• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Important Sheik Matches

B_Cypher

Smash Rookie
Its in my nature to study more than actually play the game, so recently I've been trying to find matches that showcase the optimal sheik play. It seems that there is no actual directory or thread containing important sheik videos to study and analyze. So Im bringing it here. What do you guys think is the most important videos and matches for a new sheik player to watch and learn from?

Ministry

Smash Ace
This set (especially the first match) between KK and Kalamazhu displays what the punish game on Peach can look like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk1vdn0_BGU
I think this is a bad example. Often watching sheiks much above your skill level doesn't give you help relative to what your problems are. watching more mid level sheiks you can see how they deal with matchups. Players like Flash vs silent wolf (vs fox). Lucien vs shroomed(vs doc). Amsah vs alphadash (vs Icies). Im not saying dont watch them. But you will probably progress faster watching mid level sheiks first.

Last edited:

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree at all. It's better to strive to make your play more like top level players than to strive to make your play more like mid level players. If you're going to analyze situations, the solutions you see higher level players use are generally going to be better. Even if you just end up mindlessly imitating top players, that gives you a platform from which to build an actual understanding much more easily than trying to go from mid level to high.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I dont think linking a nearly JV5 is a good example at a set to look at to improve. there are very little interactions. only like 4 or 5. Its like suggesting you should copy this person playing perfect.

Last edited:

B_Cypher

Smash Rookie
Idk man, I heard somewhere before that its always is better to study absolute dominations than hardfought victories. The reasoning, I believe, is that you can see exactly everything that a person is doing right. The amount of mistakes are minimal in a crushing win. And it also shows you what doesnt work at all.

hologram summer

Smash Cadet
I dont think linking a nearly JV5 is a good example at a set to look at to improve. there are very little interactions. only like 4 or 5. Its like suggesting you should copy this person playing perfect.
I very much disagree. Watching a video of someone getting demolished and figuring out how they got demolished so badly is a really helpful tool.

Top Bottom