• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 3 producer talks about a Western release

mother-3-logo.jpg

Mother 3 still hasn't reached the west, but former Nintendo Treehouses employees Kit and Krysta talk on their podcast with producer Shinichi Kameoka about why Mother 3 has yet to see a worldwide release.

"Personally, I think the biggest selling point of Mother 3 is [creator] Shigesatao Itoi's unique writing style," Kameoka replied, "translating the charm and nuances of his writing into other languages is quite a challenge, and maybe that's why it's taken so long to consider international releases of Mother 3."

Many rumors over the years have popped up with regards to Mother 3 including a western release being dropped with concerns about the game's story. In an interview with Geoff Keighly, former Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has commented recently about a possible Mother 3 digital release. Talks were made between Reggie and former Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata before Iwata passed away.

Fans of the Mother franchise will have to wait longer for an official Mother 3 release, but Earthbound and Earthbound Beginnings are available to play on Nintendo Switch Online.

Author's Note: ...Wow. Color me shocked about all this news coming out with regards to Mother 3. Maybe this is the push that fans need to muster up their excitement for the game getting a worldwide release? I surely hope so. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

That's cool. I think we all kind of assumed similar reasons but it's nice to have official word on Mother 3's localization limbo.

I'm a little surprised we've gotten any kind of explanation about a possible reason to be honest. It's taken so long that I thought a worldwide release of Mother 3 had just hit the point of "never going to happen".

Top Bottom