• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most notable weaknesses?

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
I always fight against Ivy, but I don't really know what his/her real bane is. I've noticed that if I force Ivy to recover I pretty much gain the high ground. But what does Ivy struggle with generally in the neutral? is Ivy ideal combo food for anyone specifically, or is it just light weight that makes Ivy easy to kill?

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
So aside from her recovery, which is one of her weakest points, ivy really struggles against anyone with a better projectile than hers(like falco's lasers), and her poor out of shield options make shield pressure really important against her. Her combo weight is really good for someone like marth, and her floatiness makes it pretty easy to kill her off the top.

Squeemos

Smash Rookie
Her weight especially. If you can abuse the follow ups that a lot of characters have on her, do it.

Also most of her attacks can be crouch cancelled. Like a stupid amount of them. Try to crouch cancel just about everything.

Her grab. It's awful. It's possible to react fast enough and grab her out of it with characters like Ike and Marth. It's pretty large, but it's crazy slow. Should be a free punish on a whiff.

Her recocery. Tether punishing is this "weird concept" where you hold the ledge, and just hit her as she waits all 80 freaking frames to get back on stage or offstage (she can go either of the 2 directions). However, make sure to have invicibility frames here because you will be hit off by a fair, razor leaf, or even a dair (if they are stylish). Make sure to keep regrabbing ledge to refresh invicibility.

James_TK

Smash Rookie
characters with good air mobility that can weave around razor leaf in neutral and space out aerials do well. i mostly use wario for the MU and stick to spacing b-airs, and mix up landing with f/n-airs, and bite mix-ups. her tech roll is also not the best so if you can apply enough shield pressure that she is forced to roll you should react to it with a grab and try to set up for a tech chase

Squeemos

Smash Rookie
Oh, okay. Idk why, but im sure its mostly inexperience with the MU. I didn't know what to do against the RL wall. I also had even less idea of what to do against Ivy Bair.
You can sdi it if you're fast, or they space it incorrectly. Otherwise, try and di up and away so you don't get swatted down (this is only for offstage).

Last edited:
Top Bottom