• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hype way you’ve won a match

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So I was messing around with Fox a little today playing some quickplay. I came up against a could and the game was pretty back and forth and we were both at about 70% on our last stock. He gets limit and I start jumping around and trying to bait him. He uses his limit projectile thing and I shined it right back at him for the win. I don’t know if that’s the most satisfying way I’ve won but it’s definitely up there. What about you guys?

I mean I’ve ended matches on a ton of PKT2s and Lucina edgeguard counters but those don’t compare to this one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While it's a super cheese way to get a kill, sometimes I'll be playing Shulk, my opponent would be on a decently high percent and try to edgeguard me, but i'll read it and do his special counter 2 (the one where he spins around and sends the opponent behind him instead of the one where he sends them forwards)) and get a cheap kill off that. I know it sounds dumb, but the Vision counter in and of itself is really flashy, and using it to spin around someone and slice them in the back while they're trying to score a mortal blow all while in the air and accompanied by the big red zoom in just fells really flashy and badass to me. It just feels really stylish despite being HELLA cheap lol

Also the good ol' shield break to f-smash/charged up neutral special is always a classic

Last edited by a moderator:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
While it's a super cheese way to get a kill, sometimes I'll be playing Shulk, my opponent would be on a decently high percent and try to edgeguard me, but i'll read it and do his special counter (the one where he spins around and sends the opponent behind him) and get a cheap kill off that. I know it sounds dumb, but the Vision counter in and of itself is really flashy, and using it to spin around someone and slice them in the back while they're trying to score a mortal blow all while in the air and accompanied by the big red zoom in just fells really flashy and badass to me. It just feels really stylish despite being HELLA cheap lol

Also the good ol' shield break to f-smash/charged up neutral special is always a classic
I mean even if it’s cheesy as hell it still works. I’ve won a ton of games on reading somebody’s edgeguard and countering with Lucina. The trick is not to throw it out all match so they forget you have it. It’s still satisfying

Even Ness’s back throw animation when he’s just crouched down and the other character is rolling off your back and you know you won is super satisfying to me even though it’s not a super hype way too kill

I think they did a pretty good job of having a lot of final stock kills feel hype with the animations and everything

D

Deleted member

I mean even if it’s cheesy as hell it still works. I’ve won a ton of games on reading somebody’s edgeguard and countering with Lucina. The trick is not to throw it out all match so they forget you have it. It’s still satisfying

Even Ness’s back throw animation when he’s just crouched down and the other character is rolling off your back and you know you won is super satisfying to me even though it’s not a super hype way too kill

I think they did a pretty good job of having a lot of final stock kills feel hype with the animations and everything
Yeah I feel like the big red flashy zoom-in really helps, along with the very fast knockback compared to the floatier knockback of Sm4sh. When you kill someone and the zoom-in happens and the go flying at 500 mph off screen if feels super satisfying.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love it when I switch to Charizard and get a kill within seconds with the first move I throw out. Normally its Fair to counter an aerial approach. It's incredibly satisfying to catch my foe off gaurd like that.

Sometimes when I notice my enemy throws out defense aerials to protect their landings I space a F-Smash and go for a read. It's easy to do with Ivysaur but a huge commitment when I do it with Charizard. And when I manage to do it with Squirtle...getting a kill with Squirtle is hype in generally because of how rarely it happens.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I (Palutena) was in a 2v2 on Elite Smash. My partner (Richter) accidentally self-destructed at the beginning of the match. By the end of it, I was alone and my opponents (Palutena/Cloud) had 2 stocks each. I wanted to give up, but I kept fighting. Although I quickly dispatched the Cloud player (got two meteor smashes), the Palutena mirror match was a lot more difficult. We matched each other blow for blow initially, but I started reading my opponent. Soon enough, tie game. I can do this, I panted. I got a grab combo. Threw a random forward tilt. She's off stage. I missed my smash attack, but the windbox pushed her ever so slightly away from the ledge. She was slowly falling to her doom. However, I teleported as an "endgame taunt", but instead of inputting up, I accidentally hit side. I was now falling as well. Noooo! All that hard work for nothing? Fortunately, they fell first. My greatest comeback. Best finish ever.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Last night I three stocked a Ganondorf as King K. Rool:
1. A 0-death by gimping him with my forward air
2. Ran offstage and down air spiked him.
3. Caught his side B as he tried to recover with it with back air.

Another time I 2-stocked a Lucina as Dark Samus by gimping her with side B (0-death) and then getting 2 down air spikes.

FanOfVideoGames

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3324-4417-7514
One time I was playing some smash 4, and I was up against a Bayonetta as a Game and Watch. I was messing around, and eventually we were tied with one stock left. I was at a very high percent, (80%-90%) while the Bayonetta was at 40%. I thought that I had lost again, but I kept recovering. Now the Bayonetta was at 50 or 60%, when suddenly, I landed a 9 on her and won the match. It was one of the first times I’d ever won a match

Top Bottom