• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Remakes

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
We already know that not too many characters are getting any revamps to their moves. I believe Ganondorf's new smashes and a few of Wolf's normals are the only characters who have had more than one move changed on them. I personally think many characters need updated or revamped movesets, and I think the next Smash is probably going to be a reboot so I hope that wish comes through. What characters do you think need updates? What would you change about them?

Personally, I'm peeved that the strongest Psychic type attack that Mewtwo has is Confusion, one of the weakest psychic moves in Pokemon! Why doesn't he have Psychic? That's one of the only moves he even learns in Gen 1! Also, the FE characters need to use their other weapons, a moveset with a sword and a lance together would be awesome.

Quillion

Smash Hero
No way in hell; changing the movesets of characters is unethical because it just makes the majority of people mad since they want to keep playing as the characters they have gotten used to.

Hell, I'm already mad about Bowser being changed in Smash 4 and Link being changed for Ultimate.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No way in hell; changing the movesets of characters is unethical because it just makes the majority of people mad since they want to keep playing as the characters they have gotten used to.

Hell, I'm already mad about Bowser being changed in Smash 4 and Link being changed for Ultimate.
On the flip side, Link in Brawl needed changes. He was awful. And we have three flavors of Link; they really should be differentiated more. Link uses more than just bombs, boomerangs and arrows in his many, many games.

Quillion

Smash Hero
On the flip side, Link in Brawl needed changes. He was awful. And we have three flavors of Link; they really should be differentiated more. Link uses more than just bombs, boomerangs and arrows in his many, many games.
Link needed changes, but not to the level of completely changing his animations

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
This is a good reason for echo fighters, imo. Keep the originals then give the echoes some new tools to experiment. Of course there are unique cases like the oft-quoted idea of Black Shadow as a Falcon Echo, creating room for Ganondorf to use magic, etc.

Just posted elsewhere about the sad state of Samus's wholly un-Metroidy moveset, too. As a Metroid purist, I'd revamp Samus's neutrals entirely with the new projectile tools given to Megaman, Mii Gunner, etc. to fully rep her arsenal, and just give her existing neutrals to ZSS. Just peeves me that the far-from iconic ZSS is more powerful than her suited self.

Though that would of course cause a lot of drama unless ZSS's tools were then put on someone else... Impa? Who knows.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

I don't think it's unethical. Oftentimes ethical choices make people mad. In fact, it would be horrifying if everything that made people - even the majority of people - mad were unethical.

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Dark Pit should be decloned. Give him claws for his tilts, give him a club for his smash attacks and Staff neutral special. Maybe his side B could be a command grab with the palms? His aerials could use the staff. Maybe even make his neutral special a projectile.

Pichu could also be improved. Maybe his specials could use the Ulkele he uses in Guardian Signs. His neutral special could be a strum and an aoe attack goes off. Side B could be a music note projectile. Up special could be the same but have a music note show what direction you are going, "let the music guide you". His down special would be the same concept, but if the down special hits you it energizes you and you do a big strum of the ukelele similar to but more powerful than neutral b.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm PISSED as Absolute Zero (coldest possible temperature) that Sakurai doesn't care about the Wario Land series and Wario himself should've a moveset to represent the Land games and in Eternity, (my pretend 6th game) Wario's moveset is entirety changed to represent the games and here's the moveset for our macho treasure hunter... WARIO!!!: (forgot smash attacks)

Stage Entrance: Runs in with a large money bag and throws it away

Specials:
Neutral-Bomb
Side-Shoulder Charge
Up-Super Jump
Down-Earthshake Punch

Grabs:
Pummel-Shake
Forwards-Mega Toss
Backwards-Wild Swing Ding
Up-Dragon Helmet
Down-Piledriver
Dash Attack-Bull Helmet

Aerials:
Neutral-Puffy
Up-Spring
Down-Fat
Forwards-Jet
Backwards-Fire
Ledge Attack-Zombie
Crawl/Crouch-Flat (floats down if he's in the air)

Final Smash:
The Wario Car (Wario drives around the stage running over opponents)

Taunts:
Up-Flips a coin
Down-Flexes his muscles
Side-Says "Have a rotten day!"

Idle Animations:
1-Says "Come on! Pick it up and play!"
2-Weightlifting
3-Skipping rope
4-Dumbbells

Victory Poses:
1-Gives thumbs up and winks
2-The one from WL4
3-The one he does after defeating a boss in Shake It!
4-Does donuts in his car

Walking: From WL3

Running: The Wheel 'o' feet from Shake It!

Star O.K: Screams "D'OH! I MISSED!

Note: Wario's default costume is the iconic overalls with the explorer hat from Wario Land 1

Top Bottom