• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Toadette should be fine for future games, she's been squeezing into a lot lately. She was a main character in Captain Toad and she's been in a lot of spin offs lately and is even in Paper Jam as the papercraft "mechanic".

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm not sure. She is being resurrected ,that's for sure , but knowing Nintendo , some characters may start ''dissapearing''
Like Diddy Kong and Birdo. Toadette nowadays is very frequent , but she can always skip games , we know she did that a lot after Mario Super Sluggers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe but I feel like lately her roles have been way more significant.

Beforehand she was kinda just a Toad character they created for girls and nothing more, she didn't really stand out.

But between Captain Toad and Paper Jam, it seems they are trying to flesh her out a bit more to make her a more distinct character. Which usually means they plan to keep her around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not sure. She is being resurrected ,that's for sure , but knowing Nintendo , some characters may start ''dissapearing''
Like Diddy Kong and Birdo. Toadette nowadays is very frequent , but she can always skip games , we know she did that a lot after Mario Super Sluggers.
I think the Kremling Krew deserves a mention too. While the Kritters did appear as enemies for Smash 3DS's Smash Run, K. Rool has not been seen at all after Mario Super Sluggers. Tropical Freeze did bring back Dixie and Funky though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's also sad that out of all the characters , i guess that only 1 is safe to return , which is Rosalina.

The Sprixie is gonna get cut , Toadette future is uncertain and Dry Bowser ... wouldn't be surprised if he returns too since Lazy Nintendo is Lazy.

Dunno , i enjoyed SM64 , Galaxy and 3D world and those lack Wario.

Luigi's Mansion is also great , and Mario is basically not there.
But those games had one of the 3 plumbers/whatever they want to be(I meant as in Super Princess Peach, but with no sign of any of them)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Don't care what anyone says. Super Princess Peach was my jam ; That and games like NSMB , Mario Kart DS and many others from the good old NDS.

Which reminds me of the progress people have already done to make mods for Mario Kart DS. It so cool to play as Rosalina in a 2005 game. I even like the fact that i've learned a lot about 3D Modelling and even made the Circuit Special available in that game. Good stuff , good.

That and along with other stuff i need to finish. College takes too much of one's time , but some color won't hurt for this one sometime later.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not even much of a Peach fan and I think Super Princess Peach was a great game. My only real gripe with it is that it had what I like to call "Rayman 1" syndrome in that the Toads were presented as an optional collectible, but then at the end of the game, you suddenly need to get every single Toad to fight the final boss, for no real reason whatsoever. It isn't even explained in the story, it's just kinda like "LOL YOU MISSED TWO OR THREE TOADS SO YOU CAN'T FIGHT BOWSER YET".

I wouldn't mind a sequel to it, but I might have an unpopular opinion in that if they do make a sequel, I don't want Rosalina to be a part of it, at least not a major part of it. I just don't like the idea some of the fanbase has in that she HAS to be grouped with Peach and that she should be Peach's girly sister figure or something. They don't have any real connection to each other other than having mutual friends. Heck, Smash Bros didn't even really do much with them as a pair. To me, Rosalina isn't Peach's girly GF or something, she's just a character that happens to know her and is relatively friendly with her. But of course, since Rosalina is the only other major female character who appears in the main series besides Peach, a lot of fans get the idea that they must be best sleepover buddies or something, despite literally having no unique interactions with each other besides a line or two of dialogue in Galaxy 2's ending.

If they make Super Princess Peach 2, then they should make Daisy a second playable character and nobody else, since she's historically been Peach's best friend and they have always been a pair. Maybe give the game a focus on actual co-operation to progress, like say, Zelda: Triforce Heroes. But yeah, I'm OK with Rosalina passing up on Super Princess Peach 2 if that happens, because I feel like they would "princessify" her to make her fit the tone of the game more or something, if she were a major character, which I would really dislike. She could maybe make a cameo appearance in a secret level or something but that'd be it. Plus, I think that'd be a perfect chance to give Daisy fans something to be happy about. If Rosalina was Peach's "Player 2" in a Super Princess Peach 2, a lot of Daisy fans would get really angry over that. So IMO, making Rosalina sit out of a game like that is sort of best for everyone.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think it would be perfect to include Rosalina in Super Princess Peach 2 , if it ever happens.
Not everything has to be girly , but Rosalina herself is pretty femenine even by no wearing Pink. I can see it , the last world being in space or something and Peach needs to go to save (a Toad , or Mario) and Suddenly Rosalina pops up to give some advice or even more , help Peach get to the final boss.
Daisy as Player 2 would be even better , and maybe Toadette can make an appearence.

What i liked about SPP is that , no matter how ''Peachy'' it was , the game is still tons of fun and very cool story (even Perry the umbrella got some depth) and most importantly , It allowed Peach to break through , again , after SMB2.

Besides , the music was really good. The Starfy cameos and the Abilities were good too.

It even had an encyclopedya and a sound test. Such a complete game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Rosalina could work fine as a cameo or as a brief appearance in a Super Princess Peach 2, but I just don't want her to have a major, playable role, or for them to turn Peach and Rosalina into the "Super Princess Sisters", or something silly like that. It'd feel random and out of the blue to me and would pretty much ruin the perception people have of the character (it's already skewed enough as it is). I guess I could be fine with her being a sort of detached unlockable character, like in 3D World, but I'm personally of the opinion that Rosalina isn't a character they should inherently tie to Peach like they have with Daisy (and the fact Daisy is inherently tied to Peach already is why I think she makes much more sense as Peach's Player 2 for a game like this). I think Rosalina just works best as her own thing, with her being the Mother of the Lumas, and making her a girly princess all of a sudden would clash with her current image and she wouldn't stand out anymore. I could see her showing up near the end of the game though to give Peach a little bit of a helping hand, like providing Peach with a portal or something to get to the final level, or giving her a lift into space on the Observatory. But if she were the second playable partner character to Peach, I would be afraid of them making things overly cutesy with Rosalina, like this:

I'm perfectly fine with this for fan art and stuff (and that is a really nice drawing), but I don't want the official, canon portrayal of Rosalina to be "Peach's sleepover sister" or anything like that. It would just **** over the unique set up they have going for Rosalina, and would come out of the blue since they haven't really interacted with each other before. There's also the fact Rosalina is supposed to mostly be travelling through space anyway.

But doing the same thing with Daisy is perfectly fine, as there is much more basis for it. They have always been partners since Mario Tennis 64, and literally the specific reason they brought back Daisy was to be Peach's partner. There have been plenty of spin offs that portray the two talking to each other like really good friends, so I think it would make much more sense than forcing Rosalina as Peach's "Player 2".

Rosalina could play a tertiary role or just be a secret character that doesn't really have any specific interactions with anyone, like in 3D World, but I just don't want her to be Peach's main buddy or something. It'd be really jarring.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
As i said , not everything needs to be taken in that context.
There's literally nothing wrong with Rosalina being a little more associated with the other female characters , especially with the most important one. In any game Rosalina has showed up , she pretty much does her own thing , as we can see she stays aside in Super Mario Galaxy games and even as playable in 3D World , she doesn't join the Cats at the end of the game , she just sits in there after they pass.

SPP is not even overly ''cutesy'' , yes , it's primary target was a female audience given the fact that Peach assumed the main role + the art direction and gimmicks the game has.

But even so , it was still pretty cool and everybody would enjoy it. In fact , most desings look very very similar to a Mario & Luigi game . Any Rosalina appearence in the present , just means the best for her as she becomes more prominent with each.

At this point , since Rosalina's Galaxy self has been put into a rest and exchanged for a more Upbeat and girly self , i don't see problems for her blending in a game like that. Just because she appears doesn't mean she needs to Forever and always BFF for all the eternity and beyond with Princess Peach , there's something called development and plot to put things clear.

It's really no different for her to appear in Super Mario 3D world than to appear in a suppoused sequel that involves Peach as a main character. It's silly to think it would affect her image , as she is already very very different from what she initially was. With Galaxy being a 2007 game and SM3DW being Rosalina's most prominent main appearence to date , it's safe to assume most people get to know her in this current incarnation , more friendly and mario-like , like any other character , that even became very dependent of spin off appearences , since there are no main games yet.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's silly thing think it would affect her image , as she is already very very different from what she initially was.
No she isn't. Besides Galaxy and it's sequel, MKWii, Mario Golf, and Smash have all made Rosalina's motherly nature very present and obvious. The Lumas are always with her in those games and she is depicted as a loving mother to them in all of her animations, and they love her back.

The above images are all very evocative of scenes like this from the Galaxy games:

Then games like 3D World, MK8, and Mario Tennis, don't really have her interacting with the Lumas (though the Lumas hung around with her in a bit in 3D World still), but they put more of an emphasis on how tough and powerful she is (though Smash and Mario Golf also represent this really well).

The above images are very evocative of scenes like this from the Galaxy games:

She's still much more reserved than the other characters, as her lines are mostly still pretty cool and collected. This is most thoroughly emphasised in Mario Tennis, when comparing Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina's victory animations - Peach does a girly little jig, Daisy starts screaming and cheering and showboating for the crowd. And then Rosalina just gives a modest wave.

Mario Party 10 is the only game that, at times, made her too girly, and even then, Nintendo have clearly realised that was a mistake as they have made her more serious and tough again in Ultra Smash. It's pretty clear that the image for Rosalina's character (wise and motherly and reserved, but also tough and really powerful) hasn't strayed from Galaxy. Mario Party 10 was the only time they kinda messed up, and I would argue that wasn't exclusive to her (it was really because they wanted to overglorify Bowser in that game, while everyone else got the short end of the stick).

So nah, I don't think her character has "completely changed". And besides Mario Party 10, they've never made her overly girly - they've made her feminine, but she's always been feminine. Girly and feminine are too different things, though. Peach is girly, Rosalina is feminine (with bits of a tomboy mixed in, such as how she is a gearhead).

They've just added bits to her character in spin-offs, most of which are good. They've given her a little bit of a competitive side, which fits in with her existing toughness. They made her a little more energetic in 3D World and MK8, but that made sense since Galaxy touched upon the fact that she was a gearhead and it's been stated she enjoys a nice thrill too.

If Rosalina had completely changed into something girly and basically a Peach #2, then I wouldn't even still be such a big, active fan of the character. It's only because of the fact that, for the most part, they have handled and developed her exceptionally well, while keeping what made her so special in tact, that I still love the character. Mario Party 10 made some odd choices but that was one game and even then her portrayal wasn't all bad, as she did have some little bits of badassery and coolness in there.

And that's basically why I don't see a need for her to have a major playable role in a Super Princess Peach 2 - she'd feel forced and out of place, IMO, in such a girly game (and yes, SPP was an incredibly girly game - which is fine when I'm playing as Peach or Daisy, not so much Rosalina), and I think that, with NoA especially with how they localise games, they would overdo it and basically make her Peach's sleepover buddy, which as I said, isn't really sensible considering the two characters definitely aren't that close in previous games.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Spin-off games never give sufficient elbow room for character growth. That's a given. I wonder if anyone at Nintendo, especially during this time period, is even thinking about character development in the Mario series even if they know what the next main series title will be. Kinda feels like the odds are against that idea for now. We can always dream, but it sure has been a long wait already. Thinking about the credits in 3D World makes me think a couple things about Rosalina not being a cat in the pipes, but maybe that was mainly for technical reasons probably having it be easier to put her in one spot rather than add her with the others forcing them to alter how the credits play out entirely. Speaking of 3D World, I've been wondering something. Why are there no Luma kittens?! That would be indescribably adorable! I also had another thought that pertains to a game that Rosalina doesn't technically appear in, but can somewhat be assumed to have a secret cameo, but that's really stretching it. When I beat Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, I found what happened at the end to be interesting.
At the very end of the game, you receive a message from a mysterious person. The levels that you beat the game with get judged and the dialogue changes(this one is for levels 40 and up.) Here's what they say after Bowser opens up his present with the cake inside:
"You have done well... I have watched you... I will show you... your ranks... Everyone grew super strong... You are amazing... Very well done! I rarely give praise to the unenlightened... But you truly are absolutely amazing! And now I go."
I'd like to think that it's Rosalina saying this, but it's probably not. It might just be the game devs congratulating you. And since I haven't played any of the other Mario & Luigi games, I wouldn't know if it's any different in those.
Who really knows where Rosalina's future lies? But thanks to fans like us, we contribute to making that future brighter.

On a side note, word on the inter-web is that based Sigurd Hosenfeld may finally be active once again. So far, no new pictures. Just his most recent Rosalina pic wearing the Sorceress outfit from Dragon's Crown. Still nice though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spin-offs do give some elbow room for character development. In fact, they are often where most Mario characters are at their best. With Rosalina, they have basically made her show off more cool powers that she didn't really show off in Galaxy, which strengthens her role as a deity (or more). They have also given her a sassy, competitive side, and they have also shown that she is actually physically strong (she has physically impressive trick animations in MK8, and is a Power Type in Mario Tennis. One thing I also noticed is that Rosalina never uses two hands to swing her racket. By contrast, most non-Power characters almost always swing it with two hands), which we didn't get to see at all in Galaxy.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I respectfuly disagree.

Starting with the fact that Rosalina Indeed changed through her appearences. During Super Mario Galaxy and even in her promotional artwork Rosalina BARELY expressed emotions. This blend well , with Rosalina's current VA Mercedes Rose , as her role was very well depicted as a mature advisor , mother of the lumas and keeper of the Cosmic Observatory.

Rosalina in MKWii was also depicted like this , like you say , in MKWii , even with her saying ''We win'' , actively indicating that Both she and the Luma had won , instead of just repeating it to herself.

In present games , Rosalina's direction has been altered , And Nintendo is all behind this.

Not to mix things up with voice acting , but , there was always something fishy about Mercedes being replaced by literally no reason by Kerri Kane.

Kerri Kane herself made clear to me that this could happen , often if the company wants the character to be different and even be portrayed as younger. All of this makes sense , since one thing that Kerri delivered in Mario Kart 7 was more enthusiasm and subsequently , Rosalina was seen as more upbeat by many. Another thing that she delivered that connects , is the fact that Nintendo casted an actress that sounded YOUNGER than the former one.

Starting with this , Rosalina's portrayal was taken into a more friendly and less serious level. As we can remember , Rosalina was super calm in MKWii and barely displayed emotions in 2 Galaxy games.

With Rosalina's return in SM3DW , she displayed tons of emotions , very well delivered. But now echoless. This is important , not because of preferences , but because the filter is a reference to the ''Outwordly'' or ''Cosmic'' nature of Rosalina. That she is not a common person , that she is actually from a Galaxy , a very very powerful Being .

Again , with Laura's recast as Rosalina we can see a even more Upbeat Rosalina , but what does she delivers that the other two didn't? That she is the one that sounds the youngest , even Younger than Kerri did , Laura provides an even more friendly portrayal of Rosalina . This gives a feeling that she has settled down and finally became more Mario-like.

Judging of her excitement in the Race track of MK8 , i would picture Rosalina like a very young woman. If she was 10000 years old in Galaxy , now she is 5000. It's indeed a very different take , and it makes sense , since , aside from preferences , The current Rosalina (the one that says 'Weeee'' , the one that acts bubbly in Mario Party 10 , the one that giggles and Smiles in Smash and Mario Golf) is the one that blends better in the Mario universe.

So , following that , A role in any game would be just fine for her. Either way , she is already portrayed as a Younger , Happier Woman , and any mention of her galaxy self , relies only in profiles of booklets and websites , but doesn't act just like that in game. Worry not though , if SPP2 ever happens the last of my concerns would be if Rosalina was included or not , as i would be happy enough with the sole announcement of the game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laura actually sounds like the oldest, IMO.

Kerri sounds younger by far.

Also there was nothing strange about them dropping Mercedes. She moved houses, IIRC, and was too far away from Nintendo's recording studio to continue recording for it.

Also Rosalina did display emotions in the Galaxy games, they are just more subtle. And they still mostly are, but if the context of some of these newer games is more energetic, then Rosalina has to adapt.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No , Mercedes was quote

''Booked and replaced''

then Kerri took over as she had stated , and then dropped the role since she resides in Florida now , and later Laura was cast as she is available in seattle.

Laura is even represented by the same company as Mercedes.

Besides , let's not forget that Rosalina is the only returning character in MK7 with a brand new voice.

All the others have their MKWii voices. Further proving my point , if there wasn't any issue , they would have reused Mercedes voice.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyway, what's this about Sigurd coming back, and if he is, where should I keep an eye on?

He's one of the few artists that draws Rosalina with accurate proportions and makes her tall.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Anyway, what's this about Sigurd coming back, and if he is, where should I keep an eye on?

He's one of the few artists that draws Rosalina with accurate proportions and makes her tall.
He officially stated he's back in his blog after the long hiatus along with adding the alternate Sorceress Rosalina pic on DeviantArt. It sounds legit this time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why did you mistype my post? I have never type "suck it".
And I hope you can get it soon.
I was in a DX mood, and put it in pretending you were HBK, and hopefully Amazon or Play Asia has Duck Hunt by themselves(most adorable characters in Smash)...once I get some money in the first place

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was in a DX mood, and put it in pretending you were HBK, and hopefully Amazon or Play Asia has Duck Hunt by themselves(most adorable characters in Smash)...once I get some money in the first place
Who's HBX?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Who's HBX?
This is him right here TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 mentioned, a pro wrestler who's now retired. One of the all times greats and one of my favorites.

FYI, I put in a full sentence right there. Otherwise, I'll be pissed as ****.

Moderator Edit: Placed the large image inside a spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is him right here TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 mentioned, a pro wrestler who's now retired. One of the all times greats and one of my favorites.

I'm definitely not a guy like him lol.

I know, but I think you can still post freely even with those rules. Post pics with relevant sentence is to avoid spam and of course, raid.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

From the little of pro wrestling I've seen, I definitely remember Shawn Michaels. He was a great wrestler, and it was really sad how he lost to Undertaker. That final speech was so emotional.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
From the little of pro wrestling I've seen, I definitely remember Shawn Michaels. He was a great wrestler, and it was really sad how he lost to Undertaker. That final speech was so emotional.
Yeah, it's a shame he no longer wrestles. He was pretty fun to watch turning on his Sweet Chin Music finisher move. His entrance theme was pretty dope, too.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Weird question, but lets get to the point. Have you guys ever had anything bad happen to Rosalina? Like bad luck or bad things happening to her? I'll name a few that I seen or had.

1. In Smash bros 4; I had a team battle with 3 amiibos, one time fighting :4luigi:(Ghost) and:4tlink:(Sam) as :4pikachu: teaming up with :rosalina:(Jenny). When they break her shield after taking a stock off of me, they plan to murder her with charged smashes, but I prevent that from happening, but only take out Toon Link so she took a forward smash and she was safe.

2. In Mario party 10. I was :4luigi: while I pick the rest :4mario:,:rosalina:, and:4peach: as cpus. I noticed that she gets more bad luck than the others by losing star bits and get unlucky spaces.

3. Smsh 4, again. She takes brutal beatings (not much, but because she's tall XD) more than my :4mario:,:4pikachu:, :4peach:, and the rest of my amiibos so sometimes if I'm against her on teams and she's the only one left, I tend to make her as quick and painless while I give the rest, but :4luigi:&:4palutena: a slow one XD.

That's all I have and I'm not trying to say this upset you, guys since you love Rosalina. This is just some stuff that I noticed, all that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some rather nice Miiverse drawings that I came across during the past set of days.

And as an additional bonus, a drawing that someone made after taking a snapshot in Smash Wii U; it's not from Art Academy, as it was posted at the "Support Rosalina & Luma!" community.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That picture of her with Luma in a pram is adorable. :3

Weird question, but lets get to the point. Have you guys ever had anything bad happen to Rosalina? Like bad luck or bad things happening to her? I'll name a few that I seen or had.

1. In Smash bros 4; I had a team battle with 3 amiibos, one time fighting :4luigi:(Ghost) and:4tlink:(Sam) as :4pikachu: teaming up with :rosalina:(Jenny). When they break her shield after taking a stock off of me, they plan to murder her with charged smashes, but I prevent that from happening, but only take out Toon Link so she took a forward smash and she was safe.

2. In Mario party 10. I was :4luigi: while I pick the rest :4mario:,:rosalina:, and:4peach: as cpus. I noticed that she gets more bad luck than the others by losing star bits and get unlucky spaces.

3. Smsh 4, again. She takes brutal beatings (not much, but because she's tall XD) more than my :4mario:,:4pikachu:, :4peach:, and the rest of my amiibos so sometimes if I'm against her on teams and she's the only one left, I tend to make her as quick and painless while I give the rest, but :4luigi:&:4palutena: a slow one XD.

That's all I have and I'm not trying to say this upset you, guys since you love Rosalina. This is just some stuff that I noticed, all that.
Not really. My Rosalina Amiibo sometimes has the occasional brain fart but it actually looks like she intentionally makes matches close or intentionally lets the opponent win, almost as if out of pity. :p

I tend to not see to many CPUs as Rosalina because, well, I play as her most of the time. :V

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

So many dream matches...dead now(Mr.Wrestlemania)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This....

...this gave me a ****ing headache.

Can theory YouTubers just stay away from Rosalina from now on because they can't even get the most basic things right.

Silver wouldn't realistically lay a finger on Rosalina or be able to harm her (keep in mind I am also a big Sonic fan so I know all about Sonic characters) yet this entire video is just him wailing on her and her being helpless. And the terrible animation makes it look like a **** scene.

And what's worse is that people in the comments are just accepting it. Shows how little people really know about the character.

I mean hell, this guy even got her age, height, and weight wrong. How can she be 20 when she literally visits her home planet every 100 years?

And where do people keep getting this "SHE NEEDS POWER STARS TO DO ANYTHING" idea from? And the idea that she is a weakling without magic? She's a Power character in Mario Tennis for a reason. She can swing her arm as hard as the likes of Wario, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

Just ugh. This put me in a sour mood, because I know that just like Game Theory and all those other theory videos about her, people are going to source this video like it has merit just because it's from a popular channel.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

This....

...this gave me a ****ing headache.

Can theory YouTubers just stay away from Rosalina from now on because they can't even get the most basic things right.

Silver wouldn't realistically lay a finger on Rosalina or be able to harm her (keep in mind I am also a big Sonic fan so I know all about Sonic characters) yet this entire video is just him wailing on her and her being helpless. And the terrible animation makes it look like a **** scene.

And what's worse is that people in the comments are just accepting it. Shows how little people really know about the character.

I mean hell, this guy even got her age, height, and weight wrong. How can she be 20 when she literally visits her home planet every 100 years?

And where do people keep getting this "SHE NEEDS POWER STARS TO DO ANYTHING" idea from? And the idea that she is a weakling without magic? She's a Power character in Mario Tennis for a reason. She can swing her arm as hard as the likes of Wario, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

Just ugh. This put me in a sour mood, because I know that just like Game Theory and all those other theory videos about her, people are going to source this video like it has merit just because it's from a popular channel.
I saw that video in my recommended feed and decided not to watch it. If all that bs is what's behind the thumbnail, then I'm definitely staying far away from that video.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Rosalina v Silver? I would think that Chaos has more parallels to her than he does (apparent god-like figures who are guardians of the main forces that drive their universes along with the little creatures that represent them), but I guess time v space is enough of a basis? Now that I think about it, who would Silver's Mario parallel be? I want to say Waluigi, but that's more out of them being the spares than anything else:

Mario v Sonic - Duh
Luigi v Tails (Shadow) - Brother figures (Lookalikes with divergent character evolution)
Peach v Amy - Presumed canon love interest
Daisy v Blaze - Princesses from another place
Wario v Shadow (Vector) - Evil twin figure (greedy SOB)
Yoshi v Knuckles (Tails) - Darkhorse Ensemble that owns an island (Power-up Ride)
DK v Vector (Knuckles) - Kong v Kremling (Early rival figure that guard stuff on an island)
Bowser v Robotnik - Villains
Junior v Metal Sonic - 2nd in command villain

Waluigi v Silver - ...secondary lookalikes?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It should be noted that the events of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 never happened; they were erased at the end of the story. And yes, comparing Rosalina to Silver is rather silly, as their personalities aren't entirely alike, and while both may have levitation powers, their overall abilities are completely different.

In terms of the personality department, Rosalina is much more mature than Silver. Additionally, while Silver can be bossy and short-tempered at times, Rosalina handles her temper a whole lot better; she hardly ever gets angry.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't even get why the video passes Silver off as someone who can control time, because he can't. He used the Chaos Emeralds to do that, but so can literally anyone else.

He's a "time traveler" but he does so using external tools, it's not something he can do innately. Hell, he initially time traveled at all because Mephiles threw him into a portal. After that, he needed a Chaos Emerald, and he also needed a partner with another Chaos Emerald to open portals. Which was always Sonic or Shadow in the case of '06. But it wasn't something unique to him, the other characters did this too.

He's not some god who's capable of time travelling at will, he is just like anyone else in Sonic that needs some kind of external tool to time travel. Silver is only specifically associated with time travel because out of all the characters in Sonic, he's the one who has to time travel the most, and he was born in a different time to most of the other characters, so it's basically his gimmick. However, he still can't do it at will and he still needs external tools. It's been like that in every game.

In terms of his Mario counterpart, according to official material, it's Yoshi. He's the only Mario character he ever has unique interactions with in the Olympic Games, IIRC.

Rosalina on the other hand might have to have some degree of control over time, since she has the ability to change the universe and how it works (which would have to include time - not to mention how what she did in Galaxy 1 seemed to have effected the memories of others in Galaxy 2).

There's also this concept art from Galaxy 2 which suggests that they may have intended to address the idea of Rosalina time travelling more directly, as it depicts Rosalina meeting her younger self:

It should be noted that the events of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 never happened; they were erased at the end of the story. And yes, comparing Rosalina to Silver is rather silly, as their personalities aren't entirely alike, and while both may have levitation powers, their overall abilities are completely different.

In terms of the personality department, Rosalina is much more mature than Silver. Additionally, while Silver can be bossy and short-tempered at times, Rosalina handles her temper a whole lot better; she hardly ever gets angry.
They weren't erased from existence, everyone else simply jumped into a different timeline. Crisis City is in Sonic Generations.

Either way though, Sonic '06 is still the main source of what Silver can do - even if the events change, the character is still the same, and is shown to be more or less the same in other games.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Don't see the big deal of a video. I watched it and whatever.

I truly wish people come down to earth an realise that fictional characters are just that , fictional.

Sometimes caring too much about things that are not real is terrible.

Side note: Notice how they used both Kerri and Mercedes voices and they blended correctly-
Sigh* :rosalina:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^It'd be nice if it were that simple, but the problem is that if misconceptions spread about something (even if they are fictional things), then it makes it hard for people who enjoy those things to be on the same wave length even if these people like the same thing. Hell, maybe they don't really like the same thing, but two totally different things that they just see as the same image.

Anyway, enough about that.

I got a Kingdom Hearts keychain set today, and it also came with a necklace chain. So I took a cute pair of photos:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Undertaker is next unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom