• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

This....

...this gave me a ****ing headache.

Can theory YouTubers just stay away from Rosalina from now on because they can't even get the most basic things right.

Silver wouldn't realistically lay a finger on Rosalina or be able to harm her (keep in mind I am also a big Sonic fan so I know all about Sonic characters) yet this entire video is just him wailing on her and her being helpless. And the terrible animation makes it look like a **** scene.

And what's worse is that people in the comments are just accepting it. Shows how little people really know about the character.

I mean hell, this guy even got her age, height, and weight wrong. How can she be 20 when she literally visits her home planet every 100 years?

And where do people keep getting this "SHE NEEDS POWER STARS TO DO ANYTHING" idea from? And the idea that she is a weakling without magic? She's a Power character in Mario Tennis for a reason. She can swing her arm as hard as the likes of Wario, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

Just ugh. This put me in a sour mood, because I know that just like Game Theory and all those other theory videos about her, people are going to source this video like it has merit just because it's from a popular channel.
I haven't watch the video, but I know that the video won't turn out well. If you watch Death battle of Mario vs Sonic and Luigi vs Tails, it gets worse. Them people on Death battle need to do better research because for one, when Mario use a mega mushroom and turn back to normal, he got dizzy from it. It was dumb move and he can't get dizzy from a mega mushroom. That made me avoid Death battles and Screwattack because its not just Mario vs Sonic, but other videos because they really don't know how to research. I find another video of Mario vs Sonic, but with better research and the fight is ok. I'll put it up in a link to show it to you guys, later.

Edit: I found it so feel free to look at it if you want, but the video will be in a link though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyeVNDZJBlI Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy If this video doesn't belong here, then I'll take it out.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heh , that Rosalina plushie has a mistake in her crown.
It looks more blue IRL, it's just the lighting in the photo making it look kinda green.

Anyway, I made another thing with my little Keyblade things. It's part of a larger set of photos, which you can view here:
http://imgur.com/a/YcTfk

The funny thing was that I didn't actually give Rosalina Ultima Weapon out of favourtism (though TBH, it would make sense for her to have it) - out of all of the character/Keyblade combos I tried, Ultima Weapon just fit so firmly in Rosalina's hand, like she's actually gripping it. Most of the other ones are at least a little loose, but this one actually got stuck to her hand really tightly, and it didn't happen with anyone else or any other Keyblade.

As they say in the KH games, "the Keyblade chooses it's master". Best Keyblade simply chose best girl. :V

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Weird question, but lets get to the point. Have you guys ever had anything bad happen to Rosalina? Like bad luck or bad things happening to her? I'll name a few that I seen or had.

1. In Smash bros 4; I had a team battle with 3 amiibos, one time fighting :4luigi:(Ghost) and:4tlink:(Sam) as :4pikachu: teaming up with :rosalina:(Jenny). When they break her shield after taking a stock off of me, they plan to murder her with charged smashes, but I prevent that from happening, but only take out Toon Link so she took a forward smash and she was safe.

2. In Mario party 10. I was :4luigi: while I pick the rest :4mario:,:rosalina:, and:4peach: as cpus. I noticed that she gets more bad luck than the others by losing star bits and get unlucky spaces.

3. Smsh 4, again. She takes brutal beatings (not much, but because she's tall XD) more than my :4mario:,:4pikachu:, :4peach:, and the rest of my amiibos so sometimes if I'm against her on teams and she's the only one left, I tend to make her as quick and painless while I give the rest, but :4luigi:&:4palutena: a slow one XD.

That's all I have and I'm not trying to say this upset you, guys since you love Rosalina. This is just some stuff that I noticed, all that.
Because I play as her most of the time, I don't see CPU Rosalinas very often. When she's there, I just play along with it no matter what happens. Haven't really used my amiibos much though but I do remember that my Rosalina amiibo does fight in a ****ty way.

This....

Can theory YouTubers just stay away from Rosalina from now on because they can't even get the most basic things right.

Silver wouldn't realistically lay a finger on Rosalina or be able to harm her (keep in mind I am also a big Sonic fan so I know all about Sonic characters) yet this entire video is just him wailing on her and her being helpless. And the terrible animation makes it look like a **** scene.

And what's worse is that people in the comments are just accepting it. Shows how little people really know about the character.

I mean hell, this guy even got her age, height, and weight wrong. How can she be 20 when she literally visits her home planet every 100 years?

And where do people keep getting this "SHE NEEDS POWER STARS TO DO ANYTHING" idea from? And the idea that she is a weakling without magic? She's a Power character in Mario Tennis for a reason. She can swing her arm as hard as the likes of Wario, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

Just ugh. This put me in a sour mood, because I know that just like Game Theory and all those other theory videos about her, people are going to source this video like it has merit just because it's from a popular channel.
What I don't get is why you make such a big ass deal over a dumbass video that's completely made up by some famous YouTuber or whoever. It ain't something worth crying over spilled ice cream.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because I play as her most of the time, I don't see CPU Rosalinas very often. When she's there, I just play along with it no matter what happens. Haven't really used my amiibos much though but I do remember that my Rosalina amiibo does fight in a ****ty way.

What I don't get is why you make such a big *** deal over a ******* video that's completely made up by some famous YouTuber or whoever. It ain't something worth crying over spilled ice cream.
I like to criticise and point out the flaws bad things in fandoms.

Wow her face has changed so much, it's still Rosalina but damn shes cute in tennis and smash

I don't think her face has changed so much as the model quality has improved tremendously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't really decide on a favourite since I think they all look nice. Though the Galaxy one looks a bit dated at this point I guess.

Mario Party 10 and Mario Tennis ones are probably the best on a technical level, but then I also look at a 5000x5000 version of the Smash 4 one and it looks damn detailed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I sometimes I express it when I find something bad and incorrect. Just like how I sometimes express when I find something good and well done. It's not that abstract or abnormal a concept.

In other news, Dex still waifus Rosalina super hard.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Wow her face has changed so much, it's still Rosalina but damn shes cute in tennis and smash
You forgot the Best one

Rosalina's artwork image was updated along with Peach in MP10. Though hers was already updated in 3D World. i guess it's just diffrent styles. But unarguably the above Rosalina is the best Rosalina. Her Hair is also paler in recent renders as opposed to a little bit darker like in Galaxy. Her main gem in the crown was also Red in 3D World somehow.

Also of all the renders , the Smash 4 one is the one that resembles her first renders the most (Face) and also her actual in-game face.

MP10 face is not her actual in game face , nor is MK8.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My thing about the Galaxy and MK7 renders is that the lighting is meh.

It just looks like they bleached half of her body.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I sometimes I express it when I find something bad and incorrect. Just like how I sometimes express when I find something good and well done. It's not that abstract or abnormal a concept.

In other news, Dex still waifus Rosalina super hard.

I absolutely love the original image it's based on. Such an amazing picture that shows Rosalina's motherly love.

Eeeeeep! The kisses! :love:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

This....what

What YouTube channel is this video from?
Well, most of them just don't take her that seriously, even though they aren't big rosalina fans they should get some of her points right. While some are debatable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What YouTube channel is this video from?
Well, most of them just don't take her that seriously, even though they aren't big rosalina fans they should get some of her points right. While some are debatable.
The internet as a whole isn't then seriously

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
It was already a given anyway. But we do now have official confimation thar Rosalina's Amiibo does works with Ultra Smash. Now if only Nintendo would hurry up and release her and Daisy's Super Mario line Amiibo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was already a given anyway. But we do now have official confimation thar Rosalina's Amiibo does works with Ultra Smash. Now if only Nintendo would hurry up and release her and Daisy's Super Mario line Amiibo.
...or aNY amiibos to be compatible with this game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought this drawing looked really amusing.

I'd probably make that face too if I looked like that.

Moderator Edit: Large images should probably be placed inside a spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only those who respects her background takes it seriously...
Yeah, but I mean every little fanbase on the internet can't be taken seriously anymore(Youtube and Tumblr are to blame).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Found another cute screenshot.

She has a cute little smile going.

I think this one was taken by someone with a preview copy.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That's one of the NintendoLife screenshots actually.

i posted them , got deleted .

Toadette is on the shine though , it was on her reveal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom