• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move set theories for unrealistic characters

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
I’m bored and in class so why not? I’ve had some ideas on some characters

Goku
He isn’t making it but I thought it would be fun to start with him

I’m going to base my move set for him from DBFZ and one aspect of DB Sagas (you’ll see what I mean by that trust me)

Down B (Universal)
So Goku would start in his base form, down b would be chargeable and if you fill up a bar (that would deplete over time) you would transform into super saiyan, then if you charge it up again, you’d turn super saiyan blue kind of like how it works in Sagas (even if Sagas is a horrible game, I thought that would be fun)

Each version of Goku would have a different move set, however this would be the only universal move in terms of specials

Neutral B (Base)
A basic ki blast, works like Megaman’s pellets, nothing too special but kind of annoying

Neutral B (SSJ)
Kamehameha and it’s chargable, much like SSF2

Neutral B (Blue)
His command grab from DBFZ, now you may think “why go from his iconic move to some command grab?”

Well there’s good reason, pressure, imagine blocking some moves from Goku then suddenly command grab it scares you and wants to make you get out of there, and he can take advantage of it

Side B (Base)
It would be his shoulder charge in DBFZ (think falcon or Ganon dash attack but you can recover with it)

It will have 3 different distances that works like Fox’s or Falco’s recovery

Side B (SSJ)
I forget the name of the move, but you know when you use falcon side b in the air he hits you with a downward punch? Essentially that

Offstage this would spike you, on stage this would cause a tech chase situation, however if they block it, it’s super unsafe

Side B (Blue)
His instant transmission from DBFZ, this would be good block pressure cause if you’re in a certain area, you can choose which side of your opponent you’d show up on

If you side b to the left, you’ll be on their left, if you side b to the right, you’ll be on their right

The range would have to be pretty small though, cause recovery would be too easy... or maybe it should be cause you managed to work your way up to blue, here’s your reward

Up B (Base)
A basic teleport

Up B (SSJ)
Superdash, except you control it, much like Lucario’s up b

Up B (Blue)
I honestly couldn’t think of anything unique, so ig put Superdash here too

Fair (Universal)
His j.H that each Goku has in DBFZ would be his fair, it would spike the opponent

Up Air (Universal)
j.2H also used by each Goku, it will kill somewhat early but don’t rely on it

Bair (?)
I have no clue what to put here, I’d say maybe put something generic like a Fox bair or falcon bair, something like that

Dair (Base)
Basically Ridley’s dair but more powerful, will still probably suck as a move

Dair (SSJ)
I honestly have no idea I can find a move that would work that hasn’t been used already

Dair (Blue)
His dive kick, it would go diagonal, and would have to be a suicide move, and like every other dive kick in Smash, will probably suck

Jab (Universal)
Each autocombo from DBFZ that’s on the ground

Ftilt (Universal)
Each Goku’s standing medium in DBFZ

Dtilt (Universal)
They all have the same down medium in DBFZ

Utilt (Universal)
Something like a basic punch upward

Fsmash (Universal)
Standing heavy in DBFZ

Up Smash (Universal)
Down Heavy in DBFZ, will have front invul to replicate how it works in DBFZ

Down Smash (Base)
You know when Goku was fighting Jeice and Burtur? And when Goku essentially just pushed the air and both went flying? Use that

Yes I’m aware it’s in his autocombo, so make this smash a sort of counter like how it was originally used

Down Smash (SSJ)
Make it some sort of sweep like Ken or Ryu’s dsmash, cause I can’t think of anything

Down Smash (Blue)
Read SSJ

Closure
So again, this was just for fun, and something I was doing in my spare time

I’d love to see some ideas you guys have for other characters

D

Deleted member

one time i made a thanos moveset for no ****ing reason
Normals:

Jab: He extends his left arm forwards with his hand outstretched and than follows up with a right hook. Based off how he approached Steve in Wakanda.

Forward Tilt: He performs a collarbone strike with his right hand, similar to how he bopped Hulk

Up Tilt: He claps his hands together above him. His left hand starts from the bottom-left of him and his right from the bottom-right. Both arms have a hitbox on them.

Down Tilt: A quick low kick in front of him, based on how he kicked Strange.

Dash Attack: A quick purple blast appears in front of him, knocking enemies upwards. Similar to how he threw Steve away in Wakanda.

Forward Smash: All the stones on the Gauntlet glow as he delivers a devastating left-handed punch forwards. Afterwards, a small multicolored blast appears in front of his hand.

Up Smash: He raises his left hand directly above him. All the stones glow, and a multicolored blast shoots a decent distance directly above him.

Down Smash: All the stones glow, and he punches the ground with his left hand. Two multicolored blasts shoot up from the ground to his left and right.
Grabs & Throws:

Grab: He grabs the opponent with his right hand, choking them in front of them and holding his left hand to their head

Pummel: The Gauntlet glows a slight purple, using the Power Stone to cause damage to the enemy. Similar to how he tortured Thor and Nebula.

Forward Throw: He punches his opponent to the front using the Power Stone to cause a small blast, like how he hit Tony after grabbing him.

Back Throw: He puts the opponent behind him and twirls around, backhanding them with his left hand.

Up Throw: He double hand punches his opponent upwards.

Down Throw: He slams his opponent into the ground, similar to how he slammed Peter on Titan.
Aerials:

Forward Air: He puts his hands together and slams them forwards, dunking the opponent as hard as he can

Back Air: A painful Gauntlet backhand. It’s slow on startup but a very solid kill move.

Up Air: A quick Power Stone blast above him, similar to Zelda’s Up Air.

Down Air: A stall-and-fall, he lingers in the air for a moment before slamming down full force on his opponent gauntlet first. A devastating attack to anyone. It spikes too, just for the disrespect and suicide kills.
Specials:

Neutral Special:
Time Stone: Janky as ****, basically he does the timey-wimey thing he did to Vision, gesture and all. If an opponent is hit by the attack they revert back to where they were some time ago. I don’t know how much time: a half second, full second? Maybe 2 seconds? I have no clue but it’s gotta have a lot of endlag.

Side Special:
Space Stone Absorption: The Space Stone glows blue, and Thanos absorbs all items or projectiles near him and throws them all combined back at the enemy. Each attack he absorbs has an increase in power from its base from when it was thrown at him. Based on multiple attacks he used on Titan.

Up Special:
Space Stone Teleport: It’s a goddamn teleport. Based on him, well, teleporting

Down Special:
Reality Stone: The stone glows red, and he raises his fist up. Any attack that hits him while he’s in this state will cause him to crumple and for the opponent to be stuck in their attack animation, only for him to suddenly appear behind them and punch them. The strength of his attack depends on the strength of the enemies attack. Based on how he bamboozled Gamora on Knowhere.

In other words, it’s a counter.

In other words, he’s a goddamn Marth clone.

Final Smash:
Decimation: he does the thing

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jab combo: PPK into Gum-Gum Gatling, a rapid punch move.

Side tilt: stretched kick that goes a fair distance.

Up tilt: quick overhead swipe. Good anti-air for all directions.

Down tilt: sweep kick. Good for footsies.

Side Smash: Gum-Gum Bazooka. The longer you charge, the farther Luffy’s arms stretch. Impact is greatest when the opponent is close to Luffy. Can be angled.

Up Smash: Gum-Gum Battle Axe. Luffy’s foot is launched upwards a great distance before slamming down into the ground.

Down Smash: Gum-Gum Whip. Luffy performs a long-ranged kick while spinning that covers both sides.

Dash attack: Gum-Gum Rifle. Luffy’s arm stretches and twists before unleashing this move, which has great launching power.

Neutral air: Gum-Gum Fireworks. Luffy punches and kicks everything around him. Cooler than it sounds.

Forward air: Gum-Gum Giant Axe. Luffy inflates his foot and does a spiking axe kick.

Back air: Gum-Gum Giant Whip. Luffy inflates his foot and does a potent back kick.

Up air: Gum-Gum Stamp. And upwards kick with great reach, but not much launch power.

Down air: Gum-Gum Spear. Luffy shoots both feet straight down a great distance, spiking anyone who’s unfortunate enough to be underneath him.

Neutral B: Gum-Gum Pistol. A chargeable stretch punch that can also work as a tether recovery. The fist has a sweetspot.

Side B: Gum-Gum Balloon. Luffy inflates his whole body, repelling enemies and non-energy-based projectiles (the only exceptions are electrical attacks, since he’s rubber). This also slows down his falling speed.

Up B: Gum-Gum Rocket. Luffy stretches his arms and latches onto an enemy, item, or ledge then pulls himself towards them/it. Can be charged and angled.

Down B: Second Gear. Grants him temporary speed and damage boosts.

Final Smash: Gum-Gum King Kong Gun. A cinematic FS; Luffy inflates his muscles and coats himself with Armament Haki, activating Fourth Gear. He then compresses his fist and unleashes a devastating blow to whoever was caught in the activation.

Watch One Piece.

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jab combo: PPK into Gum-Gum Gatling, a rapid punch move.

Side tilt: stretched kick that goes a fair distance.

Up tilt: quick overhead swipe. Good anti-air for all directions.

Down tilt: sweep kick. Good for footsies.

Side Smash: Gum-Gum Bazooka. The longer you charge, the farther Luffy’s arms stretch. Impact is greatest when the opponent is close to Luffy. Can be angled.

Up Smash: Gum-Gum Battle Axe. Luffy’s foot is launched upwards a great distance before slamming down into the ground.

Down Smash: Gum-Gum Whip. Luffy performs a long-ranged kick while spinning that covers both sides.

Dash attack: Gum-Gum Rifle. Luffy’s arm stretches and twists before unleashing this move, which has great launching power.

Neutral air: Gum-Gum Fireworks. Luffy punches and kicks everything around him. Cooler than it sounds.

Forward air: Gum-Gum Giant Axe. Luffy inflates his foot and does a spiking axe kick.

Back air: Gum-Gum Giant Whip. Luffy inflates his foot and does a potent back kick.

Up air: Gum-Gum Stamp. And upwards kick with great reach, but not much launch power.

Down air: Gum-Gum Spear. Luffy shoots both feet straight down a great distance, spiking anyone who’s unfortunate enough to be underneath him.

Neutral B: Gum-Gum Pistol. A chargeable stretch punch that can also work as a tether recovery. The fist has a sweetspot.

Side B: Gum-Gum Balloon. Luffy inflates his whole body, repelling enemies and non-energy-based projectiles (the only exceptions are electrical attacks, since he’s rubber). This also slows down his falling speed.

Up B: Gum-Gum Rocket. Luffy stretches his arms and latches onto an enemy, item, or ledge then pulls himself towards them/it. Can be charged and angled.

Down B: Second Gear. Grants him temporary speed and damage boosts.

Final Smash: Gum-Gum King Kong Gun. A cinematic FS; Luffy inflates his muscles and coats himself with Armament Haki, activating Fourth Gear. He then compresses his fist and unleashes a devastating blow to whoever was caught in the activation.

Watch One Piece.
I don’t have the time to watch One Piece so...

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
*sigh*
I made a moveset for Jotaro and Dio once.
Spoiler Warning for basically every JoJo part except 8, don't say I didn't warn you.
Specials -
Neutral -
1578238683789.png

Side -
1578238706356.png

Up -
1578238720216.png

Down -
1578238736187.png

Final Smash -
1578238760524.png

Added Notes -