• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most satisfying projectile to reflect

Which projectile is the most satisfying to reflect?

• Fully charged shot from Samus, Lucario, etc.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Cloud Limit Break projectile

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Isabellle/Villager slingshot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Villager Lloid rocket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon/Richter cross

• Piranha Plant poison cloud

• Dedede gordo

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Any Pikmin

• Any Link's boomerang

• Young Link bomb arrow

• Rob's fully charged eye laser

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • K. Rool's cannonball

• Duck Hunt's clay pigeon

• PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Personally, gotta go with Cloud's limit break projectile mainly b/c Cloud is one of the characters I most struggle against and they always seem to forget I can reflect it. Super satisfying to bait them into it.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Hitting the baseball bat on Samus’s charge shot to win the game is one of the best feelings. Definitely the most satisfying to reflect

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
Generally speaking shine reflecting charge shots is my favorite, but I find a subtle satisfaction with consistent retorting of small nuisance projectiles like when Pichu is throwing jolts out or anything from Pac-Man's neutral B.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
I always feel joy seeing Villager and Isabelle get rekt, so reflecting their projectiles is sweet justice against these Animal Crossing reps who invalidate most characters options just with their Pocket (poor King K. Rool and ROB, outright getting their projectiles removed from the game in these match-ups).

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
K Rool's cannonball. If they reflect it back, Palutena's shield is still typically active, which reflects and basically 0% kills due to the multipliers of each of the three reflects.

Okamu

Smash Rookie
Clearly none of you have reflected a charged Snake USmash. So good.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Reflecting Cloud's Limit Blade Beam is the best because it's so much more of a commitment for him. Limit takes so much longer to charge than Samus/Mewtwo/Lucario's, only lasts those 15 seconds, and using Limit as an attack also comes at the cost of using it to recover. So having them build up all that stock in one move, just to not only have it not work, but get reflected back at them is just delicious.

I did this to a Quick Play Cloud with Zelda.
I was charging a Phantom in neutral so he throws out Limit Blade Beam hoping to catch me while I'm still charging it. Not only do I get the Phantom fully charged and into its delay state, I also have time to Nayru the Blade Beam, which gets reflected back right as the Phantom lunges at him. He gets hit by both his own Limit attack and the fully charged Phantom for like 70% and is KTFO so hard he rage quit his final stock. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. I was in a match just the other day where we were both final stock, I encouraged him to use it, and then I used Palutena's reflector. He thought he was sly by using Confusion on it, but he did it too close to me and my reflector glass was still up. Part of the Shadow Ball got through and smashed my shield, but it also bounced back and he killed himself.

Pretty dramatic end to it all. He said "Lucky!" after the match and immediately left after that.

Zelda's Phantom is a pretty close 2nd though in general. So many of them attempt to edgeguard with it and don't expect it to come hurling back to them.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. I was in a match just the other day where we were both final stock, I encouraged him to use it, and then I used Palutena's reflector. He thought he was sly by using Confusion on it, but he did it too close to me and my reflector glass was still up. Part of the Shadow Ball got through and smashed my shield, but it also bounced back and he killed himself.

Pretty dramatic end to it all. He said "Lucky!" after the match and immediately left after that.

Zelda's Phantom is a pretty close 2nd though in general. So many of them attempt to edgeguard with it and don't expect it to come hurling back to them.
Oh my the phantom counts as a projectile?? I had no clue I could reflect that. Now I'm basically gonna go out of my way to reflect one next time I face a Zelda, even if it costs me a stock.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Clearly none of you have reflected a charged Snake USmash. So good.
Last I checked, all reflectors only influence a projectile's horizontal direction; they don't actually modify vertical motion. If you reflect Pikachu or Pichu's Thunder, it still comes down on top of them — the only thing that changes is that the lightning bolt is now your projectile, so Pikachu/Pichu gets zapped. Then again, I've had PK Thunder bounce off reflectors at all sorts of angles.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Oh my the phantom counts as a projectile?? I had no clue I could reflect that. Now I'm basically gonna go out of my way to reflect one next time I face a Zelda, even if it costs me a stock.
Yeah, it's been a projectile since its inception in Smash4. Careful reflecting it in Ultimate though, because if Zelda fully charges it so she can move before it attacks, she has time to put up her own reflector and reflect the reflected Phantom back at you...

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
I love getting hit by PK Fire, using Nayru's to make the fire mine, and watching them sometimes just run into the thing. Yes it's self destructive, yes it only works on bad players, I don't care, it's hilarious. Crash bomb and poison cloud are in a similar boats.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Idk if it still works in Ultimate because of the counter getting merged with it, but in Smash 4 it was definitely Villager’s Tree :)

Okamu

Smash Rookie
Last I checked, all reflectors only influence a projectile's horizontal direction; they don't actually modify vertical motion. If you reflect Pikachu or Pichu's Thunder, it still comes down on top of them — the only thing that changes is that the lightning bolt is now your projectile, so Pikachu/Pichu gets zapped. Then again, I've had PK Thunder bounce off reflectors at all sorts of angles.
I think it's case by case. Villager's Bowling Ball for example gets a small vertical boost before falling back down. With Snake USmash though, if they try and hit you with it while you're in the air, it just gets sent straight back down. It's suuuuper satisfying. Alternatively, if you reflect it just as it comes out, it goes through the whole arc, and might come back down on top of them if they go in for a grab/attack. I've gotten stocks both ways. It's just super funny to watch their mindgames fall apart and do them in.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
CLouds Limit,
ThenSamus's etc,
Then Rob
Then pika fire pika fire! (Loves to make that little snake suffer with his own fire)

Special mention to Villagers Tree. Omg that was satisfying in smash 4. Instant nuke

Last edited:
Top Bottom