• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Salt-Inducing Taunt?

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Who’s taunts do you think are the best for infuriating their opponents, getting them heated and making them rage?

I personally think that :4peach:’s side taunt, “Lalalala Laaa Laaa!” is the most effective. She sings and dances so tauntingly, infuriating the foe and egging them on to keep attacking. It’s a great rage inducer and mindgame, and something I like to abuse as a Peach main myself ;)

I’m curious to see what other people think. Please explain why you think a specific taunt is annoying if you can.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I would agree that Peach's lalala taunt is the most effective. Then there's Wolf's "What's the matter? Scared?" And every taunt Sonic has makes you want to punch him in the face.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think for me personally it's Wolf's howl. I had a friend who played Wolf a lot in Brawl, and he seemed to Taunt WAY more often when he played Wolf, particularly the Howl.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't have infuriating. But god do I hope Wolf still has "What's the matter, scared?" that is my favorite taunt of all time. Since I will be playing Wolf a lot I NEED it back!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Definitely Duck Hunt’s taunt, it infuriated me when he laughed at me for missing ducks in the original game and still kinda does in Smash, but I use him as a main to troll all my friends, so more or less, it infuriates them now lol :laugh:

53D17D3B-BA8C-4241-A42B-D4CEE8B3FF48.jpeg

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
"You're not ready" - M. Robin. Had a 1v1 with a bad Cloud where the taunt was necessary when he proceeded to rage SD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just the way Bayonetta dances around when she taunts makes me want to die. But mainly because every time I play a Bayo the minute they get a chance they taunt. Kill me

Last edited by a moderator:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Just the way Bayonetta dances around when she taunts makes me want to die. But mainly because every time I play a Bayo the minute they get a chance they taunt. Kill me
Worse part is, Bayonetta's taunts can be cancelled. There's no way to punish them for this.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
From Human Players: None of them. I'm already salty when I get KO'd to begin with, so the person taunting doesn't really affect me all that much. Although Sonic's Side-Taunt in Smash 4 does make me a little sad, since Roger Craig Smith has never said the infamous "You're too slow!" line. :C

From CPUs: Any of them, All of them, regardless of what the taunt actually is.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Everything Fox does to taunt me. Bonus points if it's dash dance/shine dance and not actually a taunt.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It's okay. You can admit that my boi's taunts anger you. This is a safe place, Zinith can't get to you here....

Oh wait...
Yoshi's taunts aren't really that invigorating except for his down taunt, bet even then it's not as bad as Zelda's/Peach's/Wario's

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede's crouch animation, and it's only going to get worse (or better if you will) with that incredibly smug expression he now has in Ultimate. My brother mains Dedede, so yeah.

D

Deleted member

It's okay. You can admit that my boi's taunts anger you. This is a safe place, Zinith can't get to you here....

Oh wait...
Yoshi taunts are actually pretty cute tho. Except his down taunt lol.

Yoshi's taunts aren't really that invigorating except for his down taunt, bet even then it's not as bad as Zelda's/Peach's/Wario's
I pretty much only use Zelda's d-taunt when someone that previously disrespected me in FG. Its very useful for those people because oh boy do they get salty XD

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For old school taunting, can't go wrong with Duck Hunt.

I would agree that Peach's lalala taunt is the most effective. Then there's Wolf's "What's the matter? Scared?" And every taunt Sonic has makes you want to punch him in the face.
Actually, with Roger Craig Smith being Sonic's new VA, the taunt lines have been changed to be less annoying ( You're too slow! -> Sonic Speed!).

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman

Actually, with Roger Craig Smith being Sonic's new VA, the taunt lines have been changed to be less annoying ( You're too slow! -> Sonic Speed!).
That is true. It is an improvement. It went from really ******* annoying to just really annoying. XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That is true. It is an improvement. It went from really ******* annoying to just really annoying. XD
To me, I consider it semi-tolerable now, and not "good lord, stop assaulting my ears".

Come to think of it, any variation of Pikachu's taunts can count as annoying. Meanwhile, Kirby's somehow started out as cute, then annoying in Melee, then back to cute again afterwards.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Dedede's crouch animation, and it's only going to get worse (or better if you will) with that incredibly smug expression he now has in Ultimate. My brother mains Dedede, so yeah.
LOL! God I can't wait! My neice and my best friend can't STAND when I do that with Dedede. Everytime one of them SD's. I immediately crouch with Dedede it's SOOO good.

Arthur97

Smash Master

They're annoying because they aren't annoying. Or maybe depressing is the word.

HungryHouse

Smash Rookie
Peach’s side taunt is super annoying. I think the way she sings and dances gives off a message like “Come on, hit me if you can~” so she is literally taunting you and it burns my mind. It gives off this message because she’s dancing and making herself look vulnerable but also mocking you with an annoying song to anger and bait you into attacking her.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Peach’s side taunt is super annoying. I think the way she sings and dances gives off a message like “Come on, hit me if you can~” so she is literally taunting you and it burns my mind. It gives off this message because she’s dancing and making herself look vulnerable but also mocking you with an annoying song to anger and bait you into attacking her.
Exactly! It’s a great mindgame because she’s taunting in a way that will tilt the opponent and make them play recklessly. Her song and dance really provoke her opponent and challenge their mentality.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Taunts overall infuriate me but Peach's "lalalalala" one as y'all said really takes the cake

Whirlpool33

Smash Rookie
Peach’s side taunt is the only one that legitimately makes me angry. Her singing and dancing is so humiliating and gets me frustrated quickly.

...But what REALLY pisses me off is when she goes “Ohhhh, Did I Win????” on the victory screen. That makes me ****ing lose it. She’s actually taunting you on the victory screen and it gets to me so much.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Peach’s side taunt is the only one that legitimately makes me angry.
I’ve heard people say this before about :4peach:’s taunt, and I can understand why. There aren’t many taunts in this game which outright taunt the opponent, and are instead just poses or phrases. :4peach:‘s taunt, on the other hand, is designed to get under your skin. She sings and dances tauntingly to mess with their brain, tempting them to become aggressive by provoking and baiting them with her condescending tone and mocking dance so that they mess up and make more mistakes.

She gets in their head, burns them up and uses their emotions to her advantage. It’s not only the player that’s trying to annoy you; it’s the character herself too! That’s why it gets to people more than other taunts.

Last edited:

Whirlpool33

Smash Rookie
I’ve heard people say this before about :4peach:’s taunt, and I can understand why. There aren’t many taunts in this game which outright taunt the opponent, and are instead just poses or phrases. :4peach:‘s taunt, on the other hand, is designed to get under your skin. She sings and dances tauntingly to mess with their brain, tempting them to become aggressive by provoking and baiting them with her condescending tone and mocking dance so that they mess up and make more mistakes.

She gets in their head, burns them up and uses their emotions to her advantage. It’s not only the player that’s trying to annoy you; it’s the character herself too! That’s why it gets to people more than other taunts.
That makes perfect sense. It’s ****ing infuriating and it’s so hard for me to keep my cool after she does that taunt. I still hate her condescending win quote more than anything else though.

Top Bottom