• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated characers in the competitive scene(top 10)

what is your most hated character in all smash games

• the best character of smash games

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • another one(if you can tell me)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyrule5Smash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5023-3166
Hello to everyone hyrule5smash is here o talk about the most hated characters in the competitive scene so yeah
(aspects to remind)
1.I will choose any character of all smash games that have or had a very bad reputation in their games so don?t be surprise if you see a character from smash 64 or smash 4 let's start

10.:metaknight::i know that he is op or that you could probably see him higher but the truth is that yeah a lot of brawl players only love him when you use him but you fight againts him he was the wort demon of the hell he had in brawl the best recovery and probably the only true combo that needed a string also he had one of the best smashes and frame data of the game their are some of your reasons to hate him.

9.:4diddy::ninth place is for the most hated monkey of smash...diddy kong in ssb4,the reasons there are a lot
for example:he is a very campy character with good kill moves and a decent combo game combined with a crazy neutral, the disrepect of the people isn't surprise for this monkey, in part the hate and complain to this character came from the hand of ZeRo that used this character during his smash career so the people began to hate diddy because of ZeRo.

8:4sonic:: this campy and speedy charcter is one of the reason why some players detroys their controllers;his side b and neutral b are pretty umcomfortable to stop also his MU confusing and his combos are always stressful.this are some of the reason to hate this hedgehog.

7.:jigglypuffmelee::ahh melee puff the best puff of smash and one of the reasons to quit melee jiggs aerial game combined with that bair and up air that are just b#$&|"t with also his rest that is just broken and also her jab reset are some reasons to hate puff aslo if you watch puff is also one of the only characters in melee that can timeout effectively

6:4olimar:: the amount of hate that hehave in the smash 4 comunity is amazing and the main reason why the people hate him is becasue pikmin spam that olimar players do.he i pretty campy and the only thing that olimar can do is throw pikmins to the end and also grab to d throw or something like that so it is understandable the hate to this character

5:rosalina::ahh Rosalina and luma so cute and so hated by the smash comunity... first of all i do not hate her at all but i reaally don't like to watch her at tournament because is pretty boring to watch a player that only goes for jabs and up throw that are some of her main tools also her luma have a lot of knockbackand can kill you inclusive at 30-90% so be careful when you play againts her,also she have a very op recovery and a pretty broken neutral and edgeguarding game and a powerful dair and bair so there are some of the reasons to hate her.

4.:sheikmelee::So the first complaint a lot of people make is that she's easy to play which can be true at the very bottom of skill but at the point you can consistently wave dash every character needs work.

Any way people really hate her reach on needles and N-Air and kill power of F-Air

(Also Down Throw and F-Tilt)

3.:4cloud::4cloud2::number three goes for cloud...why? because of his limit that is very annoying to deal with, also his up air is probably one of the best moves of the game,a very broken nuetral and a lot of op kill options (he only lacks on recovery but with limit that's it).

2:icsmelee::popo:: Ic's are probably the most hated character of all the smash games and he has a lot of reasons to hate him
number one is because of his grab game in melee and brawl and probably the reason why daddy sakurai eliminates the chaingrab and this two characters.In melee he have a very poor neutral and the only way that you can win with these two is by grabbing your opponent and begin to wooble o if you can chaingrab and that's a very Coward playstyle and also is maddening t deal with.In brawl you must choose Mk to fight againts these two because in these game one grab can kill you instantly because if the player knows how to do this you're dead the 0 to death chaingrab here is very annoying and boring to deal with so if you want to win this MU againts the most hated of the melee/Brawl comunity you need to use one of their losing matchups.

1:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::hahaha no surprise here right? well bayonetta is the most hated character in the smash comunity(at least in sm4sh) so the reasons why to complain and hate her are a lot but these are someones
her recovery:she can probably go under fd and she will stay alive also she have a special technique call triple jump and it is that a triple jump but only works after connecting to up b's in a row,
her combo game:it is broken and yeah you can DI it but she can react and probably you will die earlier.
bat within: a frame 1 airdodge that is very useful and annoying to treat she can scape of any combo of the game (almost)
with time.well this is the main reason she has the only counter able to kill you at 0 if you're on the ledge and it duration is soo long you can fail a smash and probably you will have time enough to perform another smash.

so yeah that's it and if you ask i could put :4corrin::4corrinf::4greninja::4link::4villager::pikachu64::foxmelee::marthmelee::snake::olimar::4ness:but i think that these are the most hated. thanks and cya.

Last edited:

TheWill44

Smash Apprentice
Hello to everyone hyrule5smash is here o talk about the most hated characters in the competitive scene so yeah
(aspects to remind)
1.I will choose any character of all smash games that have or had a very bad reputation in their games so don?t be surprise if you see a character from smash 64 or smash 4 let's start

10.:metaknight::i know that he is op or that you could probably see him higher but the truth is that yeah a lot of brawl players only love him when you use him but you fight againts him he was the wort demon of the hell he had in brawl the best recovery and probably the only true combo that needed a string also he had one of the best smashes and frame data of the game their are some of your reasons to hate him.

9.:4diddy::ninth place is for the most hated monkey of smash...diddy kong in ssb4,the reasons there are a lot
for example:he is a very campy character with good kill moves and a decent combo game combined with a crazy neutral, the disrepect of the people isn't surprise for this monkey, in part the hate and complain to this character came from the hand of ZeRo that used this character during his smash career so the people began to hate diddy because of ZeRo.

8:4sonic:: this campy and speedy charcter is one of the reason why some players detroys their controllers;his side b and neutral b are pretty umcomfortable to stop also his MU confusing and his combos are always stressful.this are some of the reason to hate this hedgehog.

7.:jigglypuffmelee::ahh melee puff the best puff of smash and one of the reasons to quit melee jiggs aerial game combined with that bair and up air that are just b#$&|"t with also his rest that is just broken and also her jab reset are some reasons to hate puff aslo if you watch puff is also one of the only characters in melee that can timeout effectively

6:4olimar:: the amount of hate that hehave in the smash 4 comunity is amazing and the main reason why the people hate him is becasue pikmin spam that olimar players do.he i pretty campy and the only thing that olimar can do is throw pikmins to the end and also grab to d throw or something like that so it is understandable the hate to this character

5:rosalina::ahh Rosalina and luma so cute and so hated by the smash comunity... first of all i do not hate her at all but i reaally don't like to watch her at tournament because is pretty boring to watch a player that only goes for jabs and up throw that are some of her main tools also her luma have a lot of knockbackand can kill you inclusive at 30-90% so be careful when you play againts her,also she have a very op recovery and a pretty broken neutral and edgeguarding game and a powerful dair and bair so there are some of the reasons to hate her.

4.:sheikmelee::So the first complaint a lot of people make is that she's easy to play which can be true at the very bottom of skill but at the point you can consistently wave dash every character needs work.

Any way people really hate her reach on needles and N-Air and kill power of F-Air

(Also Down Throw and F-Tilt)

3.:4cloud::4cloud2::number three goes for cloud...why? because of his limit that is very annoying to deal with, also his up air is probably one of the best moves of the game,a very broken nuetral and a lot of op kill options (he only lacks on recovery but with limit that's it).

2:icsmelee::popo:: Ic's are probably the most hated character of all the smash games and he has a lot of reasons to hate him
number one is because of his grab game in melee and brawl and probably the reason why daddy sakurai eliminates the chaingrab and this two characters.In melee he have a very poor neutral and the only way that you can win with these two is by grabbing your opponent and begin to wooble o if you can chaingrab and that's a very Coward playstyle and also is maddening t deal with.In brawl you must choose Mk to fight againts these two because in these game one grab can kill you instantly because if the player knows how to do this you're dead the 0 to death chaingrab here is very annoying and boring to deal with so if you want to win this MU againts the most hated of the melee/Brawl comunity you need to use one of their losing matchups.

1:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::hahaha no surprise here right? well bayonetta is the most hated character in the smash comunity(at least in sm4sh) so the reasons why to complain and hate her are a lot but these are someones
her recovery:she can probably go under fd and she will stay alive also she have a special technique call triple jump and it is that a triple jump but only works after connecting to up b's in a row,
her combo game:it is broken and yeah you can DI it but she can react and probably you will die earlier.
bat within: a frame 1 airdodge that is very useful and annoying to treat she can scape of any combo of the game (almost)
with time.well this is the main reason she has the only counter able to kill you at 0 if you're on the ledge and it duration is soo long you can fail a smash and probably you will have time enough to perform another smash.

so yeah that's it and if you ask i could put :4corrin::4corrinf::4greninja::4link::4villager::pikachu64::foxmelee::marthmelee::snake::olimar::4ness:but i think that these are the most hated. thanksand cya.
1 word - Spellcheck, also, no one hates Smash 4 Olimar. People are often hyped to watch Olimar, like in the ZeRo vs Shuton set in mid-2017. Also, isn’t Diddy Kong the only monkey in smash, since Donkey Kong is an ape?
No one hates melee Sheik more than melee Jigglypuff either, well besides you apparently. Why is Greninja on the nominated list? No one hates him either, besides the “Pokémon sucks, remove them from smash” group.

Last edited:

Hyrule5Smash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5023-3166
1 word - Spellcheck, also, no one hates Smash 4 Olimar. People are often hyped to watch Olimar, like in the ZeRo vs Shuton set in mid-2017. Also, isn’t Diddy Kong the only monkey in smash, since Donkey Kong is an ape?
No one hates melee Sheik more than melee Jigglypuff either, well besides you apparently. Why is Greninja on the nominated list? No one hates him either, besides the “Pokémon sucks, remove them from smash” group.
totally agree with you:D this thread sucks

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
This looks, reads and seems to be a complain post made by a noob. And with the poster being a 9-messages Link main, even more. Also, complaining about campy playstyles when using Link seems like the most hypocritical thing ever. GIT GUD

And Greninja on the nominated? Almost everyone agrees that Greninja is one of the most hype characters in the game, with his impossibly high learning curve, with a countless amount of combos, zero-to-deaths, and flashy ways to edgeguard. He even has combos and mindgames involving his TAUNT for Arceus sake. HOW CAN THAT BE HATED? It almost seems like you get stomped on by Greninja players on a regular basis. I wonder what your name on 3DS is, you may very well be the Link I finished off with a Down Taunt to Up Smash string last week.

Hyrule5Smash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5023-3166
This looks, reads and seems to be a complain post made by a noob. And with the poster being a 9-messages Link main, even more. Also, complaining about campy playstyles when using Link seems like the most hypocritical thing ever. GIT GUD

And Greninja on the nominated? Almost everyone agrees that Greninja is one of the most hype characters in the game, with his impossibly high learning curve, with a countless amount of combos, zero-to-deaths, and flashy ways to edgeguard. He even has combos and mindgames involving his TAUNT for Arceus sake. HOW CAN THAT BE HATED? It almost seems like you get stomped on by Greninja players on a regular basis. I wonder what your name on 3DS is, you may very well be the Link I finished off with a Down Taunt to Up Smash string last week.
no, and sorry if you felt offended with this post becasue this is a joke btw i notice that link is a pretty campy character i only did this post becasue i wanted attention so yeah thanks for commenting :D

Atem

Smash Cadet
Awesome list just think cloud and ice climbers should be tied (but the placing is pretty accurate if you could not). Also think Brawl meta knight should have been higher. Just my opinion and good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom