• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Difficult Challenges

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
In Challenge Mode there are some Challenges that can not be beat. For these you best use your Hammers. I believe you get only six Hammers in total. So dont waste them early on like I did. Save them for the following Challenges if you want to unlock everything.

#1: Clear 100 Multi-man Brawl with all 35 characters

This is impossible. I dont know how anyone could do this. Especially when you have to use characters like Wario, Ike, Snake and Dedede who have serious lag at the beginning or end of their smashes. No way.

#2: Clear Boss Battle Mode on Intense

I can see this being possible since all the Bosses have a pattern. But it requires perfection. On Intense many Bosses kill you with a few hits, and there are no continues. Plus at the end you have to beat Taboo wthin 5 min.

#3: Clear All-star Mode on Intense

Unlike Boss Battle Mode you can continue here, but these are nasty fights. You often have to fight more than one opponent at once. And for the second to last part you have to beat Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle with only one life.

#4 Get all the Stickers

There are over 600 of these in the game, and many you cant get unless playing Intense level. And others need to be unlocked by clearing Challenges like KOing 10 Alloys in Cruel Brawl. But maybe after several weeks of trying you might get them all.

#5 KO 10 Alloys in Cruel Brawl Mode

It is just you against 5 rampant Alloys that come right back when KOed. And to worsen matters one solid hit from any one of them is all it takes to send you to oblivion. This is the only one on my list that I suceeded at though, and just barely considering I was KOed a split second after the 10th Alloy. And what was my reward after this painstaking effort? A measely Liquid Snake Sticker.

Anyhow the 5 up above are the most difficult in my opinion. Do you agree?

PS: Most people arent completionists I guess. When it comes down to it you will at least want to unlock all the Songs because they can be enjoyed while playing the game.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
None of those seem that hard. Time consuming ( 600 stickers/ 100 man melee with all 35 char.) but not too hard. I beat everything in Melee and the only thing that I found "hard" was getting the bonus of "never being hit" in classic.....even on very easy it still was in no form "easy". Well that and All-star on very hard. Yeah I won't lie, that is hard.

Though if you do know, what are the rewards we get for each? If it's something crappy I'll just do them last and when I feel like it. lol

Also do you get anything for not using the hammers?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
None of those seem that hard. Time consuming ( 600 stickers/ 100 man melee with all 35 char.) but not too hard. I beat everything in Melee and the only thing that I found "hard" was getting the bonus of "never being hit" in classic.....even on very easy it still was in no form "easy". Well that and All-star on very hard. Yeah I won't lie, that is hard.

Though if you do know, what are the rewards we get for each? If it's something crappy I'll just do them last and when I feel like it. lol

Also do you get anything for not using the hammers?
Have you played the game yet? Its not as eay as it sounds.

You have to realize Brawl is much harder than Melee beacause there are more Characters and Bosses now. This makes the challenges more time consuming and increases the chances of failure. For example in All-Star Mode you now have 39 opponents rather than 26. And Taboo is far nastier than Crazy Hand or Master Hand. Plus this new Intense mode is ridiculous. You get killed by a single hit. And in Classic or All-Star Mode on Intense you cant really KO opponents by building up damage. They never get knocked off. You have to lure them off the stage and trick them into getting meteor spiked downward or in to killing themselves.

And also when you do All the Character Challenges you have to run through each one 35 times, whether it is Target Smash, Classic Mode or Boss Battle. Its very time consuming. A Hammer can save you the trouble.

As for getting something without using any Hammers, I wouldnt know. i still havent even beaten all the Challenges and probably never will because i wasted my Hammers early on.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm going to see how far I can get without hammers. I want to experience all this game has to offer anyway.

I unlocked/achieved everything in Melee except for beating Adventure Mode on Very Hard with 1 stock. I got all of the trophies (yes, No Damage Clear SUCKED back when I was a n00b at air dodging Master Hand) and somehow beat All Star on Very Hard, but that Adventure Mode was tough.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Have you played the game yet? Its not as eay as it sounds.

You have to realize Brawl is much harder than Melee beacause there are more Characters and Bosses now. This makes the challenges more time consuming and increases the chances of failure. For example in All-Star Mode you now have 39 opponents rather than 26. And Taboo is far nastier than Crazy Hand or Master Hand. Plus this new Intense mode is ridiculous. You get killed by a single hit. And in Classic or All-Star Mode on Intense you cant really KO opponents by building up damage. They never get knocked off. You have to lure them off the stage and trick them into getting meteor spiked downward or in to killing themselves.

And also when you do All the Character Challenges you have to run through each one 35 times, whether it is Target Smash, Classic Mode or Boss Battle. Its very time consuming. A Hammer can save you the trouble.

As for getting something without using any Hammers, I wouldnt know. i still havent even beaten all the Challenges and probably never will because i wasted my Hammers early on.
lol, forgot about the 39 instead of 26 cahracters in All-Star part. No I have not played the game, and yes I know it plays differently than Melee, much differently. I like challenges though and am glad to see some stupid ridiculous ones in this game if they are that hard.....man 1 hit K.O on Intense. Well it won't be easy but won't be impossible either. Though I just hope the rewards are worth the trouble.

Also mind if I ask what challenges you used the your hammers on?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
lol, forgot about the 39 instead of 26 cahracters in All-Star part. No I have not played the game, and yes I know it plays differently than Melee, much differently. I like challenges though and am glad to see some stupid ridiculous ones in this game if they are that hard.....man 1 hit K.O on Intense. Well it won't be easy but won't be impossible either. Though I just hope the rewards are worth the trouble.

Also mind if I ask what challenges you used the your hammers on?
I wasted most of my hammers trying to unlock the stages ASAP. I didnt realize there were so few. The only worthy use was #1 above. The rest Ive unlocked pretty much the hard way. you can see what i got so far on my unlockables thread. The ????s are things I havent unlocked yet

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141216

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I wasted most of my hammers trying to unlock the stages ASAP. I didnt realize there were so few. The only worthy use was #1 above. The rest Ive unlocked pretty much the hard way. you can see what i got so far on my unlockables thread. The ????s are things I havent unlocked yet

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141216

Wow....a lot of things you have to do....for a Trophy????? Bah, so most will be a waste of my time. Hoping it would be something really neat like...umm... well I don't really know but something that would '"wow" me. Oh well, gives me something to do for awhile when the game does come out.

Zek

Smash Ace
I don't plan on using my hammers at all. Challenges like those in particular have such pointless rewards anyway, there's no point if you don't actually complete it. I wouldn't be satisfied knowing I cheated to unlock everything.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I don't plan on using my hammers at all. Challenges like those in particular have such pointless rewards anyway, there's no point if you don't actually complete it. I wouldn't be satisfied knowing I cheated to unlock everything.
There are 128 Challenges in the Game. Dont think you wont be tempted

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You cannot use hammers on Boss Battle Intense or Boss Battle all characters. Those are my last two, and my remaining two hammers are useless :-/

Boss Battle all chars is just a matter of time, but VH is another thing. I can get to Taboo somewhat often, but I have yet to find a way to successfully get around the red aura waves. Any particular strategies for that?

Gan

Smash Rookie
I can get to Taboo somewhat often, but I have yet to find a way to successfully get around the red aura waves. Any particular strategies for that?
I've heard that you can actually dodge the red waves when on the ground. I don't know whether this is true or not, since I haven't tried it yet.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that you can actually dodge the red waves when on the ground. I don't know whether this is true or not, since I haven't tried it yet.
Yes, Just shield and push down every time a wave passes.

I've done #3 and #6, but the Boss Battles mode is killing me :mad:

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble with Tabuu's "Crosshair" attack, when he gets that X-shaped crosshair on you and won't let you go. Any advice?

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I agree with all of those. I beat classic on intense and it took me 5 or 6 game overs to do. Boss battles mode (which is hard for me on normal)? No way!

lsd

Smash Rookie
i dont think its really one of the challenges you are talking about but beating the 50 yoshis on co-op event mode on hard is very challenging cause you have to pretty much instantly kill every yoshi without missing and pit doesnt do many instant kills easily.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
lol, i decided to try my first hammer on a random window and out of luck i broke the "beat 100-man brawl with all chars" challenge, and i was all, thnk god i dont have to go through that time consuming mess

VandalD

Smash Cadet
lsd: It's not too tough. The one controlling Meta Knight will be doing most of the work. Basically hold up for the whole event. Spam his up tilts on the top of the airship, and then just try to follow the place where they spawn with up air attacks. Friend and I ended up finishing it on our third try, before the stage drops back down to the airship.

Sucks that some of the windows are unbreakable. Guess I'll be doing a lot of boss attempts. Maybe just focus on dodging them on easy and learn all their moves, unless they gain moves on higher difficulties. That would also suck.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to doing all of these without using any hammers, no matter how long it takes.

I figure, if I was able to beat All-Star on Very Hard with every character in Melee, I can handle pretty much anything if given enough time. :)

xler

Smash Rookie
#3: Clear All-star Mode on Intense

Unlike Boss Battle Mode you can continue here, but these are nasty fights. You often have to fight more than one opponent at once. And for the second to last part you have to beat Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle with only one life.
this one isn't bad if you do it co-op

#6 KO 10 Alloys in Cruel Brawl Mode
If you don't mind being a little cheesy, you can easily do it with Marth (maybe ike).

Run to the edge, fall a little bit, jump, counter, UP-B, fall a little bit jump, counter and repeat for about 3 minutes

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i'm going to jump in and agree with whoever said they wouldnt use any hammers. i dont really care if i get anything or not for not using them and i know it'll be a long time before i finish these last few challenges (i basically only have those 6 left) but i want to actually do them.

besides, imagine how good you'd feel scrolling through the challenges screen with all the things completed and 5 golden hammers floating at the bottom of your screen. that'd be great

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
my friend found an easy way to get 10 kos in cruel brawl. use lucas jump off the edge and then use up-b to get back. the up-b will kill soon and some just suicide

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
10 alloys in cruel brawl in easy as **** with Pikachu. Did it in under 10 tries.

Run to the edge, hang, fast fall, double jump to the right, then up-B diagonal to the left. Pika sweetspots the ledge with the quickness, meanwhile 1-2 alloys jump out to the right anticipating knocking you off the stage and are stuck there with no up-B to recover. You end up primarily killing the reds and blues, since the Kirby ones have multiple jumps and the Mario ones footstool jump like crazy. Still really easy.

But yeah, wasted a few on squares with CDs, and one on a blue square just to see if it'd work - it did and was the CyberNinja / Grey Fox from MGS. No idea what challenge that trophy was. Anyway, I have one hammer yet to unlock... and I'm cool with that.

I've gotten every song, and almost every sticker. Trophies have no functionality, so I don't give two ****s about them. **** challenges like beating 100 man brawl with everyone... I don't even have the patience to clear classic with everyone. That's tedious bull****, for a virtual gatchapon.

****, if I had that whole thing cleared and 5 golden hammers on the bottom, I wouldn't be plus pride... I'd be minus a ****ing life. I work all day and the girlfriend practically lives with me... who has time for that ****?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
The only real hard challenges (boss mode on very hard / intense) can't use a golden hammer. So you might as well just use them on whatever you find tedious like 100 man brawl with all characters, all-star w/ all characters, etc. I mean, I did all 5 levels of break the target with all characters and that's such a waste of time. The only thing that challenges is your patience.

It'd be nice if we could use golden hammers on boss mode, but we can't. I've gotten Very Hard boss mode beat, but Intense keeps on kicking my ***. I can beat Master Hand, Crazy Hand, both Ridleys, and the plant without taking damage, Golleom and Porky and the pokemon with minimal damage, but Duon gives me trouble.

The best things I've seen is to either use Charizard and go all out with Rock Break or use Fox and camp with his laser and reflector, using aerials and smashes for other bosses. I've been at it since yesterday and still can't do it.

Also, tripping sucks. I've lost so many times in Intense boss mode because of tripping when there's a huge attack that takes up a lot of space and lasts for a while. Invincibility frames don't matter in that situation.

DonKoopa

Smash Rookie
they all seem hard besides the 100 man with everyone.

that just seems time consuming.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I misunderstood what the hammers were for, and wasted one on the Barbara Assist Trophy. I though the hammers just turned blue squares within a certain "blast radius" into red squares, not actually unlocked stuff.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I misunderstood what the hammers were for, and wasted one on the Barbara Assist Trophy. I though the hammers just turned blue squares within a certain "blast radius" into red squares, not actually unlocked stuff.

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
I've done all of those but #4. Just beat Boss Battles on Intense last night. It's still tough but just pick Fox and run away/laser/reflect. To the red rings thing, I don't see how you beat boss battles at all without knowing you could dodge through them xD

Lessee...

I have to beat Classic Mode with 10/20/All characters/Get all character trophies

I have to beat All-Star Mode with 20/All characters/Get all Final Smash trophies

I have to beat Boss Battles with 10/20/All characters.

I have to get 500 Stickers/Trophies/All of 'em.

Get 500/1000/2000 KO's in Brawls and 30/50/100 hours of Brawls.

I think that's it. All time-consuming stuff, nothing hard.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I used a hammer on All-Star on Intense and 100-Man Brawl with everyone just because I didn't want to waste time with those.

I used the rest of them on useless stuff but the only challenges I have left now are collect all stickers and play 100 hours of brawls...I have....667 stickers now too o_O;

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Saving the Golden Hammers for those tasks would be a good thing, but not all tasks are breakable with the Golden Hammer (such as the Boss Battles tasks).

Top Bottom