• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most wanted characters in Smash?

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
Is there a character that you really wanted in smash? I would personally want Geno, but that's just me

Poudycat

Smash Rookie
Zero from Megaman Zero series. I love that ******* so much. I'm also a bit disappointed with Megaman's kit, I wish we had the X or battle network version and that his jab was different.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Bandana Dee, Magolor, Marx, Adeline and Ribbon, Master Chief, Viridi, Waluigi, Impa, Linkle, and many others.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Zero from Megaman with a moveset similar to his UMvC3 moveset would be really really cool. I’d pick him up in a second. A super fast glass canon kind of in the Fox archetype

I really wanna see Aloy from Horizon but that’s not happening. I wanna see a ton of PlayStation exclusive characters actually because other than Nintendo they have the most iconic and unique characters by far. I get the Mastercheif hype and he’s super iconic but moveset wise I don’t think he’d be that interesting

I also wanna see Banjo and Kazooie super badly because Banjo Kazooie was the first video game I ever played and they’ll always be Nintendo icons for me but I think pretty much everyone wants this

Other than that The Knight from Hollow Knight would be awesome

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I have some fan favorites and some weird ones.

Xurkitree
Reaper
Banjo
Crash
Bandana Dee
Tails
Paper Mario
Scorpion
Hollow Knight
Tetromino
Cuphead
Jibanyan

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I have some fan favorites and some weird ones.

Xurkitree
Reaper
Banjo
Crash
Bandana Dee
Tails
Paper Mario
Hollow Knight
Tetromino
Why Xurkitree in particular? I think the Tapu’s would be more interesting adds to the roster

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
My favorite Pokémon from Gen 7 due to its massive damage potential and crazy attacks. :)
Tapu Koko is also cool
I like Xurkitree a lot too and I use them on my competitive teams but I just think they may be kind of awkward movement and hit box wise. It could work and it would be interesting but Tapu Koko seems like the best fit in Smash

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
well Tapu Koko's already an item, but yeah they could remove him to be in the game
I’d definitely remove him to be in the game. Lele could work well too I think because other than Mewtwo we don’t really have any physic type Pokémon and Lele is very different from Mewtwo. Lele could end up being a very balanced fighter. Fini is my favorite but probably the least workable as a smash character

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I like Xurkitree a lot too and I use them on my competitive teams but I just think they may be kind of awkward movement and hit box wise. It could work and it would be interesting but Tapu Koko seems like the best fit in Smash
I would recommend checking out the moveset I made. It's in my signature

Praylewd

Smash Rookie
Always been a big supporter of Lloyd Irving but I think more iconic anime swordsmen have filled the niche ;( I also wanted Andy, Mona, Isaac and Ribbon Girl.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Waluigi
Ashley
Kat & Ana
Celica
Lyn
Tetra
Andy (Advance Wars)
Decidueye
Terry Bogard
Kyo Kusanagi
Everyone else in my signature.

CaP_Omega

Smash Apprentice
Characters I want to be playable characters:
  • Ray 01, from Custom Robo
  • Vent/Aile, from Megaman ZX
  • G-Red/Neo G-red, from Gotcha Force
  • Shovel Knight, from Shovel Knight. But playable. Grrrrr.
  • Kyo Kusanagi, from King of Fighters
I know they're never gonna be part of the roster, but that's who I want lol

R O F L

Smash Ace
My current most wanted characters are:

Louie.... with a unique moveset. He's the second most major Pikmin character and the villain of Pikmin 2. He definitely has potential to have a unique moveset, if they craft his moveset properly (like the one I made), then he could be a summoner character, and kind of character we currently don't have.

Magolor. A personal favorite character of mine, he scored well on the Japanese ballot so there's that.

King Boo. What got me to like him were the Mario Spinoffs, but LM was good too. :p

Chibi-Robo. He's a first party not in Smash, I like his games game, and he's cool. So why not?

Others are:
Paper Mario
Shovel Knight
Steve
Bandana Waddle Dee
Plasm Wraith

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Most Wanted:

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Skull Kid
-Geno
-Steve
-Creeper
-Gengar
-Sans & Papyrus
-Ninten
-Porky Minch
-Team Rocket Jessie, James, Meowth, and their Pokemanz

Others I would love/like as well:

-Chorus Kids
-Louie
-Alph (separate from Olimar)
-President of Hocotate Freight
-Plasm Wraith
-Bulborb
-Cuphead and his pal Mugman
-Goomba
-Boshi
-Mallow
-Waluigi
-Paper Mario
-Dimentio
-Raichu
-Mimikyu
-Wurmple
-Eevee
-Marx
-Dark Matter
-Adeleine
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Slime
-Black Mage
-Agumon
-Robo from Crono Trigger
-Popeye
-Wallace and Gromit
-Shrek
-Frisk
-Flowey
-Asriel
-Napstablook
-Mettaton
-Lancer
-Jevil

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
As of now...

-Zero (Mega Man X)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes)
-Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)
-Hollow Knight

Those are the only characters I would jump out my chair for TBH, other honorable mentions would be Travis Touchdown, 2B, and Heavy Weapons Guy.

Joker from Persona 5 was my most wanted character by a long margin, so I'll be content regardless of whether or not the last 4 DLC characters end up being characters from my wishlist.

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
I’d love to see a 3rd party from a great franchise that was really Nintendo-inspired. The N64/PS1 age was full of great platformers that we’re clearly inspired by the video game foundations set forth by Nintendo in the 90’s. It only makes sense to honor these characters in Smash. Plus, they’d probably be the most hype character announcement since Sonic in Brawl.

A few that come to mind are:
- Crash Bandicoot
- Conker
- Banjo & Kazoo

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I will literally take anyone. Master Chief, Steve, Geno, Rayman, Erdrick, Shrek, Sora, Goku, Corey Baxter, Waluigi, Sans, etc. I just always find the experience of getting a new Smash character exhilerating. Except for more Marth clones. You can put in more original FE characters, even do echoes of ones who don't have any, just no more Marths. I was fine with Chrom, but I feel like we've milked Marth's moveset way too much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I already got my most wanted this time around :ultchrom:, but as far as other characters I'd like, here are my top five.

- Celica
- Crash
- Henry Fleming
- Waluigi
- Caeda

I don't have any. I'm just waiting for the day the roster is cut.
In an optimistic or pessimistic way? I can't see why people would want fewer characters.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't have a particularly long list of characters I want, which has its pros and cons. As a pro, I only need to get one or two of them and I'll be completely satisfied. As a con, I'm less likely to get one of those characters as it's a short list.

All I really need for a perfect roster is Skull Kid. Him and Midna would effectively 'fix' Zelda's character representation in Smash (they could also throw in Impa for good measure as an alt/echo for Sheik). However, neither Skull Kid or Midna has any chances this time round as they're both assist trophies so I'm not holding out hope.

My second most wanted is Paper Mario, whose chances I feel mixed about. I feel that he's one of those choices that's slept on: he always seems to do well in fan polls and I can imagine he did quite well in the ballot. Furthermore, he could be an attractive pick to Nintendo as people would recognise the character even if they weren't familiar with the Paper Mario games. However, an issue with his inclusion - and a major one - is that the poor sales of Color Splash probably sends out the message to Nintendo that Paper Mario isn't popular (and not that they just don't happen to like the direction the series has taken ...).

My third most wanted is Rayman. I think he has some really strong points in his favour as possible DLC, mostly around Nintendo and Ubisoft's relationship and the latter having being allowed to use the Mario IP. However, Rayman is a spirit which may or may not mean anything. Also, he's not very well known in Japan which could give Nintendo second thoughts about including him as DLC.

My other most wanted characters are Professor Layton - who hasn't been deconfirmed yet but I really don't rate his chances - and ... Master Hand. No, I'm not joking, I genuinely want a fully playable Master Hand on the roster.

Any other characters I might want I don't really give any consideration to. These include random Pokemon like Flygon or Sudowoodo. Yeah, I'd love it if they got in, but their chances as non-starter Pokemon from a past generation makes them extremely unlikely.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
In an optimistic or pessimistic way? I can't see why people would want fewer characters.
Neither. Rather, I am focused on the professional and logistical perspective. With too many characters in the roster, this requires players to have to learn way more match-ups than before. While it's possible to do so, put it this way. Imagine if you wanted to learn just about every character and you focused your time to one character a week, starting with Bayonetta and onward. It'd take a year to play 52 characters. You could break it down to a day, but a day isn't really enough. In fact, when you think about it, unless you're going to spend more than 8 hours a day, those hours spent aren't even equivalent to a year. You'd have to play 24 hours a day, and that's just impossible.

Another thing to consider is that most professional players don't spend their time using every character, let alone caring to use most characters in spite of the fact that the one thing players seem to want the most are more characters. Having more characters might satisfy one's desire to play as a specific character, but even that's not guaranteed. It's impossible to satisfy everyone. This is why I'm so keen on the idea of a protagonist-antagonist concept, which started in SSBU based on those pictures in one of the Nintendo Directs. I think it was 8.8.18. Dropping characters could introduce more characters. Who is the villain for Fire Emblem, for example? Why not introduce Medeus?

While most people want to play certain characters, I think characters who have made a significant impact in the video gaming industry should be added. Popularity is secondary and it's subjective. If we went purely by Nintendo characters first and dropped characters who don't have antagonists, which I mean to refer to as villains, then the roster as is can be cut down to 26 characters. Of these 26, you'd have new characters, such as Black Shadow, Octoling, Medeus, Porky, Plasm Wraith, and Medusa. And this is before introducing deuteragonists/supporting characters. The question is, are these deuteragonists/supporting characters leeching popularity, or are they significant to video gaming history?

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
To be honest Dixie is the only one I'm really asking for though some others like Shantae, Bandana Dee, Lip from Panel de Pon would be great too.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm still waiting on the Demi-fiend or any other Shin Megami Tensei character. It's been 14 or so years and he's still my most wanted.
2dc991d8c183c5b8a13991484fa84345.jpg
Chances of that are now nigh impossible due to Joker being Atlus's character though...

Last edited:

GeorgeMV

Smash Rookie
My top most wanted:
-Crono
-Crash
-Decidueye
-Pyra/Mythra
-Shantae
-Shadow
- Pokemon Trainer Gold/Crystal

Mister.Kim1

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2558-6837-3970
My Smash Roster wishlist ever since I started to play Smash:
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Dr Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Best I can think of.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I just want Rayman.

If spirits don't deconfirm I'd say he has a good shot

Oddball

Smash Lord
Ganon, the big blue pig monster
Pious Agustus from Eternal Darkness
Mike Jones from Star Tropics
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Shantae
Captain N the Game Master

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Sephiroth
Krystal
Pauline
Ghirahim
Bomberman
Captain Toad
Porky
Tifa
Marx
Terra
Hades
Cuphead with a Mugman alt
Impa
Banjo
Kefka
Sora

And a way out there character:
Gendo Ikari or Kaworu Nagisa

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Id want all DC and marvel heroes in smash bros and, id want batman to be top SS tier by default because hes batman.

Aaron15674

Smash Rookie
Oh man, almost anything but another generic sword-wielder.

Mega Man - Protoman, Bass
Mario Bros. NES Games - Birdo, Wart, Toad, Koopa/Dry Bones, King Boo
Mario RPG - Mallow, Geno, Boshi
Ninja Gaiden - Ryu Hayabusa
Mother Series - Jeff, Paula, Poo
Pokemon - A Team Rocket-style version of Pokemon Trainer with 3 core Rocket 'mons (like Raticate, Meowth, Hypno, etc.)

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Ninten, Proto Man, Chandelure, Sylux,

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
Super Mario
  • Paper Mario
  • Captain Toad
Legend of Zelda
  • Champions (as a group character à la Pokémon Trainer)
  • Midna
  • Impa (as a Sheik echo)
  • Skull Kid
Metroid
  • Sylux
Kirby
  • Bandana Dee
  • Magolor
  • Dark Matter

Star Fox
  • Krystal
Mother
  • Ninten (as a Ness echo)
Series currently not represented in Smash
  • Isaac
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Chorus Kids
  • Lip
  • Ray MK III
Original to Smash
  • Sandbag

Third Parties - I'd be cool with any of these characters getting in, though I still think that Smash has enough third-party characters and that some of the ones that made it into the game really shouldn't be in there. Ideally, some of those characters would be cut to make room for some of these guys.
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Bomberman
  • Rayman
  • Shovel Knight

Top Bottom