the list changes either every stock after using each one.
Actually your idea would literally make him impossible to play.

Imagine playing Shulk but instead of 5 auras, he had 10, 5 and 5. You might be overwhelmed at the beginning but after a while you know exactly where each one is and the button combination to get it, now it’s all about muscle memory and technical prowress.

Now imagine instead of using 2 buttons 5/5 each, they do 1 button but you get 3 at random whenever you press the button. Might seem “easier” if you give it no real thought, but whenever you get into a situation where you want to change to an aura you will now have to activate the dial and then manually check which auras are available to you. Not only that but once you know which ones you have, each one of those will have a completely new inputs, so you will always have to recognize the input before inputting it.

The worst part is that you will never be able to use an aura when you actually need it as you don’t know if it’s available or not and taking your time just to check will most of the time eliminate the opening you had.

Add to that the fact that even if you guessed that it was available casting it will now take much longer as you need to recognize it’s available and then afterwards recognize which input it is and then only afterwards are you actually able to activate it.

It makes Shulk 1,000 times harder to play than just having 5 auras on 2 buttons.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
How does the shield coming back give it more credit? He is always holding his shield so it has to come back on, if anything I'd say it gives it much less credit because they went out of their way to change an animation that in no way needed changing.
It gives it credit because its the same animation as f tilts slash but done without the shield, but the shield part of the animation is still clearly there, they don't re-equip the shield naturally like they do on some attacks. I assume this would happen to up smash as well as that attack is done while holding the shield but the thunder one isn't. It wouldn't be a TON of work to make elemental based attacks as its just doing them without the shield equiped, with some slight adjustments to the body like looking up on thunder up smash, they're still holding the fist out for the shield on the attack as well.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It gives it credit because its the same animation as f tilts slash but done without the shield, but the shield part of the animation is still clearly there, they don't re-equip the shield naturally like they do on some attacks. I assume this would happen to up smash as well as that attack is done while holding the shield but the thunder one isn't. It wouldn't be a TON of work to make elemental based attacks as its just doing them without the shield equiped, with some slight adjustments to the body like looking up on thunder up smash, they're still holding the fist out for the shield on the attack as well.
I mean if they just reused animations you would have the same effect of him having his arm there with no shield so it is a neutral point I would say.

Also the endlag animation of Kacrackle Slash is slightly different in that 11 stands up faster so that he can pick up his shield from his back.

You might think it’s slight changes but all of these require reviews and approvals and even small touches require polish. 12 Sword normals, 3 elements and possible endlag changes to some moves, it adds up. Plus at the end of the trailer where 11 and Erdrick fight Snake and Ganon, Erdrick Zaps Snake and the Sword has no hitbox, so Hero would also have to have the option to either release the projectile immediately or store it as a weapon upgrade.

I mean I am all for Hero having 39 different ways of performing 1 special move (3 levels, 12 sword normals) but it also seems a bit of overkill specially since he already has 16 specials.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean if they just reused animations you would have the same effect of him having his arm there with no shield so it is a neutral point I would say.

Also the endlag animation of Kacrackle Slash is slightly different in that 11 stands up faster so that he can pick up his shield from his back.

You might think it’s slight changes but all of these require reviews and approvals and even small touches require polish. 12 Sword normals, 3 elements and possible endlag changes to some moves, it adds up. Plus at the end of the trailer where 11 and Erdrick fight Snake and Ganon, Erdrick Zaps Snake and the Sword has no hitbox, so Hero would also have to have the option to either release the projectile immediately or store it as a weapon upgrade.

I mean I am all for Hero having 39 different ways of performing 1 special move (3 levels, 12 normal) but it also seems a bit of overkill specially since he already has 16 specials.
We're not sure it's 16 yet. There could be only 3 options (each) for the other specials or it could be a bit different than we have in mind.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I think its more unlikely for 4 types of Up B's, there isn't a whole lot they can do after Woosh and Zoom, ones an attacking recovery that probably uses little MP when uncharged and I imagine Zoom is amazing distance but high MP use (ironic for zoom normal MP use).
It doesn't matter if the animation is slightly different, though it isn't, he doesn't equip shield on in animation he just stands up faster from it. We've seen robin who changes up smash entirely so the endlag being better on enhanced f tilt isn't anything too shocking. It probably would be faster overall because I imagine it wouldn't have the shield bash part at the start, as the currently seen elemental attacks have no shield equipped.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think its more unlikely for 4 types of Up B's, there isn't a whole lot they can do after Woosh and Zoom, ones an attacking recovery that probably uses little MP when uncharged and I imagine Zoom is amazing distance but high MP use (ironic for zoom normal MP use).

It doesn't matter if the animation is slightly different, though it isn't, he doesn't equip shield on in animation he just stands up faster from it. We've seen robin who changes up smash entirely so the endlag being better on enhanced f tilt isn't anything too shocking. It probably would be faster overall because I imagine it wouldn't have the shield bash part at the start, as the currently seen elemental attacks have no shield equipped.

1 animation is not the same as 12-36 (depending on whether each element gets it's own tweeks), although IDK if Robin changes all her other normals as well, so if she does then there's precedent.

Mostly it seems like a lot of work that isn't really needed, in Robin's case her animation change was needed as she has a completely different U-Smash and having the original animation doesn't make sense with what was going on in the attack. In this case the original animation would have made perfect sense but they are changing it for no real reason, just because, which to me seems unlikely, specially when you take into account to the number of animations that they are changing.

It's not impossible that it is a thing, but it just makes me doubt it. Specially because this char already has like 1000 other things going on and being able to get access to effectively 36 other moves (albeit alterations of 12 moves he already has) seems like a plethora of stuff to put on 1 character. I guess PT is the only precedent we have for something of that scale, so there is some precedent to having an absurd amount of moves.

BigBoyTheFirst

Smash Rookie
Quick thought. I've been trying to wrap my mind around a few things, and I think I have a theory now. Some of the specials look to either have charge elements or take extra time to cast the spell for. If choosing a spell locks you in to a really long casting animation wouldn't that greatly hinder the fighter? Also, if it does, how much sense does it make to release such a weak DLC concept that players would need incentive to pay for?

I don't think the menu appears for every special. That would make him overly cumbersome because you would either press any special and then have to select the move to use or you would have to hold the special button to access the menu instead. That just doesn't make sense. So, here's my hypothesis.

The menu is opened only by pressing neutral special and then choosing a spell from a rotational list. All other specials have a standard move only. For instance, uSpc will always give the one with tornados (which is charged like diddy), side special gives the Fire one (also chargeable), down special is the standard shield stance (mp charge similar to joker). Furthermore, the spells that boost attacks likely just add a special effect to certain non-special attacks.

Thoughts?
I think there's two main problems with this, though its definitely a theory to keep in mind.

Firstly, if you look back at the trailer you'll notice that certain specials you see being casted have that thinking animation. I would think this just be for neutral special (let's say neutral special is the menu we see) but you see The Hero think before casting Zoom and Bounce, spells that weren't on the menu we saw AND moves I would doubt apply to the same special move (Zoom very much being a recovery and Bounce being more like a Down B).

Secondly, I think it would be way too cumbersome to have to cycle through such a large list of special moves at hand. 5 Monado arts is enough for Shulk, so over 10 spells on one dial? Way too much. But that idea might be on the right track?

I'm going to predict this theory down the middle. The hero has the first Up B we saw (swoosh), The charged fireball as Side B (Frizz) and potentially something else as Neutral B/Down B.
That would leave room for a single menu on one special move and that there's some sort of condition that has to be met in order to access certain new abilities.
It's real hard to say just from the trailer and screenshots tbh.

I still believe my first theory of every special move having a menu, but this second theory might be worth considering/reworking.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think there's two main problems with this, though its definitely a theory to keep in mind.

Firstly, if you look back at the trailer you'll notice that certain specials you see being casted have that thinking animation. I would think this just be for neutral special (let's say neutral special is the menu we see) but you see The Hero think before casting Zoom and Bounce, spells that weren't on the menu we saw AND moves I would doubt apply to the same special move (Zoom very much being a recovery and Bounce being more like a Down B).

Secondly, I think it would be way too cumbersome to have to cycle through such a large list of special moves at hand. 5 Monado arts is enough for Shulk, so over 10 spells on one dial? Way too much. But that idea might be on the right track?

I'm going to predict this theory down the middle. The hero has the first Up B we saw (swoosh), The charged fireball as Side B (Frizz) and potentially something else as Neutral B/Down B.
That would leave room for a single menu on one special move and that there's some sort of condition that has to be met in order to access certain new abilities.

I still believe my first theory of every special move having a menu, but this second theory might be worth considering/reworking.
You mean, by levelling up? I kind of wonder if there's a critical hit mechanic on at the very least fsmash, because it seems to make the same noise as the crit-specialized Killing Edge item.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
My initial guess was that the menu was accessed the same way Inkling could recharge ink: a Shield Special. There's where it'd make sense: it'd be kind of... bizarre to have it eat your up special when you need to recover, and assuming there's a default move for every type, it would have to be that or a taunt or some other unknown command to not obstruct it.

I went and re-watched the trailer, and unless Erdrick was finishing up a spot-dodge and buffered it, that doesn't seem to be the case. I really wonder how you'll bring up the menu?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace

I actually like this thought more. One special has a menu that utilizes a few spells. Maybe hold down the special will bring up the menu while tapping the button will use it.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

I think you are theorizing about the same as I am, I just struggled to explain it well. In the video, there were certain specials that were clearly used without a thinking animation (the one's I assume are true up/side/down-special) and there are specials that either clearly followed the thinking animation or were only shown from the moment the spell had started (the one's I assume belong to the menu). Another thing was that each of the specials that didn't seem to need the thinking animation also looked like they could be charged. After watching the video again, I think that the menu could be down special, while neutral and side would probably be the fire and electric spells you see him use instantly in-game.

I don't have any information from the developers to tell me how the fighters work, but if I had to guess how so many spells end up in there, I'd have to assume that mp is limited throughout a stock or life and that as you use a spell it is taken out of the list and replaced by its next level. For instance, the bounce spell may be replaced by the steel one (don't remember the name right now) which would then be replaced by kamikazee. My guess is that the three of them are worth 100 mp all together so it's the only way to unlock kamikazee and thus the only three unique spells that can be used in a given stock if you want to use it. kamikazee is a bit of a game changer, so I don't see it being a freely used special.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Spells will very very likely not be moved or replaced. It would confuse too many people and it needs to be done so that people can use them on the fly without going over them over and over to learn what's there or the order, etc.

There's no leveling system, even though I've talked about how cool it'd be and it could introduce new spells, but I definitely dont think it would ever replace some. The only case that I'd see that happen is if it's purely an upgraded version in the same spot.

Last edited:

BigBoyTheFirst

Smash Rookie
You mean, by levelling up? I kind of wonder if there's a critical hit mechanic on at the very least fsmash, because it seems to make the same noise as the crit-specialized Killing Edge item.
I suppose this would be the most accurate way of portraying this theory, though I would think something like that would have a clear indicator by hero's icon, so perhaps not?
Its just a secondary theory I came up with in the case that not every special move has a menu, which especially might be true since there is no thinking animation shown for frizz on startup, unlike some other special moves shown.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They also totally cut out the start of kacrackle slash, so we can't know at all if it's based on a menu or a transformed smash attack or anything

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I feel like they kinda have to have a menu for the moves or else it'll be unknown how much MP a move is gonna cost which I imagine is vital info to have at all times. Maybe you can SET a move after thinking, so its ready to be used without thinking the next time, this could be done by setting the move on the menu by scrolling to it and canceling it, then maybe a smash input next time?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I feel like they kinda have to have a menu for the moves or else it'll be unknown how much MP a move is gonna cost which I imagine is vital info to have at all times. Maybe you can SET a move after thinking, so its ready to be used without thinking the next time, this could be done by setting the move on the menu by scrolling to it and canceling it, then maybe a smash input next time?
That could be it, actually.

I wonder what Frizz and Kafrzz will be like. I have a hunch that they're not part of a menu. Hopefully his video will be up soon, to answer all of these questions.
I'm betting that those who are still on the fence about this character, will finally see how awesome he is once everything is explained. (Those that hate him now, will probably keep on hating, or will at least turn to indifference).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bounce definitely had the 'thinking' animation going before it went off. And right before Eight uses zoom the animation changes for a bit and could be that as well.
I think it makes sense that there's menus for all spells. Hard to tell much more..

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Neutral B could be Frizz since it was the first they shown off and it fits being fairly basic, Neutral B couldn't be smash input so if my idea is correct it would need to be menuless.

Unrelated but the way the final smash ends and is aimed at the camera, do you think it could be a reference to Dragon Quest Swords Master Strokes? Neat obscure reference if so.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Menu will probably be opened by holding the input, charging is probably just like Samus or Mewtwo's projectiles, tap once to charge, twice to release.

Frizz is probably a Side-B as it makes sense that the self buffs are assigned to Neutral B (So the menu that was shown is Neutral B). Plus Frizz, Zap and Kacrackle all make sense as a Side-Bs.

We saw a picture with The Hero at 93 MP and another of him at 84 MP right after using Frizz. So there must be other spells with MP costs that we haven't seen and like was said in this thread, they probably need to show you how much MP you are about to use, so those spells would need to be in a Menu as well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not every direction may have four specials. Up B for example, may well only have Zoom and Kaswoosh as options with the info we have currently.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not every direction may have four specials. Up B for example, may well only have Zoom and Kaswoosh as options with the info we have currently.
I think they might have 3 options. Zapple or something like that shooting upwards in one of the pictures they showed. And then something that looks like heal for another. (up b and down b maybe)

That's just my guess right now, but i also feel like we're missing a good piece of info to put it all together.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mostly the 4 per direction is for consistency's sake. It's not a given but it's more probably than just having 2.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It could totally be 4 each, but I think it might be only 4 for neutral b since it's easier to navigate there, than pressing a directional b and then pressing more directions. Here's how I think of it if it's 3 each for the rest.

Neutral-B -> Sizzle, Psyche Up, Oomph, Snooze
Side-B -> Zap, Frizz (chargeable?), Kacrackle Slash
Down-B -> Kaclang, Bounce [edit], Kamikazee, (+Heal maybe?)
Up-B -> Swoosh, Zoom, Zapple

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It could totally be 4 each, but I think it might be only 4 for neutral b since it's easier to navigate there, than pressing a directional b and then pressing more directions. Here's how I think of it if it's 3 each for the rest.

Neutral-B -> Sizzle, Psyche Up, Oomph, Snooze
Side-B -> Zap, Frizz (chargeable?), Kacrackle Slash
Down-B -> Kaclang, Heal, Kamikazee
Up-B -> Swoosh, Zoom, Zapple
Zap and Swoosh are also chargeable. In the trailer he does both a Zap level 1 and a Zap level 2. Swoosh is algo "Bagima", the level 2 (Woosh is probably the level 1) plus you can see the circles (which denote charge level) more than half-way completed, meaning it's going to cast the level 2 version of the spell.

You also forgot Bounce.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Zap and Swoosh are also chargeable. In the trailer he does both a Zap level 1 and a Zap level 2. Swoosh is algo "Bagima", the level 2 (Woosh is probably the level 1) plus you can see the circles (which denote charge level) more than half-way completed, meaning it's going to cast the level 2 version of the spell.

You also forgot Bounce.
I wonder what makes it charge. Maybe a tension level, maybe some other system. Yeah I can see why people could theorize that there's more going on.

And you're right, bounce would make sense for down b. If it's true that there really is heal there, then that could mean each has 4. I dunno if up b would have 4, but anyway I could see there being another kind of slash on side b as well.

Unless slashes work in some other way, of course.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We could have Dragon Slash for recovery. It’s meabt to slay dragons so it should be a rising slash.

Also, Evac? I like the idea of it being a horizontal Zoom. Or maybe it could work like pika’s Quick Attack minus the damaging.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wanted to see if there were any longer gifs for the moves. found this one:
(I think it's missing zap tho)

only found a lower quality gif for the other part:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering is that psych up in the middle of bounce? I think basically equipping a Franklin badge and using psych up sounds op.No one else can move in their reflector why should hero?
I love DQ, but I really hope they don't make dlc needlessly op like smash 4.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm wondering is that psych up in the middle of bounce? I think basically equipping a Franklin badge and using psych up sounds op.No one else can move in their reflector why should hero?
I love DQ, but I really hope they don't make dlc needlessly op like smash 4.
It uses mp so you can't use it all the time, plus we dont know how long it lasts.
It also doesnt work against close-range attacks.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
It uses mp so you can't use it all the time, plus we dont know how long it lasts.
It also doesnt work against close-range attacks.
Ok makes sense, I think it all really depends on how quickly does mp refill and how.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hope that it refills easily enough, but just the right balance so that peopl can use a large bunch spells for it to be fun, but not so that you can spam magic.
If it refills on sword attacks, then that's cool because it encourages a mixed battle style.

-

I was thinking about Oomph and Psyche up. And I think since they have both in there, Oomph might only increase damage dealt, not knockback. I'd be fine with if it does add knockback tho :)

Psyche up, if canon, would only work on the next attack (probably like incineroar it has to land). I think that one has more knockback for sure. Thinking that's the one we saw on the forward smash against incineroar in the trailer.

Last edited:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I expect if they try to stick close to canon, Psyche Up will be a knockback increase for the next attack used, and Oomph will be a temporary damage buff.

You know what the best part about DQ Hero being in Smash is? NO ONE HAS DISRUPTIVE WAVE! HERO OP!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I expect if they try to stick close to canon, Psyche Up will be a knockback increase for the next attack used, and Oomph will be a temporary damage buff.

You know what the best part about DQ Hero being in Smash is? NO ONE HAS DISRUPTIVE WAVE! HERO OP!
I would guess psyche up deals more damage too. I just wonder if it can be done multiple times like in the games. That would be crazy, like getting max tension.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I would guess psyche up deals more damage too. I just wonder if it can be done multiple times like in the games. That would be crazy, like getting max tension.
I like the idea of knock back and damage being separate to give more strategy, as in which to increase. I could see psych up doing both though.

So only sword moves or both?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like the idea of knock back and damage being separate to give more strategy, as in which to increase. I could see psych up doing both though.

So only sword moves or both?
Well psyche up only lasts for one move, so i think it wouldn't be 'just' for getting kos. I think there's good chances it has damage too, but it's more risky (to lose mp) than Oomph, which would last as a buff, dunno how long tho.

In the games, Oomph only affects physical attacks, but they can be skills too, while tension (psyche up) affects anything offensive, including spells. I dont know if they'll do that or elevates a spell, but it could, while oomph would only affect sword moves (maybe slashes would count).
It does make me wonder about if tension affects spells or not for smash.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling maybe Oomph and Psyche up work more in line with shulks smash and buster arts in that one is for damage, one is for knockback, than their actual ingame use, don't see them giving the hero straight up 2 buff moves that both give damage/knockback upgrade. I would hope they're like DQ's though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have a feeling maybe Oomph and Psyche up work more in line with shulks smash and buster arts in that one is for damage, one is for knockback, than their actual ingame use, don't see them giving the hero straight up 2 buff moves that both give damage/knockback upgrade. I would hope they're like DQ's though.
Yup that's possible. I lean towards how it works in DQ tho.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Considering it cost MP (17MP for Psyche Up and 18MP for Oomph), I don't see why buffs are a problem. Wii Fit have a straight buff of damage, resistance and speed that heal her slightly, and the cost is only making it's activation slower for a period of time (and doing it properly I guess).

If you can stack Psyche Up buffs, it will be at the cost of more MP, and therefore using other moves for a period of time. Everything will depend on how MP regenerate!

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
So on the website there's a picture of hero doing a kick animation similar to snake fair, I feel like it may be a copy paste of snake fair, but DQ heroes are known for hand to hand combat much.

Top Bottom