• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm getting a Rosalina plushie for Christmas! This was manifactured by Sanei and this is based off "Super Mario 3D World". I prefer this one over the Cat Rosalina because, it seems more of a dignified character to me. Don't mind me, I'm not done with Rosalina's merchandise... And I'm not a scalper, so hyped for :rosalina::

...:4bayonetta:...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Whelp... Winter's here. My least favorite seaso-

Okay, maybe it's not so bad. At least there's lots of warm and cozy Rosalina artwork to make it better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The ironic part about this winter is how abnormally warm it is for the eastern US. That definitely gives you a huge reality check that climate change can't be ignored at all, because the Northeasten states should be in the 30's and 40's by now, and this warmth could also mess up the delicate balance of nature.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It hasn't even snowed yet up in Rhode Island, which is a coastal state. It's been like 40 degrees almost every day since like October.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It really has been unusually warm here for this time. I have a feeling that this will really mess up spring's weather. Stupid climate change. And what about the polar bears?!:cry:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It really has been unusually warm here for this time. I have a feeling that this will really mess up spring's weather. Stupid climate change. And what about the polar bears?!:cry:
Well, they're not alone...

Anyway, on another subject, here comes another world of Rosalina Miiverse drawings...

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
My area got cheated out of snow this year. Usually we spend the whole month and even more covered in snow but so far there has only been 2 decent snow days.
I'm getting a Rosalina plushie for Christmas! This was manifactured by Sanei and this is based off "Super Mario 3D World". I prefer this one over the Cat Rosalina because, it seems more of a dignified character to me. Don't mind me, I'm not done with Rosalina's merchandise... And I'm not a scalper, so hyped for :rosalina::

...:4bayonetta:...
You should get the one with her in her cat suit. It's great for cuddling up with when you sleep for the the collection.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
My area got cheated out of snow this year. Usually we spend the whole month and even more covered in snow but so far there has only been 2 decent snow days.

You should get the one with her in her cat suit. It's great for cuddling up with when you sleep for the the collection.
A Cat Rosalina plush is ideal for snuggling. It's the most judgement-free thing you can do with one besides owning one (or many).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I swear my Cat Rosalina plush is alive somehow. Every time I wake up, she was already sitting right there staring at me. ._.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm back baby.

As far as weather goes, there is a storm sort of going on where I live.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Many of you may have heard, that I said that my fighting style wasn't good. Well, I have defects and this video will show you how I fight. Unfortinately, the video is transient due to the fact that it's a highlight reel. What I hate about this is that just because it's longer than 3 minutes, it has to cut through all the flaws. Trust me, it was harder than what this showed you. I would put on two Smash videos of my fighting so you folks could see it but, I think that would break a rule of Smashboard... I'd ask any of you to point out flaws, alas the reel conceals them.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nah I was banned from this one.

Though granted I was becoming less active anyway.
Banned from this thread? How?

Speaking of active. Amiibo thread rarely become inactive for a while, I recently had bought a Lucas amiibo, you can go check it out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Banned from this thread? How?

Speaking of active. Amiibo thread rarely become inactive for a while, I recently had bought a Lucas amiibo, you can go check it out.
Mods didn't like a post of mine I guess.

Kinda annoying since I posted the same thing in another social and nothing happened there, but it's all water under the bridge now.

Anyway, I saw that Rio Olympics render of Rosalina while I was away. She looks amazing. With thighs like that (finally glad her solid mix of voluptuousness and muscle is completely undeniable now), she had better be a Power character.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mods didn't like a post of mine I guess.

Kinda annoying since I posted the same thing in another social and nothing happened there, but it's all water under the bridge now.

Anyway, I saw that Rio Olympics render of Rosalina while I was away. She looks amazing. With thighs like that (finally glad her solid mix of voluptuousness and muscle is completely undeniable now), she had better be a Power character.
I see... I didn't know that it will get you banned from a thread.

I wonder what kind of position she was in in that render, is she resting while preparing for a gymnastic event?
And I won't be surprised that she is a power character.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Whatever class she is, I just hope there will be a 'story mode' a la Winter 2010 DS, so we can actually see her talking (Or at least interact with her) because recent games provide mostly phrases and shouts.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ummm do people realise that's not how it works right?

Characters never talk as in super long dialogs for the exception of some games from the past , such as Super Mario Sunshine.

In the Winter games the didn't really ''talk'' same with other games , it's just a voice clip and a text.

Peach saying something like ''I would like to help me complete this challange'' for example and all you''ll hear with her actual voice will be ''OK!''

Saying something like ''Mario , Bowser is causing trouble again!'' and you'll hear something like ''Oh no!''

So they don't really talk. Just like Rosalina did in Galaxy ; Bunch of text lines and Rosalina either giggles or sighs.

It's the same in the London games.

It's just looong text along with a fitting short voice clips , probably that we would hear for the 12321 time.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is pretty much not too different from how the games from the The Legend of Zelda series handles their dialog. There really isn't any voice acting at all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This is pretty much not too different from how the games from the The Legend of Zelda series handles their dialog. There really isn't any voice acting at all.
It's actually pretty much the same , since some characters (Example the Big Fairy from OoT) Have actual voices along with dialog but it's just a short clip , mostly sounds.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ummm do people realise that's not how it works right?

Characters never talk as in super long dialogs for the exception of some games from the past , such as Super Mario Sunshine.

In the Winter games the didn't really ''talk'' same with other games , it's just a voice clip and a text.

Peach saying something like ''I would like to help me complete this challange'' for example and all you''ll hear with her actual voice will be ''OK!''

Saying something like ''Mario , Bowser is causing trouble again!'' and you'll hear something like ''Oh no!''

So they don't really talk. Just like Rosalina did in Galaxy ; Bunch of text lines and Rosalina either giggles or sighs.

It's the same in the London games.

It's just looong text along with a fitting short voice clips , probably that we would hear for the 12321 time.
We know that, but it's still dialogue regardless.

It still builds her character. Like if we were reading the story book.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I haven't played a Mario & Sonic Olympics game since Winter 2010 DS. I think the appeal started to wear off for me when they just kept pumping out new titles. I do sorta see where others are coming from when they want a "true" Mario and Sonic crossover besides Smash. I'll just have to wait and see if this new one interests me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
We know that, but it's still dialogue regardless.

It still builds her character. Like if we were reading the story book.
It kinda doesn't tho.

Characters in those games said plenty of generic stuff , nothing outstanding , does not contribute to the so called character , it's just stuff they say to help within the course of the story

And that's assuming there would actually be a mode like the one in the DS Winter games , since the London 3DS one sucked so much.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It kinda doesn't tho.

Characters in those games said plenty of generic stuff , nothing outstanding , does not contribute to the so called character , it's just stuff they say to help within the course of the story

And that's assuming there would actually be a mode like the one in the DS Winter games , since the London 3DS one sucked so much.
It depends on how it's written. You don't need voices to build the characters.

Daisy actually had more character development in Winter Olympics DS than any other game she's been in. So yeah I'd be interested in how Rosalina is handled.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And here is a video of me playing Smash online. This is where my flaws become visible, very visible.

Relating to Glistmas, here is a gift from Rosalina herself. You could give it to Santa Claus if you don't want it. Merry Christmas to you too, :rosalina:!

Source: http://orig10.deviantart.net/951a/f/2015/357/9/a/christmas_card_rosalina_by_zefrenchm-d9l6ebm.png
If this was a competitive Smash video, then there would be some problems...but it's a For Fun thing so it's alright

TriTails

Smash Lord
If characters need voices that go on with actual dialouges they say to represent and build their character and personality, Mario and Luigi series would have one less reason for me to love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom