• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The Polari color was added later, in the E3 build it was metal colored.

And Rosalina could be the first hype reveal since she was the first newcomer to reveal after E3, sh'e "The one that started the hype train"
Yeah, that was before 90% of the Smash community (both casual and competitive) started to hate her to death =/...

Does anyone know if she got changed in 1.1.3?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I just realised that we're basically at the end of the road.

Smash 4 released , all the DLC announced with a final announcement already on the line.

It's kinda nostalgic , i just went back a bit , lots of pages , i remember ever since page 50 or so ... and now it's 357.

The exciment for Rosalina being playable and all the stuff being revealed during the streams of the 3DS version.

Never gonna forget all the fun in this board, the real fun that is. Thank you all :3

I just felt like saying it since the year is also going to end and well , as i said we are basically ending a cycle.

Happy Holidays Rosalina players
:rosalina: (Using the light pink , as i used too before release).

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hello, my cosmic mothers. May I say, it has been about 100 years since I've posted on here. You may feel like it was 2 days ago, but think again. (The Comet Observatory works differently from earth, you know.) I missed you fellows! I believe we are currently talking about Smash I see. I always think her reveal trailer could have more, you could say, "animated cutscenes". They could show Rosalina's other majestic powers like the following:
If I were to give Rosalina some new powers myself, her ability is to able to create/destroy celestial bodies...-> (*ERROR, LUMA'S JOB*) Since the Lumas got that covered, she could link 2, 3 or, more planets together creating more landscape to the planet that is bonding. She would be immune to the coldness and heat as well. (*STARS ARE SAID TO BE HOT*) She could move the sunrays or block them with her grand barriers. Last but not least, she is in her trademark dress. *She'd wave the wand in circles above her head and the cosmos twirls around her down to her feet, her dress shortens and her sleeves vanish, therefore, appears her tennis dress.* (*AND NO, THIS ISN'T SOME Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo MAGIC*) So literally anything, space related. Shall we hope our dear Earth won't be obliterated? Now Rosalina must do her daily chores in our solar system.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
How time flies by fast after two years since the day Rosalina was revealed. I remember how hyped I was when I saw her trailer and I knew right then that I would definitely main her. Ditching Mario and the rest of the Mario reps in favor of her was the best thing ever.
I didn't watch her reveal live, which was a bit pity for me. The first time I was able to watch a Smash character reveal live was E3 2014 resentatio.
Hello, my cosmic mothers. May I say, it has been about 100 years since I've posted on here. You may feel like it was 2 days ago, but think again. (The Comet Observatory works differently from earth, you know.) I missed you fellows! I believe we are currently talking about Smash I see. I always think her reveal trailer could have more, you could say, "animated cutscenes". They could show Rosalina's other majestic powers like the following:
If I were to give Rosalina some new powers myself, her ability is to able to create/destroy celestial bodies...-> (*ERROR, LUMA'S JOB*) Since the Lumas got that covered, she could link 2, 3 or, more planets together creating more landscape to the planet that is bonding. She would be immune to the coldness and heat as well. (*STARS ARE SAID TO BE HOT*) She could move the sunrays or block them with her grand barriers. Last but not least, she is in her trademark dress. *She'd wave the wand in circles above her head and the cosmos twirls around her down to her feet, her dress shortens and her sleeves vanish, therefore, appears her tennis dress.* (*AND NO, THIS ISN'T SOME Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo MAGIC*) So literally anything, space related. Shall we hope our dear Earth won't be obliterated? Now Rosalina must do her daily chores in our solar system.
I have just got back from the hype train which made it to the sun. (Etika's hype train pun)

I'm planing to watch RWBY's volume in few days. A least one episode per week.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is this from the Corocoro magazine? Famisu?
LQ look at Rosalina's leotard render and she looks good.

I wonder what she is doing... is she doing a warm up?
I'm personally a huge Olympic fan, I'm looking forward to watch Rio 2016 events next year.

And speaking of Olympics, I know as gamers sports aren't a hobby that we do fairly often. But me, there's one Olympic sports I am good at and that's badminton, I am also very good at swimming as well. Basketball, baseball, football (soccer) are also the sports I like (But not really good at).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where did you find Rosalina's leotard artwork? Could it appear if I just search it up? Well, if it doesn't work, could you send me the link to that website?
I think that image is from a Japanese guide or something, since its quality looks too low to have come from an actual website.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
LQ look at Rosalina's leotard render and she looks good.

'Kay school's over, finally have the time to wander here.
And god, she looks incredible in this! Still, I wonder what she's doing and like... is she sitting in the air? I hope so, I like floating Rosalina a lot.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
the renders of M&S have a more likeable style tbh

the ones for Mario Party and Tennis totally screwed up Peach and Rosalina respectively. This time they look more Mario , like they are suppoused to.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Recalling the announcement years ago here?
I remember celarlo both the massive hype and salt, particularly the one of the Daisy support, including the burst of wannabe satiric images and posts.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I just discovered something . It's very very small , but i found it interesting somehow.

In Mario Tennis Ultra Smash , sometimes when Rosalina hits the ball she will say this:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ucFxu99rma

Then today i noticed this clip is actually a small part of another clip from Mario Kart 8 , when Rosalina gets a boost.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06M9BZLz6Hy

If you cut it and divide the ''Whoohooo!'' and get the ''Whooo'' and ''Hoooo!'' as separate clips you'll get this:

the Whooo!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qX4tn4R1ga

and the ''Hooo!'' that you hear in Ultra Smash

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CaiekzR1wV

Put them together and you'll get the MK8 boost sound.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Somewhat deceiving.
Anyway, I don't recall a reused Rosalina voice being split in parts to fill its role, but I may be wrong.
Actually they have done it , back then with Kerri Kane but it was easy to notice.

In MK7 , one of Rosalina's 1st place clips goes ''Whoohohooo ALRIGHT!''

you can hear only the ''Alright!'' when you play and select Rosalina in Mario Kart Arcade GPDX or when Rosalina wins in Smash Bros 4.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I can't find the website, Famitsu Magazine. Somehow, I know Rosalina's artwork at the Olympic Games would take a while til it would fly oversea. Any recommended Japanese website on Nintendo? I predict that Rosalina's athletic attire would have sleeves like Blaze's. Perhaps she could wear gym pants/shorts as well. Of course, she'd have her brooch below the neckline. Who knows? We might even see Rosalina without sleeves. No matter the attire she is frenetic, and is labeled as the Skill Type.
:TEAM MARIO

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't find the website, Famitsu Magazine. Somehow, I know Rosalina's artwork at the Olympic Games would take a while til it would fly oversea. Any recommended Japanese website on Nintendo? I predict that Rosalina's athletic attire would have sleeves like Blaze's. Perhaps she could wear gym pants/shorts as well. Of course, she'd have her brooch below the neckline. Who knows? We might even see Rosalina without sleeves. No matter the attire she is frenetic, and is labeled as the Skill Type.
:TEAM MARIO
Best Mario Group Photo ever...for now that is

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My first Cloud matchup playing as Rosalina.

He's gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with online. The only reason I managed to beat him was because of the scrubbish mistakes he has made, such as the way I made him lose his first stock.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

He's gonna be a pain in the *** to deal with online. The only reason I managed to beat him was because of the scrubbish mistakes he has made, such as the way I made him lose his first stock.
Cloud has an awful recovery - which doesn't even snap to ledges. So treat his matchup like Little Mac's

Say do you want to do a Rosalina mirror match someday? I could go now if you want to.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Cloud has an awful recovery - which doesn't even snap to ledges. So treat his matchup like Little Mac's

Say do you want to do a Rosalina mirror match someday? I could go now if you want to.
I can't do it right now but I would love to go someday.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I see a lot of Cloud posts at Miiverse that claim that he's overpowered. They fail to realize, however, that what may work in the Classic and All-Star modes does NOT necessarily make a fighter high ranking in the competitive scene.

And speaking of Classic mode, I actually received the Double Final Smasher Protection Badge from one of my amiibo yesterday, and I never even completed the intensity 9.0 without losing any lives challenge.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see a lot of Cloud posts at Miiverse that claim that he's overpowered. They fail to realize, however, that what may work in the Classic and All-Star modes does NOT necessarily make a fighter high ranking in the competitive scene.

And speaking of Classic mode, I actually received the Double Final Smasher Protection Badge from one of my amiibo yesterday, and I never even completed the intensity 9.0 without losing any lives challenge.
I'm planing to get Cloud next year. So far don't have the ability to buy eshop card.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm afraid the same thing will happen once Corrin and Bayonetta comes out, though I have a feeling we'll see more of Bayonetta than we'll see of Corrin.

And the highest number of Clouds I've seen in a row was 4. I've seen more than that, but not continuously.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yesterday there were like six Clouds in a row, wich mark in your mind why you don't go in For Glory after a DLC releases
Knowing I won't buy him, I play online to train against him, cause like every DLC release, I can't stand against them at the beginning. Then it takes me months to learn how to play against them

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Knowing I won't buy him, I play online to train against him, cause like every DLC release, I can't stand against them at the beginning. Then it takes me months to learn how to play against them
Somehow, I don't think that the match-up is a simple shield>punish whatever they did, even this early.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

He's gonna be a pain in the *** to deal with online. The only reason I managed to beat him was because of the scrubbish mistakes he has made, such as the way I made him lose his first stock.
He's almost like Ike and Cloud. She can give him problems landings and if u see his d-air on the way down, punish it, but avoid it or up-tile him. Plus, his recovery, take him down. His frame data with smashes aren't good from what I can tell. His projectile isn't good against Rosalina because of GP as long as u do it safe and enough distance to avoid being punished. His attacks are strong to kill Rosalina early if u make a mistake, but his approaches are decent at best and his air speed isn't good so mess up his spacing and punish and pressure him.

Even though its too soon, I think Rosalina has a slightly advantage or even mu against Cloud because hes like Ike and Shulk.

Btw, your landings, recovery, and approaches may need work. Landing, fast fall and using lunar landings for mix ups. Do not land on him or air dodge too much; land to the ground safely. Recovery, don't recover high. Not a good idea and you want to save your jump if needed. Recover low next time and also mix up with double jump or just up-b. Approaches. Don't roll too much. Use trots if u ever heard of them and read his rolls sometime to punish. Off stage, if u read his recovery options, prepare to d-air or b-air him.
Otherwise, not bad Tino Tino

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It will be quite a while until Cloud gets his own match-up discussion thread here. After all, all the other fighters will have to be reanalyzed first.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
GP is the last of Sword Wave's problems, it's massive vertical hitbox makes so that Luma eats the projectile no matter what whenever he's synched and between the two. You can just dash through it and start a CQC, pressuring him with the usual spaced stuff that is too fast for him to challange, same line as Dedede, Ike, Shulk and so going on. Granted, he has more merits than them when it comes to that, out of all, a frame 5 Nair and his DTilt

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
GP is the last of Sword Wave's problems, it's massive vertical hitbox makes so that Luma eats the projectile no matter what whenever he's synched and between the two. You can just dash through it and start a CQC, pressuring him with the usual spaced stuff that is too fast for him to challange, same line as Dedede, Ike, Shulk and so going on. Granted, he has more merits than them when it comes to that, out of all, a frame 5 Nair and his DTilt
Well, as long as you use in a safe distance whn Cloud usrs his projectile, then its not that useful against her. Or PS or using Luma as a shield.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My girl handsewed me 5 Lumas for Christmas. : 3 I thought you guys might like them. (Not as much as I do!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom