• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated match up?

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
As a :4megaman: main:

:4yoshi::4sheik::4zss::They are incredibly fast,I really hate when Yoshi starts to spam those freaking eggs and UP Smash,Sheik and Sammy are the combo goddesses I mean it's barely impossible for a Megaman to break out of a combo of them,I just feel useless against them.

:4zelda::4ness::4lucas::4palutena::For me it's really hilarious seeing them spamming reflectors it's like they are really nervous about Rockman but at the same time I completely hate it,I don't have so much trouble punishing Ness,Lucas or Palutena but punishing Zelda's Nayru's love it's tedious I mean if Zelda do that you don't have so much opportunities to punish her because of hitbox.

:4megaman::Hate Dittos to the death.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Meta Knight dittos suck, bottom tier matchup. Also I hate when people go Fox whenever I play Falco. I get it, they're from the same game, but I really don't enjoy this match up.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
The matchups I dislike playing the most are usually the short characters. I play Mewtwo and it can be very frustrating to be going against the short people.

Here's a small list. I hate a few.

-:4lucas:. PK Fire spacing can be really frustrating to deal with since Confusion is too slow to reflect and it it's kind of impossible to punish it. It also very much bothers me that Ness and Lucas are middleweights, but I think that they should be lightweights. It just doesn't make sense to me.
-:4ness:. Same reason as most others.

-:4kirby:. Kirby is just so frikkin short. My grab misses. Also he kind of has a Top 5 combo game due to his throw combos. He already had a good one with down air...

-:4mario:. Mario's pretty short, kind of the same reason as Kirby... but Mario is a TON MORE INFURIATING. Like, he's probably the character I hate fighting the most just because I see SO MANY Marios on FG. I can understand why, but when you're in a mode that is kind of infested with this character, it's just so tedious.

-:4yoshi:. It hurts to see combos that work on pretty much everyone just are irrelevant due to Yoshi's neutral air.

That's mainly it. I don't have a problem with Sheik most of the time. Falcon does not bother me. In fact I like fighting him. It feels fun and fast-paced. Except when they get a ton of **** on me in the first few seconds. That's never fun.

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
:rosalina: - I always hate playing against Rosalina, I find trying to get around the Luma Shield is very tedious and annoying and it's hard to handle a lot of her aerials while dealing with input lag.

:4lucario:- His Aura I feel really carries the player at times(I get a little salty about :4lucario: :p ). So I find myself disliking this match because If I am not able to get a kill early enough I have to switch to a more defensive style of fighting because 1 smash from Lucario = death...

:4ness:- LOL LOL LOL LOL Backthrow... :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
i hate dk because my brother plays dk and he is better than me and it makes me salty

There's no matchup I physically dread to even conceive of, I think my main can take on just about everybody with a bit of grit and determination. I find players more concerning than characters. It's easy to beat a Sheik who's never picked up a controller before, but even Zelda can be deadly in the hands of a good player.

If I'm playing Palutena, however, I detest every character that's faster and safer than me. Which is basically every character in the high and top tiers.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I used to hate fighting against :4sonic:, but then I picked up :4olimar: and have never lost to a Sonic as Olimar on FG. Oli just has the best toolset to punish the predictable FG Sonics, I guess. Every spindash to jump > easy uair from me. Spindashing? Shield for days. About to smash attack me from a mile away? Throw my pikmin at you and run up to grab. I dunno what it is, but Oli handles Sonic really well?

Now the only ones I hate are FG:4mario::4drmario: and (slightly) :4luigi:. Especially when lag. They don't know how to play besides dthrow to upmoves. If lagging, they always get away with it a lot. If no lag, it's just annoying if they manage to pull it off.

That's all.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Not Sheik. Not Mario. Not Olimar. Not even Yoshi who's downright Kirby's worst matchup.
:4shulk:. Oh man, how I hate fighting Shulk. I don't freaking understand how he's considered bad on this game. His effing Monando (lol) is so huge you can't do anything without trading a hit and he's got a broken airspeed , along with his godlike Edgeguarding abilities which make Kirby like a little sandbag. His Counter is also a freaking broken thing, it killed me at 34% by getting Puff's F-Smash. Doesn't help the fact every Shulk main on FG is a mememan who likes to be a douche with "I'm Really Feeling It" x1000 "Dis is dah Monados Pawa" x2000. He's also got the framedata. You can tell I'm
right now. I love Shulk the Xenoblade character but his Smash counterpart is too silly. He's at least high mid-tier with all this extraneous paraphernalia.
Edit: Sorry Shulk mains if I offended anyone

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
As a :4bowser:main...
:4myfriends:- Its hard to punish this character when my attacks have a large windup like his. I also don't have a counter or a Monster radius, despite being the bigger character. I hate how I am basically forced into using Koopa Claw as a kill move out of sheer paranoia of über counter. I considered putting all the fire Emblem characters on here, but Marth, Lucina, Roy and (for the most part) Robin I'm pretty okay with.

:4zss::4sheik::4sonic: - Generally awful MUs for both chars I main. Lag doesn't make it easy for any of them and I have to fight my hardest to have a chance at winning.

:4link: - I don't need to discuss this one.

:4shulk: - He's a faster Ike with different gimmicks. Still has a giant [rope] radius, side Smash and d-smash goes through spot dodges easily, and of course...a counter....

:4villager: - I don't think I've ever had a good experience with Villager. Might just be bad luck, but every Villager I've faced has been infuriating.

As a :4mewtwo:Secondary...
:4mewtwo:- Hate mewtwo dittos with a passion. Since I primarily main Bowser, my mewtwo is a little...lacking, to be nice. I win a few but whenever I fight other Mewtwos I feel totally outclassed half the time.

:4pikachu:- Pikachuu Pikachuu Pikachuu Pikachuu Pii PIKAAAA!!!

:4pit: - I don't struggle too much with Pots, I just find them annoying lol

Edit: Given that I hate Ike AND Shulk as the bowz, I'd probably say when Cloud comes out I am going to despise him too.

Last edited:

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
I enjoy playing as most of the characters, and really the only characters I don't enjoy fighting are :4dedede:,:rosalina:,:4sheik:,:4link:, and especially :4sonic:. Also, fighting :4jigglypuff: who pop off after they get a rest, even though I could very easily destroy them with her if there was no input lag.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Without a doubt Peach. I've think I've pissed off many Peach players online because I spent most of time doing a "hit and run" when facing them.
Duck Hunt: After facing a very good player who could use this character, I hate all of DH's specials.
Zelda: Get close, Nayru spam. Far away, it's that damn Farore's Wind knockback.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Sonic. Almost always lose to Sonic because of how fast he is, it can be hard to keep up.

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
Let me add Cloud. He's extremely annoying to fight when all people do is run away and charge the limit break.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
:4megaman:- And I thought Peach was really annoying . Most of the time I just get annoyed by his buster shots, and not only that but whenever I see a good Mega man normally I switch to someone I don't use too often just to have a chance because I can never get used to his projectiles. At least on FD anyways.

:4peach:- Fair's hitbox is quite big, and Dair eats up shields like nothing from what I have seen. I generally get nervous once she is in the air.

:4villager:- Pretty much the same as Mega Man, just remove the buster part.

:4zss:- It really depends, if i'm playing as a small character then I have no problem with her, but if i'm playing someone like ROB then there is nothing more annoying than being combed and eventually losing a stock at the upper blast line at 60-70%.

Last edited:

Kaiserkami

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5344-1067-5728
Hmm..hated match ups. Well.
:4yoshi: I despise Yoshi from every single smash iteration. He has always been a giant pain for me to deal with. I am impressed when I see people use him effectively, but when I'm in that situation its hell on earth.
:4ness: If I'm not playing Mario or Doc he is annoying.
:4falcon: I only hate playing against them when they want to either make a combo video out of every match, or I'm playing someone Falcon decimates.
:4littlemac: Similar reason above.

Edit: Forgot two more.
:4rob: He can rust for all I care. I hate playing them even the wack ones.
:4gaw: For the longest time I have struggled with G&W his moves I swear are all frame -1 nonsense! Wish his Dair was Toon Link's.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a :4villager:/:4diddy: main, the bane of my existence is :rosalina:. Others include, :4ness:/:4sheik:/:4sonic:.

:rosalina:, she shuts down Villy and it's a pain with Diddy, Luma is just ****ing stupid, everyone says: "Kill Luma first", those damn Rosa mains are rolling/jumping all over the stage waiting for the goddamn stupid braindead star.

:4sonic:, because Sonic is 2fast5me.

:4ness:, he's easy to gimp, but with a crappy grab it's kinda difficult, Diddy's MU is easier though.

:4sheik:, FAIR, FAIR, FAIR, FAIR, FAIR, FAIR, FAIR

lunaticz0r

Smash Cadet
NNID
gandoe
:4iggy::4sonic::4rob::4olimar::4duckhunt:as a :4littlemac:main...
pretty easy to see whyI think lol
punishment is key here, but try to punish these chars and I'll see myself in a world of trouble with all these projectiles (and sonic which i just hate all together for no reason)

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
:4duckhunt: and :4yoshi: are the bane of my existence.
:4duckhunt: has the most annoying projectiles in the game.
:4yoshi: has no endlag.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
As a :4fox: main (I miss you :wolf:):

:4shulk:: I can never get around his range. The only thing I can hope to do is spam my blaster and get lucky with a B-Air or U-Smash
:rosalina:: Rosalina is easy. Luma is not. At all. Rage K.O.s Fox at some pretty damn low percents. Once Luma is gone though...
:4dedede:: You would think it'd be an easy match-up, but for me it isn't. Fox's fast falling speed causes me to get juggled. A lot
:4sonic:: I rely on hyper-aggression and speed in a match, and when someone is faster than Fox, everything goes to ****
:4olimar:: How do I even fight this guy?

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
As someone who mostly uses :4greninja:, :4robinf: and awaits to main :4bayonetta: and :4corrinf: (and ocassionally when I remember Brawl is a thing I use :wolf:)
My nightmare is always Small, projectile, fast and floaty.

AKA, :4villager:,:4olimar:,:4ness:,:4tlink:, :4pikachu:,:4duckhunt: Wolf is capable of going better through their weird gameplay, but its not that much to be that good.
I need to truly read their movements to actually land a hit, they usually are really hard to hit and since lag is something that Smash U/3D 's lovely online has, Its hard to actually do what yopu want in that moment.

I also have problems with :4falcon:,:4myfriends:,:4megaman:,:4rob: and:4dedede: its not that they are that hard, but a lot of their attacks have a great change in speed, some attacks come out as the wind and other take a whole year, which ends in me not dodging or dodging too early.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Good zoners and projectile spamers seem to have my number. :4cloud::4falco::4link::4robinm::4robinf::4samus::4shulk::4zelda: all give me difficulty. Getting carried offstage and into a blastzone by a :4jigglypuff: tends to happen a lot to me as well.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
I main Lucas, and I absolutely HATE SHULK! Shulk is great character but he gets on my nerves sometimes causing to rage out a mash buttons with no clear directive. Mostly because my friend mains Shulk, and the dude is so good at Smash. I swear he spends days on end playing the game. Level 9 Peach is also a real pain and all these Clouds on For Glory are starting to get under my skin.

And that's the story of my terrible Smash record! :D

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
Shulk or Tlink. Shulk's spamming D-smash really gets on my nerves sometimes. Also, when I find a Tlink who just shoots uncharged arrows over and over and over and then runs away and boomerangs when I get close...watch out. Jk, usually with spammy Tlinks I get one grab I can up-throw and watch him Dair and then regrab up-throw repeat for 50%. Its kind of funny.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I dislike Mario and Link mu's. Most of the mu's people generally say are bad for Robin I kinda don't mind actually. Also Robin dittos are fun man, don't know why people would hate them lmao.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
:4zss: Her moves are very predictable yet hard to punish.
:4ness: They constantly spam his up-B, PK Fire, and grabs/throws.
:4sheik: Very hard to escape her combos and edge-guard.
:4fox: Combos are ridiculous.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
The autism is strong with Link and Zero Suit Samus Players.

Fighting Libble Max is like fighting a ******** kid. Dumb as hell, but strong as ****.,

Yoshi also annoys me with his sounds and floaty jumps

And every character that charges sucks. It usually stops the flow and players barely every approach

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I find :4littlemac:to be incredibly tedious and boring and hell to deal with.

However, the actual most annoying one would probably have to be :rosalina:followed by :4ness:.

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
It's hard to say when I've barely gotten the chance to semi-seriously fight half the cast, but match ups I hate as a whole tend to be:
:4duckhunt:(You have aerials. Use them once in a while instead of thinking rolling works.)
:4lucas:/:4ness: (PK thunder doesn't gimp me. Stop thinking it does, kthx)
:4littlemac: (Mostly because I have yet to face more than one little mac ever that knows how to wall jump)
:4yoshi:(... I hate dair. And his everything.)
Though as Iggy, I hate a heck of a lot more matches. Namely, characters that are anywhere above lightweight that also have a hard time killing (Especially :4megaman:). Not necessarily because they're hard, but more because they drag out waaay too long and just get tedious very quickly

Catman856

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9126-2299
wario, zss, mario, pikachu,toon link, link, big mac, king dd, kirby, lucario, rosalina, megaman, mewtwo, shulk, luigi, doghunt, marth,ike, pit,dark pit, lucina, wii fit trainer, olimar, dr mario, game and watch, sonic, zelda, ganondorf, and lucas

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I main :4mewtwo: and :4bowser:, and I hate these purely because they're annoying, boring, tedious, or all three.

:4link:: Despite me maining :4mewtwo: who has a reflector, I feel like my Bowser gets the job done more mainly because he doesn't have a reflector. My mind is set and ready to perfect shield the wall of projetiles to come my way. That doesn't mean it's any less annordious. Hey look, a new word. A mix between annoying, boring, and tedious.

:4littlemac:: God, I hate this character with a fiery passion. His fast and extremely powerful smash attacks have super armor which always catches me at the worst possible times. Most Macs on For Glory are cocky little.... eergh, this character truly brings out the worst in me. Better stop now before I tread onto dangerous territory.
These two are really the only characters that I have trouble with, bar the :4duckhunt:s who think pressing B the entire match is fun and the laggy :4mario:s who really want to Cape me, but they don't make my small list because of how little I encounter them.

D

Deleted member

I main :4mewtwo: and :4bowser:, and I hate these purely because they're annoying, boring, tedious, or all three.

:4link:: Despite me maining :4mewtwo: who has a reflector, I feel like my Bowser gets the job done more mainly because he doesn't have a reflector. My mind is set and ready to perfect shield the wall of projetiles to come my way. That doesn't mean it's any less annordious. Hey look, a new word. A mix between annoying, boring, and tedious.

:4littlemac:: God, I hate this character with a fiery passion. His fast and extremely powerful smash attacks have super armor which always catches me at the worst possible times. Most Macs on For Glory are cocky little.... eergh, this character truly brings out the worst in me. Better stop now before I tread onto dangerous territory.
These two are really the only characters that I have trouble with, bar the :4duckhunt:s who think pressing B the entire match is fun and the laggy :4mario:s who really want to Cape me, but they don't make my small list because of how little I encounter them.
I main :4dedede:. People both on FG and my friends think it's fun to pick :4link: in an attempt to counterpick to me. It's like they think I don't know how to walk and powershield.

I just came across this :4jigglypuff: player who I was beating many times in a row with Dedede, then suddenly he switches to :4duckhunt: and just rolls across the entire stage while throwing a barrage of projectiles at me. I still beat him and he left afterwards but good hell was it annoying.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter who I play as, my least favorite matchups are :4megaman::4rob:. I am not a fan of campy, projectile spamming characters. Not only does it make them difficult to punish and approach, but their matches can take an eternity to complete. It's especially more painful as :4luigi: because he can't do a damn thing to these two.
:4villager: is also a pain on For Glory... I've basically decided that most of the FG Villagers are sadists, with how they spam Lloid Rocket and slingshot. Villager is just not fun to fight against from beginning to end.
As a :4cloud:, I hate :4kirby:; he's a pretty small character that can easily combo us. That's not good... very doable, but very painful at the same time.

10numel

Smash Rookie
NNID
bazinga29
3DS FC
2423-3567-9101
The only matchups I truly despise are :4littlemac::4sonic::4link::4pit::4darkpit:and:4robinm:. Super armor smash attacks are annoying, and runaway sonics are annoying. :4link: camping and launching random smashes bothers me a lot. :4darkpit::4pit: have many multi hitting moves that annoy me and their forward throw always kills me somehow. :4robinm:has arcfire and thunder which just gives me trouble. I actually like facing :4falcon::4ness::4sheik::4dedede: though. Also any ditto gives me a problem.

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
:rosalina:: I don't like his campy play style and Luma also she even makes "For Fun", friendlies or FFA not fun, still I like her as a character
:4mewtwo:: I dont even know why Mewtwo is a thread for me, they always make me run for my money, I really dont know how to fight him and, his jump immediately f-air is a beast
:4lucario:: He can kill super early, he killed my Sheik once at 50% with a uncharged up-smash, I like him but not with Sheik.
:4yoshi:: Super hard to play at top level but in lag he is a god, and in FG there always will be always a laggy Yoshi.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
:4littlemac::rosalina::4dedede: and :4villager: are characters I find boring, annoying, and tedious to fight. Matches against the latter three also go on for a really ****ing long time.

D

Deleted member

:4littlemac::rosalina::4dedede: and :4villager: are characters I find boring, annoying, and tedious to fight. Matches against the latter three also go on for a really ****ing long time.
I play Dedede and Rosa. Don't hurt me. ;-;

But on my end, here's some of my most hated MUs:

:4pikachu: - It's been an entire year and I still suck arse at fighting Pikachu. I can't get around his maneuverability at all, and his combo'ing ability and great defensive game just outright destroy me. The only character I ever come close to beating him with is :4ness: and even then I still have tons of trouble.

:4wiifit: - Wii Fit Trainer in the right hands is a monster. A monster. Having to deal with even the ones who camp with Header at the ledge are also never fun.

:4luigi: - Luigi is still a god when it comes to juggling. I've never beat a good Luigi, not even once. His grab combos are still so devestating even after the nerfs, and bair and Cyclone are still outright silly good moves lol

Top Bottom