• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My siblings and I always open our presents from each other a little early and this is what my brother got me:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If characters need voices that go on with actual dialouges they say to represent and build their character and personality, Mario and Luigi series would have one less reason for me to love them.
Heh.

I can't wait for Rosalina's dialog , assuming there's ever gonna be such a thing in the M&S game. With sounds

http://vocaroo.com/i/s11hY9PAs8Gx

:rosalina:''Oh look , it's Mario! Long time no see!''

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ey7a17rJSx

:rosalina:''I've been traveling around this place in search of missing Lumas. I think Bowser has something to do with that , can you help me complete this challange?''

http://vocaroo.com/i/s15CFzBxQy4G

:rosalina:''Thanks! i think we can complete this easily if we work together , let's go!

Or something like that. Idk , i bet is gonna be that way.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well in the Winter Olympics Adventure Tours, they did have nice little character arcs for different characters. Like Daisy having self-esteem issues, Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic wanting to do their own thing after Mario and Sonic beat Bowser and Eggman, Wario and Waluigi doing what they do best, etc.

That's why I'm excited by the possibility of Rosalina being in something like this. It has SEGA's writing staff, not Nintendo's. They could do some cool stuff.

However, it could go wrong too. Like if they start calling her a princess or make her get captured or something.

I definitely wouldn't worry about the latter though as that never even happens to Peach in Adventure Tours. :V

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hm.. I'm guessing everyone is spending time with their families. As for me, I'm just strolling solo through my snow field... I'm going to go on Starship Mario and visit Earth to spend time with MY family. I can't wait for New years eve!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend got MK8 for Christmas so I played a good few races with him.

I was trying to get good highlight reels out of certain ones, but it wasn't working that well. Instead, I ended up taking a ton of screenshots, mostly of Rosalina. I even made one or two technical discoveries.

It's late so I won't post all of them yet, but I want to share this one as it's really pretty.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
My friend got MK8 for Christmas so I played a good few races with him.

I was trying to get good highlight reels out of certain ones, but it wasn't working that well. Instead, I ended up taking a ton of screenshots, mostly of Rosalina. I even made one or two technical discoveries.

It's late so I won't post all of them yet, but I want to share this one as it's really pretty.

Those water reflections...

I'm still on a constant search for friends who are willing to play MK8 on a regular basis. Everyone I know always gets fed up of my antics...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I ain't a Mario Kart person anymore so I stopped playing Mario Kart 8 after I got all 90 stamps in the game.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Eh, I ain't a Mario Kart person anymore so I stopped playing Mario Kart 8 after I got all 90 stamps in the game.
Aren't there 100 stamps now? With Link and Isabelle?

I dunno, Mario Kart just seems like a happier game to me. Instead of generic anime swordsmen pounding each other to death, we have cute babies blue shelling each other to death instead!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm quite surprised that Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition received an update before Christmas. I did check out the update, despite completing the whole game, and apparently, the Score Attack game mode got updated, and some additional transformations have been added as well.

Sadly, Score Attack can be a big pain on the harder courses, especially when you actually have to achieve an S rank to unlock new leaders.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
"Happy Holidays from the staffs at Smashboards". And? Is that all? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WHAT MESSAGE WAS THAT!?! That's it, I'm leaving the this place, no present, at all. Worst. Day. Ever. I expected a $1,000,000,000 gift card for such a perfect person as my self, and I get a shabby "Happy Birthday"?! *Scoff* Like I would just easily accept that! I AM TEARING MY HAIR OUT RIGHT NOW!! Where's my fancy card to a Chrismas hotel? Where's my fortune? What a waste of time. I am never coming back here, AGAIN. :mad:

*Read More*
Thank you for taking the time to read my trolling, I can't wait until everyone is back! Then again, I hope you all had a great week and a half off. Happy new years! Here's a cool image of Rosalina
From: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkr_Z2o5w

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here's some of those screenshots I took in MK8 yesterday.

I discovered something interesting with this first batch - in MK8, Rosalina actually shifts size mid-race while in her kart and doing trick animations. Pay particular attention to the first two, as they are pretty much a frame apart.

Also at one point in the above animation, there is a brief moment where Rosalina's body becomes unnaturally skinny and warped.

Also I somehow managed to get a hyper close-up of Rosalina's face, though I believe this is depicting her low-poly/low-res model (my theory is that MKTV uses these lower quality models for players that aren't selected as "featured drivers"). I got these by pure coincidence, as the shot is literally just a few frames. As a bonus, I also got inside of Isabelle's model.

Also a potential glitch occurs in one of my replays. The Rosalina on the orange Sports Bike (I'm the one on the red Comet) successfully start boosts, but then a moment later, she instead gets an overheated engine that happens when you overcharge at the starting line.

Also here's a funny little thing that happened:

When you and the squad on point...

...but then some basic gal comes in and ruins ya flow!

(please don't take this seriously Daisy fans, it's a lighthearted joke and I mean nothing by it)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
oh look at that , a race with more than 2 Rosalina's

i love that the trent died truly , it's been a while since i saw that. Honestly i remember always being annoyed upon release since i would enter online rooms i would be ''Rosalina number 8'' it was ridiculous. Kinda awakens my competitive spirit , to prove i was the ''best Rosalina'' of the race.

Mario Kart 8 ... it's been a while.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
oh look at that , a race with more than 2 Rosalina's

i love that the trent died truly , it's been a while since i saw that. Honestly i remember always being annoyed upon release since i would enter online rooms i would be ''Rosalina number 8'' it was ridiculous. Kinda awakens my competitive spirit , to prove i was the ''best Rosalina'' of the race.

Mario Kart 8 ... it's been a while.
The Rosalina Brigade is still quite prevalent actually. Pretty much every race I had in that play session had at least 2, and a maximum of 5, and I was jumping in and out of lobbies with my friend too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Check out this another Rosalina video by @falln
The soundtrack NLA is good to listen, but many people criticize it annoying...again probably because lyrics in the music...

Edit:
My personal favorite in Xenoblade Chronicles.
My personal favorite in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
NLA Shigai is the actual name of the OST playing in NLA.
If we are talking about Xenoblade X, there is a high number of OST that are very memorable, namely the non-Ganglion battle themes and Oblivia/Noctilum Field. It is quite difficult to choose one.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually like the NLA theme, both the day and night versions of it (although the latter with no lyrics can be pretty stale).
The battle theme that plays when you fight indigens is also pretty dope along with the Noctilum Field theme.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oh mymymymymy, Rosalina's appearing longer in this video

And god, she's cute at the end of her show, she's so happy of what she did and all :bee:.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gee, I wonder why Rosalina consider herself blue in this comic (I mean she is not the original blue like Sonic,Megaman, and Falco) . Greninja (Or Lucario) is blue, why wasn't he in this comic?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The animation of her in that gymnastics video is absolutely superb.

And the song she is dancing to gave me Catherine nostalgia, since there is a remix of it for the final world theme. Is this a sign? Is Rosalina my Catherine or Katherine? :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Rosalina Brigade is still quite prevalent actually. Pretty much every race I had in that play session had at least 2, and a maximum of 5, and I was jumping in and out of lobbies with my friend too.
I haven't seen "that" many Rosalina users the last time I raced online, and that was back during the Clash of Karts tournament.

Gee, I wonder why Rosalina consider herself blue in this comic (I mean she is not the original blue like Sonic,Megaman, and Falco) . Greninja (Or Lucario) is blue, why wasn't he in this comic?
Rosalina looks rather weird in that comic, and I don't get the clothing color change either, as I doubt that that'll stop PAC-MAN.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Call me whatever but im slightly pissed that Rosalina doesn't make any sound while doing tricks and stuff in her routine with the hoop. Looks very weird. At least the sport itself it's my favorite type , the button mash that goes with music.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Call me whatever but im slightly pissed that Rosalina doesn't make any sound while doing tricks and stuff in her routine with the hoop. Looks very weird. At least the sport itself it's my favorite type , the button mash that goes with music.
It could just be the result of an unfinished build.

Or because they don't want her drowning out the amazing music.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It could just be the result of an unfinished build.

Or because they don't want her drowning out the amazing music.

Yeah i would imagine.

Also i like the fact that Peach , Daisy and Rosalina all have new renders for this game. Daisy being the only one with the Winter Outfit.

To be honest while this game looks like a major improvement , i must say , that i would have loved that Rosalina's debut was in the Sochi game , since it's Winter and well Rosalina kinda associates herself a bit with ice somehow.

At least she's still gonna get the Winter Outfit in this game along with the Track outfit and the Swimsuit outfit.

Also, about time , all the characters that matter are TOGETHER in 1 game again.

Mario , Luigi , Peach , Daisy , Yoshi , Rosalina , BIRDO, Wario , Waluigi , Bowser , Bowser Jr , DK and Diddy Kong!

Last time was Mario Golf World Tour.

To me when those are present , then the roster is perfect by default.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's too bad that the past installments of the Mario & Sonic Olympics rely a lot on motion-controls. Things probably would've been different if we only had to input certain button commands.

For an example, for Gymnastics, you had to press buttons at a set order within a time limit. Do it right, and your performance will stay good. However, if you mess up a button input even once, or don't get them all before the timer expires, then your performance messes up a bit. Do it too many times, and the performance pretty much becomes a disaster.

Higher difficulty levels would shorten the timer, requiring you to move faster with your button inputs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just need to add Toad/Captain Toad/Toadette and Classic Sonic (they have Eggman Nega and Dry Bowser so he's fair game) and the game's roster is perfect.

Oh and Storm should be added to complete the Babylon Rogues.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina looks rather weird in that comic, and I don't get the clothing color change either, as I doubt that that'll stop PAC-MAN.
Yeah, there was a red ghost in the game right?
They just need to add Toad/Captain Toad/Toadette and Classic Sonic (they have Eggman Nega and Dry Bowser so he's fair game) and the game's roster is perfect.

Oh and Storm should be added to complete the Babylon Rogues.
It's about time they add more characters.
Oh so silly of me , just found out these 2 have not 1 , but 2 renders.

Wow, first time we see Daisy on the back. I hope we can see Rosalina's in better quality real soon.
Edit:
Here's her new render for the game in a higher quality.

View attachment 89804
Whoops, didn't saw this post.

And this roster poster looks disappointing, no Rosalina, and some of the characters artwork are the old ones. Looks like fanart to me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, there was a red ghost in the game right?

It's about time they add more characters.

Wow, first time we see Daisy on the back. I hope we can see Rosalina's in better quality real soon.
Edit:

Whoops, didn't saw this post.

And this roster poster looks disappointing, no Rosalina, and some of the characters artwork are the old ones. Looks like fanart to me.
Rosalina is there, she's next to Mario, slightly crossing into the Sonic border.

Also here's more footage of the game, though nothing new involving Rosalina, just the same clip MaJoR MuCuS MaJoR MuCuS posted.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
It seems very weird that not all of the Koopalings and Deadly Six members are on that roster.
Probably because it wouldn't matched up anyway, though I would have at least wanted Lemmy and Zor...

Predictions for classes:

All Around:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Ludwig, Birdo
Blaze, Amy, Sticks, Zazz, Cream

Speed:
Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Jet, Espio
Yoshi, Daisy, Nabbit, Larry, Diddy

Power:
Bowser, Wario, DK, Roy, Dry Bowser
Knuckles, Vector, Zavok, Omega, Eggman Nega

Technique:
Tails, Eggman, Silver, Wave, Rouge
Peach, Waluigi, Wendy, Dry Bones, Rosalina

Maybe shift around Larry and Wendy, Nega, Zazz, and Rouge, or something like that...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Probably because it wouldn't matched up anyway, though I would have at least wanted Lemmy and Zor...

Predictions for classes:

All Around:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Ludwig, Birdo
Blaze, Amy, Sticks, Zazz, Cream

Speed:
Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Jet, Espio
Yoshi, Daisy, Nabbit, Larry, Diddy

Power:
Bowser, Wario, DK, Roy, Dry Bowser
Knuckles, Vector, Zavok, Omega, Eggman Nega

Technique:
Tails, Eggman, Silver, Wave, Rouge
Peach, Waluigi, Wendy, Dry Bones, Rosalina

Maybe shift around Larry and Wendy, Nega, Zazz, and Rouge, or something like that...
Swap Rosalina and Eggman Nega and it's good.

Eggman Nega is pretty much Eggman's "Shadow" and is physically the same as him, there is no reason why he would be Power while Eggman is in Technical.

Meanwhile Rosalina has an established history of being Power/Heavy in games so I don't see why she would suddenly be different here, while someone like Eggman Nega is Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom