• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Shinobi (MPS) Racine, WI 8/22/09

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
You should do 50/30/10/5/2.5/2.5. LOL ganon is such a joke character in brawl because that much is ture, but i have never been to a RL tournament so i should not have any input upon this at all XD
^^^
fixed

BTW Bando said he will MM u up to 20$

Oh BTW

ill be bringing a hacked wii, w/texture hacks if wanted/EX3/Rev2/Gnt4 with all characters/and maybe even pokemon puzzle league and kirby's avalanche

Kirk

Smash Champion
Rykoshet and I are taking Brawl doubles, make a note of it. :D

And were bringing a **** load of Illinois peoples lol.

See you guys there!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
EVERYONE THIS IS A FINAL REMINDER TO...

PLEASE BRING "FULL" SET UPS AND "CHAIRS"!!!

PLEASE!!! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE...I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Oh and all side tournament today, which will start at 12:00 noon will be free to enter. The only ones that u pay for iz SC4 (which will be $2 to enter) and Naruto Rev 2 (which will be $1).

here's a couple quick notes i took about how this is all going down:

* cancel blazblue tournament (it honestly has zero interest) for free sc3 tournamemnt
* after sc3 tournament run sc4 (ask if willing to pay no more than $5)
* after sc4 tournament run naruto rev2/gnt4/dgnt4 tournaments (ask if willing to pay $1)
* during naruto rev2/gnt4/dgnt4 run ssbm (let melee players decide on how much they'd be willing to pay at tournament)
* after naruto rev2/gnt4/dgnt2 run naruto accel 2
* after naruto accel 2 run free melty blood: AA tournament.
* what ever we don't run we can run at lock-in

:psycho:

good times to come folks...

BO: NNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnonooooo :(

I needed someone cute to stare at (J/K...or haha). I guess I'll look in a mirror now! lmfao. :bee:

Scythe

Smash Master
nice chilling with everyone. Lots of fun playing friendlies Ethan!

Pete434

Smash Cadet
This was a very fun tournament. Can't wait for the results thread so I can get some shoutouts goin.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Great tourney as always webster!

This was my first real tourney in probably 4-5 months, and I'm happy with how everything turned out. Getting back into the scene is something I very wish to pursue, so I'm glad this first step turned out to be a good one.

Though, I am quite sad that crews never happened. :/

yoshq

Smash Master
I did horrible but I pulled off some awesome comboes, it was weird. anyway can someone make an AIB version of this so it can be in our results.

and Idk what you guys are complaining about, we took a van and had a total of 6 people in it, WITH SMASH setup in the back seat, tv and all. and we all had our own seats. you guys need to get some vans ;)

Quik17

Smash Ace
yah this was a fun tourney. Sucks that melee couldn't happen :( If there's a results thread, I'll post some shoutouts there.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
guys this tournament waz a great success. thank u everyone who came to this tournament. we had 42 players for brawl singles. and like 13 teams for doubles. WAY MORE THAN I EVEN EXPECTED. and the level of talent at this tournament waz simply wonderful. is this a preview of what's to come in september...when i raise the entrance fee to $10. we'll have to run the tournament and find out. :)

now for some bad news:

i can't upload any tournament results cuz my laptop battery died. someone must have picked up the charger to my laptop on accident when everyone who wasn't still active in the tournament had to leave at 8pm. the only people with laptops at the tournament were me, ryzen and his friend. and they were sitting pretty close to where i had my laptop stationed and plugged in. when they left my laptop waz still there but the charger waz gone.

again they probably took it on accident. but i need that charger back immediately.

so ryzen and yogehi, if u guys see this post please hit me up and lets try to get that charger back to me asap. if u have it of course...:)

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
guys this tournament waz a great success. thank u everyone who came to this tournament. we had 42 players for brawl singles. and like 13 teams for doubles. WAY MORE THAN I EVEN EXPECTED. and the level of talent at this tournament waz simply wonderful. is this a preview of what's to come in september...when i raise the entrance fee to $10. we'll have to run the tournament and find out. :)

now for some bad news:

i can't upload any tournament results cuz my laptop battery died. someone must have picked up the charger to my laptop on accident when everyone who wasn't still active in the tournament had to leave at 8pm. the only people with laptops at the tournament were me, ryzen and his friend. and they were sitting pretty close to where i had my laptop stationed and plugged in. when they left my laptop waz still there but the charger waz gone.

again they probably took it on accident. but i need that charger back immediately.

so ryzen and yogehi, if u guys see this post please hit me up and lets try to get that charger back to me asap. if u have it of course...:)
good/ load it to AIB

Rogue

Smash Cadet
Dedede/Zelda player from IL here. We had such a blast, the tournament had a really great turnout, and there were a lot of setups.

Thanks to everyone that I got to play. :)

Arty

Smash Lord
Here are some more expanded results then since it might take some time for Webster to get his charger back.

Singles

1. Quik :wario:
2. Fatboy :metaknight:
3. Arty :falco: / :gw:
4. Kirk :ike: / :bowser2:
5. Grimace :snake:
5. SimaMatty :dedede: / :fox:
7. Tapion :snake: / :pit:
7. Ryzen Xia :falco:
9. Scythe :lucario: / :metaknight:
9. Fade :metaknight: / :dedede:
9. Rykoshet :ike:
9. KenniSpam :shiek:
13. Wafles :metaknight: / :falco: / :snake:
13. Folk :marth:
13. Akashi :snake:
13. J-Blan :snake:
17. Ook :dk2:
17. YoshQ :luigi2:
17. Jose :dedede:
17. Polska :lucario: / :wolf:
17. Rogue :dedede:
17. DLA :ganondorf:
17. Jahorodon :falco:

Teams

1. Fatboy / Grimace
2. Arty / Ryzen Xia
3. Quik / Scythe
4. Kirk / Rykoshet
5. Tapion / EighteenSpikes

I don't remember any other results.
You guys are going to have to wait for the results thread for complete results.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Arty, I used Falco + Snake just as much as I used MK. lol..

This was a fun tournament, even if I had an icky bracket =(
Big tournout was a blast, I hope as many come next time

I'll post some shoutouts soon if there's no results thread.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Great tourney, what was lacking in seats was made up for by the fact that I could breathe and wasnt sweating my brain out. It was nice to meet the various IL and WI players (dropping like 20+ names right now is something im a little too lazy to do). Quik downright destroyed me and I think the idea that I pretty much blew the first set sat in my head the second time when he was just playing that much better. Good games to everyone I played, jonathan, andrew (I apologize for getting your name wrong, that was rude of me), dajayman, ook, kashi, if I forgot anyone that I played I'm sorry.

Fun time. Hopefully I'll be able to come around again another time.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
This was a pretty fun tourney. I was hesitant on coming due to me losing interest in smash but I'm really glad I came anyway. Did pretty good (way better than I was expecting, whoa.) and it was really nice to see everyone again. Good games again to everyone I played!

If this is a monthly, I'll definitely be sure to come to those as well granted I'm not busy/tight on money. Just hope there's a blazblue tourney next time, I wanted to try it out yesterday but saw no setups >:

I'll do shoutouts in the results thread I suppose.

Rogue

Smash Cadet
I was told I got 17th. I never got to see my results, so we'll see!

Two specific shoutouts for the moment.. @1st is to the guy I played my first set with (I'm SO sorry, I forgot your name). You were doing well but I think you cracked under pressure. :(

Second is to @Tapion for ****** me with Pit. That was beautiful to watch.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Shoutouts!

@Arty - *pew pew* DDR was fun, but not fun enough since basic was boring. :/

@ Snake player in green shirt (didn't catch your name) - Good sh*t! Nice Snake, you handled my Ness shenanigans in LM well.

@ Polska - Wouldn't have made it if you didn't give me a ride. Thank you kind sir.

@Ook - Best DK in the world. If I ever face you in tournament (that would be auto-lose for me ;_;) I am going to pick Delfino so you can hop in the water and shake it off.

@Ryko - Didn't fall for my LM shenanigans either, you're too good. ;_;

@Raidos - Fun Ness dittos. Will be hoping to see you again.

@Webster - Thanks for hosting another awesome tournament and for being such a funny, cool guy! Hope you find your laptop charger. :)
@Everyone else - Had a great time and I am looking forward to coming to more of these. :D

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
johns don't explain a 3 STOCK. and i was doing just fine in that position.
That's what she said.
And I will admit that you are much better than me at playing from a poor angle of the tv. And I don't think I'm better than you, I just think that I stand a chance against you and the other top 10.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Fun stuff, thanks for hosting. Fun friendlies and fun tournament matches. Gratuitous use of fun = fun.

I got screwed in the brackets, but meh, it happens. Shoutoutssss:

Ook - Thanks for giving me a ride, now I know to call Jimmy Johns if my house is on fire

DevilDigimon - Thanks for hosting... and I found the foot court in case you're wondering

Akashi - Thanks for eliminating me you bastid, at least you broke your toe after the tournament. JKLOL, it was a good match (not kidding about the toe part, he really did break it).

Grimace - Really good Snake man, CPing Delfino may have been a mistake on my part (not sure if it would have made a difference though).

Kirk - Thanks for holding the smashfest on Friday, too bad I missed the tournament. Staying up till 6 a.m. was fun too :p

While I am disappointed in my placing (I'm not even sure how I did yet since I wasn't even in the top 20), I realize that this is to be expected as a Ganon main. Hopefully I won't get such a nasty bracket next time so I can rep the Dorf as well as I usually do.

:034:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well I won the first and lost the next two... I don't think that can put me into the top 20. Maybe though, a win in the winner's bracket can take you a long way. Whoever has DevilDigimon's charger better return it soon *shakes fist in anger*

edit: yay 100 posts

yoshq

Smash Master
Well I won the first and lost the next two... I don't think that can put me into the top 20. Maybe though, a win in the winner's bracket can take you a long way. Whoever has DevilDigimon's charger better return it soon *shakes fist in anger*

edit: yay 100 posts
your prolly tied with me since thats how i did. and im 17th

Top Bottom