• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most common kill options

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
While watching replays of myself, I noticed that by far my most used kill option was forward throw at the ledge, regardless of level of play/opponent. While Pit may not be the strongest character in the game, he has plenty other options to secure a stock, like bair, edgeguarding, and a well placed side-special. I try and use a little bit of everything, save my kill moves, etc, but it just seems like at least half the time I get a kill, it's from my f throw.

Now I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, since I at least try to mix it up and not rely on it. I am just wondering what other people use to kill the most. What do you guys use to take stocks?

KylanAwesomepants

Smash Rookie
NNID
maelodic
Fair chasing off stage and uair after a throw are used a lot for me. I catch people out with up smash often as well.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
My personal favorite kill option is fake out bair to fsmash near the edge whenever my opponent does a normal getup or getup attack.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
As in do a rising RAR bair to bait them to shield grab and then throw out a fsmash once they drop their shield.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Foward throw and Foward smash. Back air can kill but I never know when to use that at the right time, usually it doesn't kill (for me).

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I was labbing yesterday and found that a short hop fast falled U-air can actually pop the opponent up for an Usmash, but it's risky and not very reliable (and not even a true combo unless you're against fox, jiggs, or G&W)

Top Bottom