• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I've said to myself "**** Miiverse" Haven't messed around with that **** for a long time mainly due to the "poorly made posts" I've seen not just at the Rosalina support community but the site in general.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eh, I've said to myself "**** Miiverse" Haven't messed around with that **** for a long time mainly due to the "poorly made posts" I've seen not just at the Rosalina support community but the site in general.
The main problem is that certain games actually require you to have Miiverse access in order to utilize all of the game features. This is especially true with Super Mario Maker, since you need an active Miiverse account to access Course World.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The main problem is that certain games actually require you to have Miiverse access in order to utilize all of the game features. This is especially true with Super Mario Maker, since you need an active Miiverse account to access Course World.
Er, didn't you already said this before?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
She be like:

Sadly, yes. And on Youtube, too with Scrubs and saity players.

With the amount of poorly made posts at Rosalina's support community, I'd be pretty upset myself.

On a different note, here's something interesting that I came across...

I don't pay attention to miiverse, but thanks for the info. Not only about that, but she also angry at the players more for being saity, lazy, and not adapting than calling her cheap XD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If I haven't, at least it's a reminder to those who are too lazy to look at the previous pages.
Either that or they just don't give a ****. Besides, I was talking about the people with bull**** posts out there, not restricted features from other games. Miiverse literally became Facebook 2.0.
Sadly, yes. And on Youtube, too with Scrubs and saity players.
Haters ain't ****. lol

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

I did some soul searching on female height and while I see Palutena as the second tallest female behind Rosalina, this pic puts me into question. How tall do you think Palutena really is?

I think that she's 6.9 or 7 while I think Rosalina is 7.6 or 7.7.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just wanted to come here and express my LOVE for this character. If Rosalina needed a kidney I would not hesitate to give her one. Thank you Dabuz and all the other Rosalina mains out there for developing a character dedicated to shutting down scrubby options!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

I did some soul searching on female height and while I see Palutena as the second tallest female behind Rosalina, this pic puts me into question. How tall do you think Palutena really is?

In smash scaling, that sounds reasonable. An official Kid Icarus Uprising chart says she is actually around 5' 8" (About Little Mac's height I believe). In her home series, Rosalina is still around the prescribed height if not a 3-5 inches shorter, I would think.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's nothing personal. I just hate her with a passion.
I do have a character that I hate as well. But I never hate it with passion.
And the more we talk about that worthless *****, the bitter I become.

Besides, I'd rather talk about Rosalina instead.
Yeah, let's just go back on Rosalina.

Whenever Rosalina smiles, the whole world feels peaceful.
Well said :)
Don't underestimate the power of red...

Oh yeah, my favorite color palette. The Wii U version is more of wine red, on the 3DS it's more bloody red.

Hey guys, I just wanted to come here and express my LOVE for this character. If Rosalina needed a kidney I would not hesitate to give her one. Thank you Dabuz and all the other Rosalina mains out there for developing a character dedicated to shutting down scrubby options!
Wow, that's sure one nice expression on your love for Rosalina. And yeah, I really hope there are more players willing to develop on her metagame more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina is canonically 7'7", an inch taller than Ganondorf's canon height.

Smash (and other games) simply scale her down, but still make sure she's one of the taller characters.

Also Rosalina's idle standing pose isn't her standing (or hovering) straight I believe. There is another pose where she does but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Palutena is barely any taller than Pit in Uprising, as you can see in the Palutena boss fight in Uprising, and in the chart Ivan quote posted.

Here's a Rosalina height analysis:

And yes, it is true in the actual game. If you stand in front of Rosalina and go into first person mode in Galaxy, Mario is looking right at her crotch.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Since we're here posting some more Rosalina pics, I got some I would like to share but I'm not using my computer right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The weird part of the size scaling system starts when you look at the character models from Twilight Princess though...

Notice how huge Ganondorf is when compared to even Midna's true form? Rosalina may be tall, but even she can't outsize a Beartic, and she's also shorter than a Rhyperior. Twilight Princess depicts Ganondorf to be about as tall as a Golurk, which is quite unheard of for the average humanoid.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
What's the picture? I can't see it. It broke.

Here you go. I don't know why it broke and didn't show, myself. I get these from Miiverse after saving a snapshot there from the home page.

Rosalina is canonically 7.7, an inch taller than Ganondorf's canon height.

Smash (and other games) simply scale her down, but still make sure she's one of the taller characters.

Also Rosalina's idle standing pose isn't her standing (or hovering) straight I believe. There is another pose where she does but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Palutena is barely any taller than Pit in Uprising, as you can see in the Palutena boss fight in Uprising, and in the chart Ivan quote posted.

Here's a Rosalina height analysis:

And yes, it is true in the actual game. If you stand in front of Rosalina and go into first person mode in Galaxy, Mario is looking right at her crotch.
Jesus, man. I know Palutena is taller than Pit, but is she really that short XD I might ask the Palutena players for her height after showing them the picture.
Good question, Mac. If I see Rosalina in real life, then I would surprised, but pass out for seeing a giant woman at 7.7, taller than me XD

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The weird part of the size scaling system starts when you look at the character models from Twilight Princess though...

Notice how huge Ganondorf is when compared to even Midna's true form? Rosalina may be tall, but even she can't outsize a Beartic, and she's also shorter than a Rhyperior. Twilight Princess depicts Ganondorf to be about as tall as a Golurk, which is quite unheard of for the average humanoid.
Those are just the RAW model sizes, not how they are scaled in-game (unless Link and Zelda are even smaller than normal in that game).

Ganondorf's canon size is 7'6", as stated in Hyrule Historia. While many like to say "BUT THAT USES THE OCARINA OF TIME MODEL", take a look at this:

http://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,102/

This is an officially licensed statue of Twilight Princess Ganondorf made by First4Figures. It stands at 23 inches tall (including the base), and is stated as being "1/4 scale", meaning this statue is a quarter of Twilight Princess Ganondorf's actual height.

So to get Twilight Princess Ganondorf's canon height, you multiply the height of this statue by 4.

23 inches x 4 = 92 inches. Convert that into feet, and it's approximately 7'6" - the exact same height stated in Hyrule Historia (you could argue that the base being part of the measurement means TP Ganondorf is actually a few inches shorter than 7'6", but there is no real way to measure the height of just Ganondorf without the base unless you own the statue, so we'll go with 7'6").

Furthermore, in Hyrule Warriors, you can use both OoT Ganondorf and TP Ganondorf as alternate costumes, and they are both the exact same height (same with the Hyrule Warriors design):

So basically, all incarnations of Ganondorf stand at 7'6" (Wind Waker might be smaller but that also has a cartoony art style so it isn't a fair comapison). While that's a massive height, Rosalina's canon height is still just a little bit taller.

So basically, if they make a Super Mario Warriors, they better make Rosalina stand as tall as Ganondorf did in Hyrule Warriors, or we riot. :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Jesus, man. I know Palutena is taller than Pit, but is she really that short XD I might ask the Palutena players for her height after showing them the picture.
Good question, Mac. If I see Rosalina in real life, then I would surprised, but pass out for seeing a giant woman at 7.7, taller than me XD
I would be stunned by her height but awe at her beauty.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I definitely would not want to go ballin' with someone as tall as Rosalina. Really, she's like Andre the Giant.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

So basically, all incarnations of Ganondorf stand at 7'6" (Wind Waker might be smaller but that also has a cartoony art style so it isn't a fair comapison). While that's a massive height, Rosalina's canon height is still just a little bit taller.

So basically, if they make a Super Mario Warriors, they better make Rosalina stand as tall as Ganondorf did in Hyrule Warriors, or we riot. :p
I hope so too if that happens. This makes me believes that he'll make the playoffs with his height in the NBA XD.
Edit: Ok, nevermind, I guess XD Still I meant to copy so I can edit it on my other post which I hate using my wii u pad for the internet my computer don't work right now.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Me too; I forgot about the beauty part XD But still, like if she asks me to play basketball, then my answer will be no XD.
If Rosalina asks you to play basketball "with" her, that could mean that she'd like to have you as a teammate. If you're playing "against" Rosalina, however, then you could be in trouble, especially when she's wearing those high heels.

Edit: Rosalina races to victory.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Rosalina asks you to play basketball "with" her, that could mean that she'd like to have you as a teammate. If you're playing "against" Rosalina, however, then you could be in trouble, especially when she's wearing those high heels.

Wow, i is rare to see her smiling like this while racing.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

Only one thing to say about that picture. :pit:: Too Easy

High heels? I was about to ask about it, but since Super Mario 3D World is on the table, then I lose either way XD

Wow, i is rare to see her smiling like this while racing.
Well, she does smile on Mario Kart 8 and maybe on MKwii. Haven't play in a long time, so I don't know XD

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, she does smile on Mario Kart 8 and maybe on MKwii. Haven't play in a long time, so I don't know XD
But I have never seen her smile like that.

And recently watched some Rosalina Smash matches, and these really ticks me off, not because Rosalina just lost this match. In nearly every of these videos, it looks like that Rosalina is gonna win this match. But nope, in the she still lost this match... I know in Smash this happens often, but a bit too often I say...
Dat back throw...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^That seems to happen to a lot of competitive Rosalina players. It's a shame, makes us look real sloppy.

Even Mint (top Smash 4 player in Ireland, Rosalina is one of his mains) had a really poor showing as Rosalina recently. Got slaughtered by EOE's Peach, due to repeatedly making a lot of amateur mistakes. EOE didn't even play that exceptionally either (certainly wasn't using any amazing new strategies or anything), Mint was just doing that bad in his Rosalina sets.

He still won overall but he had to switch to Toon Link.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I just finished my second English HSC exam so NO MORE ENGLISH EVER!, and even used Rosalina's storybook as a related text for one.

The topic was transitions and we had to talk about how transitions can challenge our attitude and beliefs. Like how Rosalina attitude in the story is constantly changing (crying to promising Luma she'll take care of him) and how by the end she has fully accepted her role as mother and how she has matured into adulthood just like the Luma she cared for did.

The prescribed text for those wandering was a book called "The story of Tom Brennan" and it felt very English book like.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
^That seems to happen to a lot of competitive Rosalina players. It's a shame, makes us look real sloppy.

Even Mint (top Smash 4 player in Ireland, Rosalina is one of his mains) had a really poor showing as Rosalina recently. Got slaughtered by EOE's Peach, due to repeatedly making a lot of amateur mistakes. EOE didn't even play that exceptionally either (certainly wasn't using any amazing new strategies or anything), Mint was just doing that bad in his Rosalina sets.

He still won overall but he had to switch to Toon Link.
Um, why not just quote my posts? You know you can just quote my text and not the videos right?
I understand that I often overreacted whenever I saw Rosalina lost a match. But I would rather see her really lose the match like a slope, not seeing her almost wins the match, but actually got KOed by nice play, or even just lucky and cheap KOs.

I will check his match videos when I have the time.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm done with Ladder for now since stress is starting to corrupt my performance. I did pretty bad as Pikachu early against Luigi and have to switch to Rosalina. I couldn't use my up smash or pivot with it due to stress.

So I just finished my second English HSC exam so NO MORE ENGLISH EVER!, and even used Rosalina's storybook as a related text for one.

The topic was transitions and we had to talk about how transitions can challenge our attitude and beliefs. Like how Rosalina attitude in the story is constantly changing (crying to promising Luma she'll take care of him) and how by the end she has fully accepted her role as mother and how she has matured into adulthood just like the Luma she cared for did.

The prescribed text for those wandering was a book called "The story of Tom Brennan" and it felt very English book like.
Congratulations on using her story for the exam. I see that you made the right choice on that part.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

You made the right choice to use Rosalina's storybook as a topic for your HSC exam, my child. Very well done, indeed.
Um, why not just quote my posts? You know you can just quote my text and not the videos right?
I understand that I often overreacted whenever I saw Rosalina lost a match. But I would rather see her really lose the match like a slope, not seeing her almost wins the match, but actually got KOed by nice play, or even just lucky and cheap KOs.

Overreacting even over the smallest little detail is a good word to describe yourself, in which, if I have to be perfectly frank, it is starting to become extremely irritating. Only fanboys would overreact the way you did. :ohwell:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm done with Ladder for now since stress is starting to corrupt my performance. I did pretty bad as Pikachu early against Luigi and have to switch to Rosalina. I couldn't use my up smash or pivot with it due to stress.

Congratulations on using her story for the exam. I see that you made the right choice on that part.
Especially when this was the related text we learnt in class

Yeah, the song has a bunch of transitions, but it really doesn't mean much, its just him singing about different parts of this guys life. I think the idea is to talk about how water is used as some motif or something, maybe I could have talked about how the death of the guys wife made him more cautious then his father.

It wasn't even the only Paul Kelley song we learnt for English, we studied this one as a related text to Discovery, this one I used but only because it had more of a story format, and the prescribed texts weren't much better

Prescribed texts
http://www.realteachertutors.com.au/robert-gray-poetry-hsc-english-discovery/

We had to go into detail about two of these poems and a related text. I ended up doing North Coast Town and Meatworks since they were easily relatable.

I'm so happy I'm finished with English, although I'm not confident, since I only wrote two pages for each essay. And I don't think I talked enough about techniques for most of them (I think I forgot to mention the change in music when Rosalina's mother is revealed to be dead)

But I think I did a good job talking about the techniques used in the movie, A Beautiful Mind. Probably because I didn't need a related text.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Overreacting even over the smallest little detail is a good word to describe yourself, in which, if I have to be perfectly frank, it is starting to become extremely irritating. Only fanboys would overreact the way you did.
Oh really? I have take your previous posts as a warning, and I did try to stay calm when watching these matches. But only recent I found these match that I really have to talk about because it's always feel shamful when seeing your favorite character just have that upper hand and still lost the match. And I have to say I don't think it's overreacting when I pointed out small details on competitive matches, I just feel shamed when watching these. Furthermore why would you feel irritating when it's not like I made tons of rage posts about Rosalina losing a match, when I just share some videos and pointing out some details? And I also understand you don't even like watching competitive Smash matches...so...
Why share videos and just giving out my two-cents about the match makes me a fanboy? And, again, I have to say I'm not overreacting this time. Being serious on a competitive match isn't overreacting.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh really? I have take your previous posts as a warning, and I did try to stay calm when watching these matches. But only recent I found these match that I really have to talk about because it's always feel shamful when seeing your favorite character just have that upper hand and still lost the match. And I have to say I don't think it's overreacting when I pointed out small details on competitive matches, I just feel shamed when watching these. Furthermore why would you feel irritating when it's not like I made tons of rage posts about Rosalina losing a match, when I just share some videos and pointing out some details? And I also understand you don't even like watching competitive Smash matches...so...
Why share videos and just giving out my two-cents about the match makes me a fanboy? And, again, I have to say I'm not overreacting this time. Being serious on a competitive match isn't overreacting.
Well I'm very sorry I had to say that, Simon, but if it means taking a warning over something I'm being very honest about, then so be it. I'm not backing out from what I said until you learn to just suck it up and stop making such a big damn deal about seeing your favorite character getting their asses whooped in a match. You say you were not overreacting but when you said that those vids "ticks you off" says otherwise. And yeah, overreacting is something every fanboy would do.
Hi, how is everyone doing?
Just waiting til Monday night so I can make my triumphant return to work.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Tagging users would also do the trick. Anyway, quoted videos can be an eyesore for a moderator to deal with if the videos happen to break any rules here. And of course, there's the lag dilemma for having too many embedded videos on a single page.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

YES!!

Rosalina is always the answer! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom