Movement for more backroom members

Sorry, I totally thought that Frogles was already in the backroom. When asianaussie said "Does Frogles have any interest in this," I thought he was asking what Frogles thought of that list. Man, I'm out of it. Frogles is definitely good enough to be in here.

I've played Mahie a decent amount. He does some things way better than most people, but overall I don't think he's good enough (please don't tell him I said that, he's a really cool guy and all). He is pretty good at explaining his thought processes though. I mean he's good for sure, but I feel it's a bit of a stretch to call him excellent. It's all relative though.

I'm not saying that people should be at my level. Sometimes it's really hard to determine who's better. When I said "except for some extreme cases," I think "extreme" is maybe too strong of a word. I have no idea how good you are, asianaussie, but based on your posts, I was satisfied when I heard you were selected as a leader for the BR.

ballin4life: Based solely on our online matches, I would say you aren't good enough. However, I've noticed a significant difference in your playing ability in console videos vs. our online matches... a difference that most people don't have. Your console skill seems to be a lot higher than your online skill, and your combo videos add to that, so I definitely think you should be in here.

Ugh now I probably sound condescending and narcissistic.

@ A$: You haven't really given a reason not to admit Mahie. Being able to explain thought processes is an enormous plus, especially for those who have to collate discussion (see: me). What sort of delay did you play him at?

Just to clear things up now, I'm probably around Surri's level, but my techskill is weak and I pride myself on actively reading my opponent, which is why I can beat people who are definitely better than me in low delay. Play me enough and you'll basically always beat me if you think, because I get predictable and sometimes take poor risks.

This isn't a forum for overwhelmingly good smashers, or the member list would be overwhelmingly exclusive. It's for those who know enough about the game to facilitate high level discussion.

I'm going to get rid of the 'yearly schedule' in the doctrine, because I can afford to maintain a more active 'in the near future'-type schedule at this point in time. We can't look that far ahead anyway, given we don't really have the manpower to do stuff.

Mahie seems even less active than s2j.
Peek and Kuz, I have no objections to.
Does Frogles have any interest in this
What about MarioReincarnate, Tambor, ciaza and Blue Yoshi?
I would mention BHLMRO but he appears to have stopped posting on 64 altogether.
Except for extreme exceptions, I feel that there should be a minimum skill requirement to be able to join the backroom, and I don't really feel like any of the people asianaussie mentioned meet that requirement.
I think it would be kind of hypocritical to put something like this in place now, though.

Kuz and peek are at least on Koro's level, if not better. Mahie is better than King Funk and dandan, and I heard he goes evenish with some A-tier players from the US. Frogles goes without saying. MarioReincarnate is about Surri's level but I don't think he's active enough. Tambor got second to DannySSB in that Chilean tournament so he's at least good for his region, and he seems pretty knowledgeable due to his TAS skills (and being good at making training mode combos doesn't hurt). IDK how good ciaza is but I think he's a pretty good poster. Blue Yoshi shouldn't be in the backroom.

Ugh now I probably sound condescending and narcissistic.
Well, I at least like your honesty.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm going to get rid of the 'yearly schedule' in the doctrine, because I can afford to maintain a more active 'in the near future'-type schedule at this point in time. We can't look that far ahead anyway, given we don't really have the manpower to do stuff.

I prefer a schedule to keep things organized in a better fashion.

The only reason this has become a problem is because it doesn't allow new members to be added at random.

And we can look that far ahead, we do have the "man power". We just need to actually FOLLOW the system the way it's suppose to be and we'd be fine.