• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

PekkaD

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-0771-0733
dededesgusting
I was watching the stream and he had Dedede above jigglypuff the whole time until the end when he said "jigglypuff is better because she can timestall sonic". What kind of argument is that really?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I like Dabuz, I love watching his intelligent play, but that's just silly. I personally don't think King Dedede is even bottom 5. Miis, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff are worse

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd say at least 1111 Guest Mii Gunner is better than him.
As much as I love the king, his disadvantage state is far too hideous to ignore it.
:196:

Koulam

Smash Rookie
I think the best place where D3 Belongs in the tier list is in Esam's Tier list : ''Bad, but scary''

Grandpoobah

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6338-1063
Hello, I am a Dedede main from Chicago and I wish to practice enough to make it so I no longer suck. I went to 3 locals and never won a single match, but I can actually say that I took a stock off of MVD.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

(M)

Smash Cadet
Anyone have a list of how early Ds f-smash kos? i heard it was treating. and now im curious

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Anyone have a list of how early Ds f-smash kos? i heard it was treating. and now im curious
From the middle of FD on Mario with no DI:
  • Fsmash: 68%
  • Dsmash: 118%
  • Usmash: 110%
I have the other kill %s too if you want them, just ask.

Last edited:

ExiaPilotDedede

Smash Apprentice
From the middle of FD on Mario with no DI:
  • Fsmash: 68%
  • Dsmash: 118%
  • Usmash: 110%
I have the other kill %s too if you want them, just ask.
Is that list posted somewhere in the research thread? That would be great information to have on hand :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This poor thread hasn't been touched in over a month....

For any of you that still come here, what kind of success have you had playing as King Dedede in tournaments? I've never participated in one myself, and while I'd say I'm a decent Dedede, I've only been recently improving my skills with him while playing a whole lot of FG.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
This poor thread hasn't been touched in over a month....

For any of you that still come here, what kind of success have you had playing as King Dedede in tournaments? I've never participated in one myself, and while I'd say I'm a decent Dedede, I've only been recently improving my skills with him while playing a whole lot of FG.
Yeah man. We're all on Discord, and are actually quite active. We're researching a bunch of new D3 tech as we speak, come join us! Here's a link: https://discord.gg/ATzjs3W

somebaka

Smash Rookie
NNID
bakacrafts
Greetings! Full knowing this is a pretty inactive board I will still make a post to introduce myself and stop lurking!

Like most of us I'm a Dedede main since the game basically came out. There have been times when I didn't call myself a D3 main because of bad tournament results and tried to move towards other characters (Pika, Luigi, Corrin), but I always end up coming back to this perfect penguin.

I've been consistently playing D3 over the past couple years and I can say I've never had more fun with another character.

I'm not the best player when it comes to fighters, especially Smash, but I feel pretty confident when it comes to playing D3. My friends and people at tournaments seem to just call me "that really good Dedede player". I try to go to weeklies as often as possible, and I also play online whenever I get the time.

When it comes to results, it's a struggle, although I have been getting better. I use to be one of those 2 lose - 0 win or 2 lose - 1 win type of players at tournaments, but I've improved to where I can usually take more wins before finally getting knocked out.

I have only once ran across a better D3 player, and it was on 4 Glory strangely enough. It would be nice to meet better players and other people I can learn from!

Is the Discord still active?

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Greetings! Full knowing this is a pretty inactive board I will still make a post to introduce myself and stop lurking!

Like most of us I'm a Dedede main since the game basically came out. There have been times when I didn't call myself a D3 main because of bad tournament results and tried to move towards other characters (Pika, Luigi, Corrin), but I always end up coming back to this perfect penguin.

I've been consistently playing D3 over the past couple years and I can say I've never had more fun with another character.

I'm not the best player when it comes to fighters, especially Smash, but I feel pretty confident when it comes to playing D3. My friends and people at tournaments seem to just call me "that really good Dedede player". I try to go to weeklies as often as possible, and I also play online whenever I get the time.

When it comes to results, it's a struggle, although I have been getting better. I use to be one of those 2 lose - 0 win or 2 lose - 1 win type of players at tournaments, but I've improved to where I can usually take more wins before finally getting knocked out.

I have only once ran across a better D3 player, and it was on 4 Glory strangely enough. It would be nice to meet better players and other people I can learn from!

Is the Discord still active?
Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself, appreciate the writeup. The bad news: yes, this place is dead. The good news: our Discord is more active than this place ever was. Tons of great research, contests, and battles happening right now. I'm the admin there as well - PM me once you create your account and I'll welcome you officially!

I'll paste a new link here:

https://discord.gg/e6bPkf4

For future reference, anyone trying to meet more Dededes, learn, or just have fun - join us on Discord, it's a blast. I won't remember to check this place forever :)

ThisIsntNotMetal

Banned via Warnings
NNID
metal00111
Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself, appreciate the writeup. The bad news: yes, this place is dead. The good news: our Discord is more active than this place ever was. Tons of great research, contests, and battles happening right now. I'm the admin there as well - PM me once you create your account and I'll welcome you officially!

I'll paste a new link here:

https://discord.gg/e6bPkf4

For future reference, anyone trying to meet more Dededes, learn, or just have fun - join us on Discord, it's a blast. I won't remember to check this place forever :)
it expired

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
I've been a Dedede main since Brawl as he is one of my favourite video game characters. Kirby games have been with me since I was a kid so it only ever felt natural to play him in Smash. The same goes with Wario, who I (finally) decided to play as in Smash 4. I love Wario Land and WarioWare games, they're super fun!
I also want to pick up Bowser as well... I'll get to it eventually.
To keep things short and sweet, I use all of my favourite characters in Smash.

I only just recently got a Smashboards account, I kept forgetting to get it... I have had Discord for a while though, so there's that.

I'm not too great at Smash, so any tips are greatly appreciated. Oh, I also like drawing.

Wa-hah!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Hello fellow penguins.
I come here for one reason.
I NEED A DOUBLES PARTNER FOR SMASH CON 2017.
I play Dedede for doubles and would love to have another Dedede for maximum jank.
I believe we can go all the way and have a DDD team on stream and if not Ill buy ya a sandwich for trying.

In all serious, I need a partner lol Dedede player or not. Just throwing the message out there.
DM me if interested. Thank you and have a great DDDay.

Top Bottom