• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 4 Fangame retitled Oddity

Oddity.jpg

For over 5 years a Mother 4 fangame has been in the works, with all association to Mother being cut in 2017. A new trailer has now been released under a YouTube account titled “O197X”, with the game officially renamed Oddity .

According to Mother 4 composer Shane Mesa, the Soundtrack has a 99.8% chance of being used in Oddity.

Oddity has a new release date of “when it’s ready”. You can check more progress on their Twitter at @OddityRPG and view the trailer below,

Author’s Note: Mother 4 now changed to Oddity? Hope to get my hands on this game soon. What do you think? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I remember seeing “Coming Winter 2014” so long ago, seems surreal it’s actually making progress now.

from a creative standpoint I’m really glad it decided to shed the Mother branding. Not only will it have a chance to actually survive, but also it will be able to be unrestricted in its creative process not worrying how it connects to the other games and allow for new ideas while still very much being inspired by Mother/Earthbound.

Retro City Rampage originally started life as Grand Theftendo before becoming it's own beast and later a success.
Oddity now walks the same path, and here's hoping it strikes as big as RCR did too.

Last edited:
Man it's been forever since I first heard about this project... Nice to know it's still being worked on. Maybe now that they dropped the "Mother" associations it can actually be a paid game, cause I would 100% pay them for their hard work and dedication.

Man it's been forever since I first heard about this project... Nice to know it's still being worked on. Maybe now that they dropped the "Mother" associations it can actually be a paid game, cause I would 100% pay them for their hard work and dedication.
That'll take a while, since they'll surely still intend to release it for free.

In the meantime, at least Shane Mesa seems more reasonable now.

Top Bottom