• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pauline and Daisy would need a complete re-invention to be distinct from Peach at this point.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Daisy is fine as she is , annoying but at least not a Blonde .
She also lacks the Peachy voice , so i guess she stands out more, for the good or for the bad.

Pauline on the other hand , well , got a redesing and still it's irrelevant. But who cares anyway.

All the females are extentions of Peach , one way or the other ; Even Pauline's main desing was ditched and Peach was favored by having an inspired look from it ; But since Pauline is irrelevant , there was Daisy who was very similar to Peach , but that's not different from saying how Luigi was to Mario , it's just that people conveniently forget that Luigi was ''Green Mario'' for more time than Daisy was ''Orange Peach''

And now we have Peach , Pink Gold Peach , Cat Peach , Baby Peach , the statue of Baby Pink Gold Peach , and a very ditzy and Peachy Rosalina, that also , has always looked like Peach since day 1 , even though that has an explanation .

I guess we cannot say Peach doesn't get representation with tons of characters ripped off her.

For so many sprites that were made for SMM , it was about time Daisy joined considering that now , all the Mario casts of it's party games are in ; I think Toadette has yet to appear however.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Of course, why would Nintendo include DLC and from almost everywhere into Super Mario Maker without Daisy? If you were a character and your in a franchise, wouldn't you want to be included in games? Especially when Rosalina gets so many recognition, it is accurate to have Daisy in Super Mario Maker, considering Daisy belongs in Mario titles and other characters from each individual franchise gets to join, so why not Daisy? I love Rosalina, but don't get me wrong but I really think Nintendo should add Pauline in more games, especially SHE's the one who created this damsel in distress business. Maybe other peoples don't like damsels in distress but Pauline could be portrayed in a different role. If she makes cameo in the upcoming M&S Rio Olympic game, I would be very satified. She's more underrated than even Daisy, she's may not even be recognized by new faces... Anyway, here's the video of Daisy in Super Mario Maker:
Gamexplain offers news , sometimes quicker than Nintendo. I have not seen a Mario Maker Costume video for other characters in their channel.

In the end , i just have to wonder , what else can be a costume? There's already so many.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm from south carolina as well maybe our connection won't be so laggy if you up for a friendly
Never thought I find someone from Upstate South Carolina, specifically in a town located between Greenville and Spartanburg.
Shout out!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Objective proof that anyone who thought Rosalina should have been a Peach alt in Smash was wrong in thinking so.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Objective proof that anyone who thought Rosalina should have been a Peach alt in Smash was wrong in thinking so.

Actually, Rosalina was Princess Peach's sister, and why she looked alike in her beta concept:

See what I mean, if our current Rosalina design never existed, wouldn't that be a disappointment? In my opinion, Nintendo could've kept this but change the face features so Rosalina can have a more "Cheerful" outfit and keep her original one. Well, she does look like Cinderella but her characters sticks strongly to stars so that is what makes her unique and different from others. This doesn't encumber us to love her now, does it? I do suppose calling other different character clone is frustrating, in fact, why even do it? And on the subject relating to that picture, I like how you did that pose. I don't understand, if it is a hack/cheat code or a complex glitch?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^I didn't do it, there's a guy doing model swap hacks Smash Wii U. That's Rosalina's model over Peach's character data.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been quite busy with some equipment hacking during the past few days, and I was able to make a Rosalina customization with the following equipment...

Holy Staff: +85, -42
Exquisite Dress: +85, -42
Glider Pumps: +60, -42

The Glider Pumps definitely make Rosalina feel much more speedy while she's airborne. I could never really understand why Rosalina's air speed was made to be so mediocre. Sure, her air speed value is an average 1, but it still felt rather slow for someone who has levitation powers.

I know that there are people who despise the idea of seeing Rosalina get any extra buffs, but I still feel like her air speed should've been 3rd best (losing only to Yoshi and Jigglypuff, while being tied with Mewtwo's air speed).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Or you know.

The negative neck.

And the messed up shoulders (something normally really good about Rosalina).

Rosalina just does not look right at Peach's size.
Yeah, and they should have made the parasol higher as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina is all ****ed up at Peach's size and holding a parasol. Get that **** away from me!

By the way, I'm a Smash Hero now. "All right!" :rosalina:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is all ****ed up at Peach's size and holding a parasol. Get that **** away from me!

By the way, I'm a Smash Hero now. "All right!" :rosalina:
I still have at least 350 posts to go. I haven't posts comments that frequently these days.

But since I have premium for now, I don't really think it matters, by the way Tino, why didn't you change your user title?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still have at least 350 posts to go. I haven't posts comments that frequently these days.

But since I have premium for now, I don't really think it matters, by the way Tino, why didn't you change your user title?
Because I don't want to.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because I don't want to.
Ok... I guess you just haven't come up with a better title then... same case with sonicbrawler I guess. I personally think it can be slightly a waste of your premium if you have never changed your title, but that's just me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Peach isn't an aggressive(ish)tomboy who's only been in 2 main title games(Super Mario Land and Super Mario Maker)
Neither is Daisy. Bios may pretend she is but her mannerisms in the vast majority of games are just like Peach's.

And Super Mario Land isn't main series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Neither is Daisy. Bios may pretend she is but her mannerisms in the vast majority of games are just like Peach's.

And Super Mario Land isn't main series.
She punched(or threw, can't remember)Bowser like the Hulk.

And Nintendo made it canon(main series wise)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Peach isn't an aggressive(ish)tomboy who's only been in 2 main title games(Super Mario Land and Super Mario Maker)
Let's be honest.

While Daisy is always more energetic than Peach , she is also way more aggressive when they are playing the same stuff. In Baseball Daisy's abilities are more ''rough'' than Peach's , and don't get me started at the Mario Strikers series.

In fact there's a couple of character that come to my mind that are more like Peach than any other...

Why Daisy? Well , conclusion for this would be the fact that people that try to say that Daisy ''is like Peach'' simply dislike the character , or are biased against her. Which , i don't mind considering that , while i like Daisy , she isn't my top pick since she is too loud for my taste ; Then again , that also means that she isn't my top pick because She is nothing like Peach.

When Peach ''is loud'' she never goes full screams and energetic like Daisy does. Peach has always been portrayed as classy , girly and soft while Daisy never had anything going on for her until she Truly became loud and more competitive.

I guess people don't need to worry too much though , the fact that Daisy is constantly trashed by others is simply because bias or preferences or even being a hater , but not because she lacks something unique about her.

At least she isn't a blonde , never was in fact :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She punched(or threw, can't remember)Bowser like the Hulk.

And Nintendo made it canon(main series wise)
She punched him once in a Mario Party game and that was it. Peach also whacked home run out for a home run with an umbrella.

And no they didn't make it canon, and they never will, because it's not made by EAD and Miyamoto had no involvement in it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She punched him once in a Mario Party game and that was it. Peach also whacked home run out for a home run with an umbrella.

And no they didn't make it canon, and they never will, because it's not made by EAD and Miyamoto had no involvement in it.
Miyamoto didn't work on Rosalina's Backstory, nor did he create Diddy Kong and Dixie...yet her origin story is canon to the Mario series, and Diddy Kong is *technically speaking, going by the Donkey Kong Country series(that and Yoshi's Island are canon to eachother since they have had huge involvements in the main Mario games)apart of the Mario series.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Miyamoto didn't work on Rosalina's Backstory, nor did he create Diddy Kong and Dixie...yet her origin story is canon to the Mario series, and Diddy Kong is *technically speaking, going by the Donkey Kong Country series(that and Yoshi's Island are canon to eachother since they have had huge involvements in the main Mario games)apart of the Mario series.
Super Mario Land and it's sequel were not part of the Main Mario series. However nowadays , they are included as Main games.

It's also important to know that the sequel to Super Mario Land , was Wario's debut game.

So as i said , it only backfires to the characters ; There's no reason to separte ''Main'' games to ''Spin Off'' considering that it is the Spin Off games that provide the individuality to each character most of the time.

Bios also help to do this considering that someone , actually working in Nintendo wrote that , so it kinda matters as long as is not a Prima guide.

By that logic then all the characters would be very bland , and there's certainly no fun in that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's no reason to separte ''Main'' games to ''Spin Off'' considering that it is the Spin Off games that provide the individuality to each character most of the time.
This...is ho-...honestly the best explanation for the Mario series and characters(Inb4 some random person starts saying Sonic is a Mario character)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Bios also help to do this considering that someone , actually working in Nintendo wrote that , so it kinda matters as long as is not a Prima guide.
I hate Prima guides. Mario Galaxy's stated Rosalina was a princess, and people take it as a relevant source. I hate it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I hate Prima guides. Mario Galaxy's stated Rosalina was a princess, and people take it as a relevant source. I hate it.

To be fair , there's no real issue for Rosalina being called a princess , since she gives that impression by her appearence.
It's pretty normal that people believe she is one when they see her ; Then again while there's no literal confirmation for Rosalina to be a Princess , there's also no source for her not being one either.

Her title is simply something along the lines of Cosmic Guardian , Keeper , Leader of the Cosmic Observatory or Mother of the Lumas.

Besides that , nothing literally claims that Rosalina is anything else ; Though , it is known , that Rosalina is not a common Human , she is not even from the Mushroom Kingdom and she has special abilities other humans lack.

There's also a guide for Mario Kart that claims that Rosalina likes riding bikes , which by the logic of being a Prima guide , it's false and cannot be taken as relevant such as the Princess thing in the Galazy guide , ''If'' we go by that logic that is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Miyamoto didn't create Rosalina but he eventually sanctioned her inclusion in a game he was working on, and he did work on the earlier version of her.

The same is not true of SML and Daisy. He had no creative input on either of them. They are completely aside from the main series. And Yoshi's Island DS was retconned by Yoshi's New Island. And even if it wasn't, Diddy has never met Mario in a canon Mario game anyway.

To be fair , there's no real issue for Rosalina being called a princess , since she gives that impression by her appearence.
It's pretty normal that people believe she is one when they see her ; Then again while there's no literal confirmation for Rosalina to be a Princess , there's also no source for her not being one either.
There is an issue because it literally isn't what she is. I think going 8 years with Nintendo never calling her princess is confirmation enough that she isn't one, while they always specifically refer to princess characters by that title in PR and what not.

And other than the crown (which does not automatically equal royalty as crowns have a number of other connotations), nothing about Rosalina would imply she is a princess. Her clothes aren't regal looking at all.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Miyamoto didn't create Rosalina but he eventually sanctioned her inclusion in a game he was working on, and he did work on the earlier version of her.

The same is not true of SML and Daisy. He had no creative input on either of them. They are completely aside from the main series. And Yoshi's Island DS was retconned by Yoshi's New Island. And even if it wasn't, Diddy has never met Mario in a canon Mario game anyway.

There is an issue because it literally isn't what she is. I think going 8 years with Nintendo never calling her princess is confirmation enough that she isn't one, while they always specifically refer to princess characters by that title in PR and what not.

And other than the crown (which does not automatically equal royalty as crowns have a number of other connotations), nothing about Rosalina would imply she is a princess. Her clothes aren't regal looking at all.
If I remember well, the Mario Kart 8 website claimed she was one in a picture section of the site. Could have been a mistake though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If I remember well, the Mario Kart 8 website claimed she was one in a picture section of the site. Could have been a mistake though.
It's a mistake because it's only on the English version, not the Japanese one.

It also is referring to Baby Rosalina who herself is a non-canon element.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ok... I guess you just haven't come up with a better title then... same case with sonicbrawler I guess. I personally think it can be slightly a waste of your premium if you have never changed your title, but that's just me.
No, I got one. I just don't wanna change it is all.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It's a mistake because it's only on the English version, not the Japanese one.

It also is referring to Baby Rosalina who herself is a non-canon element.
Well, in the Nintendo site for kids, here's what states for Rosalina in a pic description: "The regal protector of the cosmos makes her tennis debut, unleashing her considerable star power on unsuspecting foes."
Ambiguity is strong. Link here.

But I'm sure you'll say that, because it's for kids and on a website, it's not canon...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

The thing is that clearly , most people aren't familiar to that sole character , so in other words they don't care and they don't need to.

People often get influenced from what they see with their own 2 eyes . A pretty Female , wearing a dress and that has a crown sounds like a basic description of a ''princess'' , at least for people with some logic.

Now , if we go over-analyzing stuff then we found out she isn't one by word , but also doesn't mean that she cannot be one since , there's no statement from both sides.

When it comes to that , there are several titles such as ''Goddess'' that also aren't for Rosalina considering that she is never called that oficially , and it's only used by some random fans to describe her and stuff. But i guess nobody blinks an eye for that right?

Also there's so much nitpicking around , in trying to avoid Rosalina being refered as royalty , it's super hilarious.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Daisy never met Luigi, Peach, Bowser, etc. in any other canon game besides Land.

Baby Mario and Luigi never made appearancea in a main Mario game.

Miyamoto didn't like the current DK not being DK Jr or Cranky.

All these characters Miyamoto didn't create(current DK gets to count), and are canon to the Mario series...yet Diddy doesn't get to be canon just because he's never met Mario in a 3D World or Galaxy...doesn't add up because of games like Super Mario Bros 2 and Birdo(might not be the same one, but she's still canon to the series)or Luigi's Mansions 1-2(for Professor Gadd) and Super Luigi U(one has Mario held hostage and the other one he don't even make an appearance in the game/dlc...yet they're canon). Like Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle has said earlier on,
it only backfires to the characters ; There's no reason to separte ''Main'' games to ''Spin Off'' considering that it is the Spin Off games that provide the individuality to each character most of the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, in the Nintendo site for kids, here's what states for Rosalina in a pic description: "The regal protector of the cosmos makes her tennis debut, unleashing her considerable star power on unsuspecting foes."
Ambiguity is strong. Link here.

But I'm sure you'll say that, because it's for kids and on a website, it's not canon...
Actually, relation to royalty isn't the only definition of the word "regal". It is also a synonym for "magnificent" and "splendid", which by literal definition, mean "beautiful/elaborate/impressive/amazing", etc. This definition fits Rosalina perfectly (even if you disagree with her being beautiful and amazing as a person and look at those as subjective things, they are probably referring to her powers, since they go on to describe them).

Also, regal specifically is a word used to describe kings in the context of monarchy, it isn't used to describe female rulers, at least not normally.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regal

The thing is that clearly , most people aren't familiar to that sole character , so in other words they don't care and they don't need to.

People often get influenced from what they see with their own 2 eyes . A pretty Female , wearing a dress and that has a crown sounds like a basic description of a ''princess'' , at least for people with some logic.

Now , if we go over-analyzing stuff then we found out she isn't one by word , but also doesn't mean that she cannot be one since , there's no statement from both sides.

When it comes to that , there are several titles such as ''Goddess'' that also aren't for Rosalina considering that she is never called that oficially , and it's only used by some random fans to describe her and stuff. But i guess nobody blinks an eye for that right?

Also there's so much nitpicking around , in trying to avoid Rosalina being refered as royalty , it's super hilarious.
But those people also shouldn't argue about the character and present their first time assumptions as facts.

Also, calling Rosalina a goddess is accepted because while she isn't officially referred to as one, she is implied to be. Her role is equivalent to being the god of the universe in Mario (possibly something further beyond) by literal definition, and in promotional material for Smash Bros in Japan, she was matched up with Palutena. Also, the Japanese Palutena's guidance directly compares her to Palutena. By contrast, Rosalina does not fit the literal definition of a princess, has only ever been "officially" referred to as one in a non-canon version of herself and that instance was a localisation mistake, is specifically avoided being called a princess in so much PR, and the only thing that remotely could be tied to her being one is the crown (which itself can have other connotations, including being a goddess, as goddesses and holy figures wear crowns too).

I'm not nitpicking anything, I'm just presenting facts.

Daisy never met Luigi, Peach, Bowser, etc. in any other canon game besides Land.

Baby Mario and Luigi never made appearancea in a main Mario game.

Miyamoto didn't like the current DK not being DK Jr or Cranky.

All these characters Miyamoto didn't create(current DK gets to count), and are canon to the Mario series...yet Diddy doesn't get to be canon just because he's never met Mario in a 3D World or Galaxy...doesn't add up because of games like Super Mario Bros 2 and Birdo(might not be the same one, but she's still canon to the series)or Luigi's Mansions 1-2(for Professor Gadd) and Super Luigi U(one has Mario held hostage and the other one he don't even make an appearance in the game/dlc...yet they're canon). Like Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle has said earlier on,
Main series Mario games aren't the only canon ones, there are a few other ones that are canon. But they aren't Daisy, Birdo, or Diddy's games.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
> Doesn't like that Rosalina was called a princess in a Prima guide which in the end is legit text in paper; Loves the fact that Rosalina is randomly called a Goddess Only by her fanbase when she also isn't one oficially and NEVER called one , not even in a guide

> Says to be having facts when All the text is filled with head canons and personal views such as Rosalina being next to Palutena .

> Nitpicks about the word regal since Nintendo TOTALLY/s cares how they especifically describe Rosalina in a single website.

Legit.

I'll walk away , i don't want to get touched by bias.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom