• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most wanted characters in Smash?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Currently Assist Trophies:
- Ashley
- Lyn
- Isaac

Currently in a Final Smash:
- Kumatora
- Proto Man
- Mecha-Fiora

Currently Spirits:
- Shantae
- Bandana Dee
- Black Shadow
- Elma
- Impa
- Twintelle
- Medusa
- Celica (ergo part of a paired Spirit with Alm)
- Dixie Kong
- Chorus Kids

Currently part of a stage (not a boss):
- Pauline
- Captain Toad
- Viridi

Currently Mii Costumes:
- Rex

Currently absent altogether and not represented in any form:
- Neku Sakuraba
- KOS-MOS
- A Tales Of Series character, would prefer either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell (Pipe dream: Velvet Crowe)
- A Bravely Default/Second character, expect Agnès Oblige, prefer Edea Lee or Ringabel

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Top #10 Newcomer Character's I Want To See As Playable Fighter's In Super Smash Bros Ultimate (As Actual Playable Character's And Not Assist Trophies) (As Future DLC) (1-10)!

#1. A New Earthbound/Mother Character- Either The Masked Man/Claus (From Mother 3) Or Porky Minch (From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#2. Another New Donkey Kong Character- Either Dixie Kong Or Stanley The Bugman (From Donkey Kong 3)

#3. Travis Touchdown (From The No More Heroes Series) (Owned By Grasshopper Manufacture)

#4. Another New Metroid Character- Either Sylux (From Metroid Prime Hunters) Or Anthony Higgs (From Metroid: Other M)

#5. A Second Square Enix Character- Either Sora (From The Kingdom Hearts Series) Or Crono (From Chrono Trigger)

#6. A New Kirby Character- Either Prince Fluff (From Kirby's Epic Yarn) Or Adeleine (From Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)

#7. A Second Namco Bandai Character- Either Heihachi Mishima (From The Tekken Series) Or Klonoa (From The Klonoa Series)

#8. A New Kid Icarus Character- Either Medusa Or Hades (Both Are From Kid Icarus: Uprising)

#9. The Mach Rider (From Mach Rider On NES)

#10. A New Punch-Out Character- Either King Hippo Or Mr. Sandman (Both Are From Punch-Out On The Nintendo Wii)

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
My most wanted ones are in my sig but them aside Olberic from Octopath would be a good fit. You could have seven villagers as his end boss to emulate going into a town and knocking everyone the *&^% out while screaming MY SWORD IS UNBENDING!

qcblacklyn

Smash Rookie
1. Sora
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Mettaton
4. Kratos

^ Along with Joker who was my #1 this would be my perfect Fighter Pass Roster.

Others (In no particular order):
-Issac
-Geno
-Shadow
-Tales
-Marx
-Sans (Yes FR)
-Lloyd Irving
-Shovel Knight
-2B
-Roxas
-Rayman
-Bandana Dee
-Nathan Drake
-Master Chief
-Skull Kid
-Impa

Characters I want so other people are happy:
-Waluigi
-Erdrick (Only after Sora)
-Toad
-Shantae
-Ninten
-Dixie Kong
-Heihachi
-Rhythm Heaven REP

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Toad, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Dee are, I feel, the most needed characters. I'd like Zelda to have three new characters (if I had to pick, it'd be Impa, Skull Kid, and Midna), but I'll honestly take anyone at this point. Takamaru, Porky, and Isaac would be cool as well.

I don't have any third-party wants (I do have some characters that would be cool to see though) as Nintendo characters come first to me in Smash. I'll always take a Nintendo character over a third-party character, but that's not to say I don't enjoy the ones we have.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My most wanted character is Goemon the main protagonist of my favorite video game series the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series.

Other characters I want besides Goemon would be:

Banjo & Kazooie
Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky
Pig Ganon
Marina Liteyears
Zero
Tron Bonne
Shantae
Elma
Sephiroth
Geno
Boshi
Dr. Eggman
Metal Sonic
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Skull Kid
Impa
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Lanky Kong
Mach Rider
Wart
Ayumi Tachibana
Lip

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
*Sigh*. I know it’ll probably never happen, and I know I’ll catch a lot of hate, but Goku.
I would like Goku and other anime characters like Luffy, Sasuke, and Cell. But it would open up pandora's box and all people would be wanting would be anime, comic book, movie, and cartoon characters. I wouldn't be liking that at all one bit if the demand and conversation was just centered around non video game characters.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I would like Goku and other anime characters like Luffy, Sasuke, and Cell. But it would open up pandora's box and all people would be wanting would be anime, comic book, movie, and cartoon characters. I wouldn't be liking that at all one bit if the demand and conversation was just centered around non video game characters.
I just think that characters like Goku could be exceptions due to his gaming history. While he is first and foremost an anime character, he has more video game history than half of smash. I know it’s stupid, but that’s how I see it.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I want Bandana Dee, though I know he won’t happen given Sakurai’s position on modern Kirby.

Steve from Minecraft is probably my most wanted now and knowing he has like the strongest chance of any 3rd party makes me happy.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Heres my 10 most wanted characters

10: an new F-zero character, because we really need a new one, since :ultfalcon: is the only playable character representing this franchise since the first game. For the character, Black Shadow is the most likely one, but my main choice would be Bio-Rex.
9. Bandanna Dee, there is already waddle dee models in the game, so implanting a move set for that waddle dee to become Bandanna Dee would save time in developing this game
8. Midna, while she is an assist trophy now, she could have a chance in the future, with a unique move set. She would represent twilight princess, since Link, Zelda and Ganondorf changed designs
7. Dixie Kong, she can either be an Echo-Fighter of :ultdiddy: or a Pseudo Echo like Isabelle. She also helps team Donkey Kong Country with more representatives.
6 and 5. Shantae and Ray-Man, could not choose between them. They would be unique in the game, with some new deadly moves. Plus Risky and the Raving Rabbid would be assist trophies if they get in
4. Either Shadow or Knuckles, Sonic needs another character, and while Knuckles would be my next choice, Shadow would be easier, as he could be an Echo-Fighter or a Pseudo Echo
3. Steve, of all the gaming franchises, my most wanted franchise to be in Super Smash Bros is Minecraft, and Steve has a lot of interesting moves for this game. Steve will have a hunger bar underneath his health, making him different from everyone else. If Steve gets in, the Creeper could appear as an Assist Trophy, but I also wanted the Ender Dragon as a boss.
2. Fawful, I'm also a big fan of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (the first Nintendo game I got) and Fawful should appear in Super Smash Bros. He will not only represent the Mario and Luigi RPG series, but he is also a villain, and a comical villain at that. Midbus would appear as an assist trophy, plus Bowser would be given his voice from Bowser's Inside Story (Showtime!) and Bowser's Castle would be a stage.
1. :249:, of all the Pokémon, Lugia is my most wanted Pokémon, but also my most wanted fighter. Lugia would create wind based attacks, giving it uniqueness for the Pokémon. If Lugia makes it in some point in the future, I'd also like to see :248: as a Pokeball Pokémon, plus the return of Poke Floats and a new stage, being the Alolan Region, but also Giratina as a boss.

Just to clarify, :249: is my third favourite Pokémon, behind :ultlucario: (My favourite Pokémon) and :ultpikachu: (second favourite)

Honorable Mentions: Dark Bowser, Skull Kid, Adeline (strange that she has no spirit in this game), Krystal, Viridi, Chun Li, Bomberman and Shovel Knight

Of all these characters, Adeline and Steve are the most likely ones

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rayman
Crash
Doomguy
Viridi
Rodin
Banjo
Steve
Master Chief
Captain Toad
Spongebob (Let me have this one thing)
Dixie Kong

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
TierListforwant Roster.png

This. Almost entirely in this order too.

I'm not really hyped about the Fighters Pass as it's likely all going to be third parties and honestly I just haven't cared about what we've gotten from third parties since Ryu.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted are
  • Adeleine
  • Bandana Dee
  • Proto Man
  • Captain Toad
  • Dark Matter Swordsman
Other characters i would like to see are
  • Dark Meta Knight
  • Midna
  • Skull Kid
  • Impa
  • Vaati
  • Bass
  • Zero
  • Paper Mario
  • King Boo
  • Geno
  • Captain Syrup
  • Ashley
  • Kat and Ana
  • Ninten
  • Porky
  • Isaac
  • Lip
  • Dixie Kong
  • Krystal
  • Ray MK III
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Black Mage
  • Arle Nadja
  • Beat
  • Reimu Hakurei

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’d be 100% satisfied if I got these characters:
  • Dixie Kong or Dixie & Kiddy
  • Meowth or Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, Koffing)
  • Toad or Captain Toad with Toadette Echo Fighter

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Well here’s everyone that I would see myself getting excited about if they decided to throw them in the smash bros series as a playable character:

Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Krystal
Isaac (Golden sun)
Bandanna Dee
Bomberman
Ganon (classic pig form)
Shovel Knight
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Sora
Majora (the mask itself)
Knuckles
Dr. Eggman
Waluigi
Travis Touchdown
Rex & Pyra
(Basically any character from Dragon Quest)
Viridi
Spyro
Master Chief
Scorpion
Lyndis W/ archery

Everyone i’d have a meh, but cool I guess attitude towards:

Shadow
Blaze the cat
Tails
Viewtiful Joe
Minecraft Steve
Andy
Raiden (MGS)
Rayman
Crash
Springman
Elma
Geno
Birdo
Captain Toad
Tetra
Midna
(Any more FE or PKMN characters that aren’t on the previous list)
Pheonix Wright
Lara Croft
Vaati
Adeleine & Ribbon

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
These threads have been done to death. Haha I'm just going to list the characters that would complete Smash for me.

Skull Kid
Cranky Kong
Doc Louis
Ghirahim
Mimikyu
I'm adding Dixie Kong for my strict Nintendo bias.

Third party:

Dragonborn
Scorpion

Skankk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4871-8059-9598
I’d love to see a 3rd party from a great franchise that was really Nintendo-inspired. The N64/PS1 age was full of great platformers that we’re clearly inspired by the video game foundations set forth by Nintendo in the 90’s. It only makes sense to honor these characters in Smash. Plus, they’d probably be the most hype character announcement since Sonic in Brawl.

A few that come to mind are:
- Crash Bandicoot
- Conker
- Banjo & Kazoo
Conker was the first one that came to mind for sure. I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to think of iconic characters from the 90's. Granted I'm biased growing up with those games.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but someone like Barry Sanders from Tecmo Bowl would be interesting to see.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Geno
The Knight
Mona
Funky Kong
Skull Kid
Master Chief
Gordon Freeman/Chell

DJ_Pichu

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee
Magolor
Taranza
Hollow Knight
Miles "Tails" Prower
Chorus Kids
(no particular order btw)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong
Chun-Li
Lloyd Irving
Sora (Roxas echo)
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Isaac
Krystal
Impa
Elma
Rex & Pyrrha/Mythra
Springman (Ribbon Girl Echo)
Phoenix Wright
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Advance Wars Rep (Andy and/or Sami)
Shantae
Adeleine and Ribbon
Tetra/Toon Zelda
Jill Valentine
Leon Kennedy
Lara Croft
Midna
Terra Branford
Rayman
Lip

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I would certainly like Decidueye, Tails, Crash, or Sora.............that said, I would GLADLY trade all of those for as many Fire Emblem characters as Sakurai wants to get Banjo and Kazooie in the roster.

KoMallow

Smash Cadet
  • Sub-zero ( Mortal Kombat Series )

I feel like I have everyone I wanted within the roster, but, if I had to choose someone I wanted to see be translated into Super Smash Bros, it had to be Sub-zero from the Mortal Kombat series. Idk I feel like we are going to get an MK character because it is a good franchise overall with enough popularity and did have a impact on gaming. ( but don't take my words as true ) I feel like out of Scorpion and Sub-zero really, Sub-zero is more friendly to recreate. Besides, I might be a bit bias towards him considering everyone likes a backup Sub-zero and Scorpion. Other than that, I would just add characters like

• Banjo and Kazooie
  • Geno
  • Rex and Pyrrha
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shantae
  • Sora
Not because I want them but to give the fans what they want. I know they will make good choice regardless because I didn't expect Joker from Persona to be in a playable Super Smash Bros game. Just proves anything can happen really : )

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If they added Dixie Kong alone, I would be fully satisfied with the roster (though always room for more, for as long as there are cool video game characters ;)).

Aside from her, my biggest wants would be Banjo & Kazooie, Balloon Fighter, Geno, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman and any second Sonic character.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
My dream character, the one I want more than anyone else from any video game, is Viridi. I would absolutely love to see her get in as DLC. I'd also like to see Bandana Dee, Marx, Tails, Hector, Shantae or Shovel Knight. But honestly, I'm fine with the roster as long as Geno never lays foot on the battlefield, neither as an assist trophy nor as a character.

#10. A New Punch-Out Character- Either King Hippo Or Mr. Sandman (Both Are From Punch-Out On The Nintendo Wii)
Both were actually in the original NES Punchout btw

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I should just keep my copy and paste of the thirty most wanted characters, since it seems to stay roughly consistent:

Nintendo, series already in:
Eevee, Team Rocket, Paper Mario, Dixie, Captain Toad

Nintendo, new series:
Balloon Fighter, Chibi Robo, Panel de Pon, ARMS, Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, Excite Bike, Wars

Third Party Characters:
Banjo Kazooie, Lara Croft, Steve (Minecraft), Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman, Professor Layton, Rayman, Angry Birds, Scorpion (and Sub Zero), Jinbanyan, Doomguy, Slime, Heihachi, Jill Valentine, Agumon, Sora, Spyro the Dragon, Frogger.

Last edited:

KrownTown

Smash Rookie
Feels unlikely since not many ppl are asking for it but a Monster Hunter could be so cool.

Having different movesets for the different weapons in the game would be the dream but the more likely setup would be each move using a different weapon.
Could possibly have a rosalina/luma type thing with the palico.
Could use the sharpening mechanic which would be gimmicky but still cool.
For colour variations there could also be different armor sets.

4 real I'm getting hyped just thinking about it. Monster Hunter pls nintendo.

Top Bottom