• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

most obnoxious character in the game to play against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
So I get that zelda needed a buff from smash 4 but did they have to make her game breakingly annoying? It's gotten to the point where I contemplate just leaving when I face this joke of a fighter. All every zelda player does is spam projectiles with the knight and fire balls and teleport around the level. It's insanely difficult with some characters to even catch her. On top of that she is insanely powerful and easy to execute combos with her teleport and grabs.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
What exactly is your goal here? Do you want MU advice or did you just want to whine and complain?

If it's the former, stop being so aggressive in chasing her and instead, be patient and punish the copious endlag on her moves. Focus on being close enough to her, that you can punish any Phantom attempts, but far enough you are outside her close range moves. If she's spamming Nayru's Love, use a disjoint to hit the latter part of the move, when the intangibility has worn off. Otherwise shield, then punish the endlag OoS.

If she is spamming her teleport, then punish the endlag on that move. There are only a few places she can be at any given time. Counter pick her with FD or other limited platform stages, then guess which way she is going to go. Positioning yourself to cover all platforms, while being close enough she can't easily spam stuff, should allow to shield when she starts it up, and then you can punish on reaction. Alternatively, forcing her to approach, by putting yourself in a position where she can't hit with Phantom and you can parry Din's Fire, will also work.

Keep her in disadvantage as much as possible, her options are much more limited. If you're using DeDeDe, consider switching to a secondary. That MU is horrible for him, and you're going to have to be precise and play her game.

If it's the latter, all I can do is give you the age old sage advice: git gud.

D

Deleted member 189823

So I get that zelda needed a buff from smash 4 but did they have to make her game breakingly annoying? It's gotten to the point where I contemplate just leaving when I face this joke of a fighter. All every zelda player does is spam projectiles with the knight and fire balls and teleport around the level. It's insanely difficult with some characters to even catch her. On top of that she is insanely powerful and easy to execute combos with her teleport and grabs.
A lot of the stuff you're talking is either beaten by shielding or simply not approaching. You know what smart people do against Phantom? They avoid it altogether. Jump over it, or don't even bother approaching. It still takes time to charge it, and if they're not charging it, you should predict them to launch it at you before full charge. Din's isn't even annoying. It's so ****ing slow, you just shield or avoid it altogether.

Zelda can't combo out of or into Teleport, so there's a chance you're doing something wrong. If people are using this in neutral, chances are it's either extemely predictable (and as punishable) or they're launching it right after Phantom (which you can still punish hard for).

tl;dr Get off For Glory and play against real Zelda players. Try Arenas. They're much better.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah, no. Shutting this down. We don’t need threads being made with borderline flame and provocative language bait. There are already appropriate threads for these queries, such as this buff related thread about Zelda. (Since it was already the home to one fight about Zelda’s changes)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom