• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying spikes

Spyncar

Smash Rookie
I’m making a YouTube video ranking all the best spikes in Smash Ultimate. I have a rough list made up of which ones go where but I’d like to take it the opinions of others so let me know what you think:) who has the most SATISFYING spike in Ultimate

R O F L

Smash Ace
It might just be me, but it feels to freaking good to get a lower % Purple Pikmin spike with Olimar.

Definitely the most satisfying IMO.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:ultdoc:'s down air and :ultlucas:'s back air.

Last edited:

R-senpai

Smash Cadet
Even though I really like Shulk, and his down air, I feel as if it's only satisfying whenever you combo into it

:ultfalcon:'s is definitely the best and most satisfying spike.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It may not be the most satisfying but :ultzelda:'s is underrated. I love getting that sweetspot.

I think :ultpit: and :ultmarth: deserve honorable mentions for their sweetspots as well. Pit's may be weak but even if it doesn't kill he can still go deep enough for a follow up spike, and Marth's tippers are always satisfying when you can get them to land.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Ganondorf and Mario come to mind immediately. Mega Man's is also pretty solid because you get to watch the fist go down and hit them.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I think Ganondorf, Mario, DK (Fair), and K. Rool (Bair) have the meatiest spikes. Ganondorf has the electric freeze-frames to give it that extra punch, and the others just have the perfect "dunk" animations. Honorable mention to Dedede Dair, which has an animation that looks like it should be meaty, but the blunt hammer hit sound effect kind of neuters it.

Landing Pit's and Ike's spikes is satisfying in that it's inordinately difficult to actually land those things with their small, precise spike sweetspots. (Conversely, spikes that are too easy to land like Ivysaur or Kirby Dair are proportionately less hype.)

And of course, not much beats landing a suicidal stall and fall Dair spike offstage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing better than mindlessly playing :ultfalcon: and one of his many spikes connect.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I will never not love stage spikes caused by hydrant dropped off the side to hit low recovering enemies. It's legit the greatest thing in my life.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
#1 rule of thumb when playing K. Rool is that you always go for the dunk regardless of whether you're sure it's going to work or not.

Top Bottom