Most annoying character to run into on quickplay?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-5361-1490-2247
Quite a few annoying characters.

:ultsimon: :ultrichter: : I once felt bad for these two because of their poor recovery. Not anymore. Please never show your faces in the next game.

:ultolimar: : The epitome of a master-slave concept. Tell me again why Olimar has a better kill throw than Samus, let alone a kill throw at all. People complaining about Ness being brain-dead probably never dealt with Olimar. Or they have and hate Ness for other reasons.

:ultzelda: : Neutral B for days. And it's effective. You can see Farore's Wind miles away, go for a shield, and still get hit. And why doesn't destroying the phantom cause Zelda to have to wait? Oh, and if Zelda uses Nayru's Love, there is a chance her intangibility will cause my grab to miss. Why be rewarded for failure? Cute character, but annoying as hell.

:ultsnake: : Get this mother****ing Snake out of my mother****ing game.

:ultluigi: : This character is brain-dead. Did Nintendo nerf his janky ***? No. He got buffed instead. Miyamoto privilege. Just look how ZSS' f-smash got nerfed. Nice bias.

:ultyoshi: : Another character who got buffed in spite of already being good. More of that Miyamoto privilege.

:ultlink: : All Links are annoying. Go burn in Death Mountain you damn elves.

There might be more, but yeah. Screw these characters.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ok I forgot to add a big one

:ultike: - I’m not talking about component Ike players here. Ok talking about Ike players who think his only move’s are side b, up b, and up smash and somehow made it into elite smash. And there are a lot of them

Also was just reading the :ultness: is brain dead talk and I think it’s hilarious. I want anyone who says that to try and mix up their recovery with PK Thunder, Air Dodge, and PSI Magnet to cancel momentum,
Combo off PSI magnet and uair into grab, chase with PK Thunder and juggle with it avoiding air dodges mixing his other aerials and being unpredictable enough not to get severely punished because you’re completely vulnerable in PKT, land a clutch PKT2, even hit uair correctly so it will kill, play mind games with projectile users like Samus, Mewtwo, and Lucario with PSI Magnet, knock back projectiles with the bat consistently, do the yo-yo dsmash and usmash ledge trap (not just the dangle either, the release 2 frame), go deep off stage with Ness’s aerials to edgeguard and then recover, PK fire trap somebody next to ledge and spike them, and try and play neutral against a character that out ranges you

If you can learn all that in a day I’m all for calling Ness brain dead because that’s pretty much what you have to know to play him well (there’s more than that too). So please don’t talk about things you have no idea about. I know it was a long time ago but still, it really annoyed me all of the sudden lol

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
:ultpiranha: - This thing, mainly because of it's neutral special. I find it completely unfair that if I hit it while it does it's neutral B I get punished for it. Not only that, that spiked ball is pain to avoid when trying to get back on the ledge.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Exactly or walking into a stray fsmash Ganondorf is literally the worst feeling. Even if I’m a stock down I still feel like I should win especially as Ness. It just makes me feel bad when I lose to them lol
When I'm on the ledge against a Ganondorf and they're charging their fsmash, I constantly forget that I can't just jump over them and wind up getting smashed.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
NNID
Make a guess...
:ultganondorf:: You thought you could dodge my strike?

Personally I find it quite annoting to fight my own mains when I play my off-day characters cause 9 times outta 10 they're using the character completely wrong and either cheap or straight up bad and it bothers me that I share a main with these people. Like come now that character has so much potential stop playing so dumb!

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice

Personally I find it quite annoting to fight my own mains when I play my off-day characters cause 9 times outta 10 they're using the character completely wrong and either cheap or straight up bad and it bothers me that I share a main with these people. Like come now that character has so much potential stop playing so dumb!

You mean....side B, side B, side B, side B? :rolleyes:

After 300hrs into the game, I've learnt that I can actually tech this attack. I have sort of mix feelings, being happy to know that I won't get bullied by that thing anymore but also feeling stupid to have never thought about teching it :facepalm:

Switch FC
SW 0818-9732-6979
Almost every Ganondorf on quickplay I see automatically uses down-b when the battle starts. So predictable to the point where I shield or counter it.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
NNID
Make a guess...

After 300hrs into the game, I've learnt that I can actually tech this attack. I have sort of mix feelings, being happy to know that I won't get bullied by that thing anymore but also feeling stupid to have never thought about teching it :facepalm:
Yeah teching it has always been an option. When you get side b'd you can either do nothing, tech it, roll left, roll right, or getup attack. A good Ganon is all about making them hard reads on what you're going to do and capitalize. It's a great move to be sure, but the follow-ups are all read-based when facing someone who knows the options. Been playing Dorf all the way back in Brawl when "competitive play" in my mind was just level 9 CPUs so I find it funny to see plenty of people complaining about Dorfs that clearly aren't utilizing the whole kit XD

THE SLOTH

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712

This is 100% me everytime I’m on Quickplay and trying a character outside my norm. I get paired with scrubby K. Rools that harass me with neutral special and side special, and spam either his smash attacks or dash attack. With enough practice, I can get their patterns down and punish them for their unsafe options, although most of them A) excessively t-bag after the last kill and/or B) leave after Game 1.

On topic, biggest struggles online are against :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus: and :ultzelda:. As tedious as it can be, especially playing as K. Rool, I can get around most zoners just fine. Except for these two/three. The Samuses just have an obnoxious F-Air that shuts down a lot of my approaches toward them, which usually ends up shield poking if all/most hits connect. Zelda is just... pure frustration to play against, no matter the character. Away from Zelda? She’s got no incentive to approach you, side special can probably snipe you from there. Moving into mid-range? Side special still works here, and her down special can come out pretty fast, or get charged to hit you after a delay on the ground or from one of the lower BF platforms. Get past her and enter close range? Neutral special is like a second shield that punishes you for approaching her. It wins against attacks, grabs, even standing next to her will get you hit, as the hitbox extends a decent bit horizontally at the end. And this move comes out pretty fast too, meaning if she whiffs an attack next to you, and you go in to punish with a grab, jab, or tilt? Nine times outta ten, she can mash B to get neutral special out and punish you for it. Of course, if she does this excessively, you can delay your punish, but in the heat of a fast-paced match, it can be hard to remember this. Not calling Samus/Dark Samus or Zelda overpowered or braindead characters, far from it, they’ve just been some of my most frustrating matchups thus far.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I find it completely unfair that if I hit it while it does it's neutral B I get punished for it.
Maybe don't run up and attack him when there's a giant spiky ball over his head until you figure out how to properly space your attacks lmao

THE SLOTH

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Maybe don't run up and attack him when there's a giant spiky ball over his head until you figure out how to properly space your attacks lmao
Word of advice, Ptooie has a deadzone right in front of where Piranha Plant initiates the move that it won't hit you if you're standing in if PP fires it in your direction (unless maybe you're a big character, but crouching or doing a d-tilt keeps you safe in that regard). As for grabbing PP out of Ptooie, try to not dash grab, as you'll more often than not slide right into the falling spike ball. Try for a standing or pivot grab instead. And if the ball's coming for you even when you've grabbed PP, try to initiate one of your throws before it hits you to abuse your throw invincibility.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Word of advice, Ptooie has a deadzone right in front of where Piranha Plant initiates the move that it won't hit you if you're standing in if PP fires it in your direction (unless maybe you're a big character, but crouching or doing a d-tilt keeps you safe in that regard). As for grabbing PP out of Ptooie, try to not dash grab, as you'll more often than not slide right into the falling spike ball. Try for a standing or pivot grab instead. And if the ball's coming for you even when you've grabbed PP, try to initiate one of your throws before it hits you to abuse your throw invincibility.
Run up there and just charge a Smash attack to filter out the PP pretenders :colorful:

I panic almost every time I have to fight :ultpikachu: or :ultpichu:. These boys **** me up. It’s ridiculous too. My brother mained Pikachu in Brawl, and one of my best friends is a Pika main in Smash 4 and Ultimate. And yet I am still absolute *** at fighting him. Pichu is far worse though. Definitely responsible for a great number of my rage quits online.

Characters that are short, fast, and strong that like to pester are generally my weakness. :ultsquirtle::ultyoshi:and:ultdiddy:also give me a pretty tough time.

:ultvillager: can screw off too. I usually don’t have a huge issue with zoners. I can handle Samus, Links, Belmonts, Mega Man, etc. but that god forsaken slingshot is a nightmare for me. It’s so swift and so powerful and so difficult to punish. Not fun. Not fun at all.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
:ultpiranha: - This thing, mainly because of it's neutral special. I find it completely unfair that if I hit it while it does it's neutral B I get punished for it. Not only that, that spiked ball is pain to avoid when trying to get back on the ledge.
I've been sparing with a friend the past few days as I've been trying to learn :ultpiranha:, and I've definitely tried what you were talking about with holding neutral special. My friend and I found a pretty funny counter to that problem actually.
Basically, the spike ball can only be thrown at a limited arch, so if you stand right next to the plant while he's holding the spike ball, he can't do anything. You can literally walk into him and push him under a platform so that the ball won't fall on you if you him the plant. Also, if the plant decides to swallow to throw the ball, you can just do a free smash attack during the endlag.

As for who I think is the most annoying character.... It's easily :ultness: but ONLY because of his yelling. If he were as quiet as Samus or only grunted like Link, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with him. And yes, :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu: are annoying when they use neutral specials, but they don't seem to use that move as often, so idk

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I panic almost every time I have to fight :ultpikachu: or :ultpichu:. These boys **** me up. It’s ridiculous too. My brother mained Pikachu in Brawl, and one of my best friends is a Pika main in Smash 4 and Ultimate. And yet I am still absolute *** at fighting him. Pichu is far worse though. Definitely responsible for a great number of my rage quits online.

Characters that are short, fast, and strong that like to pester are generally my weakness. :ultsquirtle::ultyoshi:and:ultdiddy:also give me a pretty tough time.

:ultvillager: can screw off too. I usually don’t have a huge issue with zoners. I can handle Samus, Links, Belmonts, Mega Man, etc. but that god forsaken slingshot is a nightmare for me. It’s so swift and so powerful and so difficult to punish. Not fun. Not fun at all.
Oh my god, so much yessssss to your comment about the damn Villager/Isabelle slingshot. The hit stun on that thing is absurd. With the right timing, they can interrupt literally any action you try against them, and the fact that they can go off stage and gimp your recovery with it and keep firing it mid-air until you've died and then still recover themselves from the edge of the blast zone makes it a nightmare. Literally the only projectile in the game that I might call broken.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
More often than not the situation I was complaining about happens when I'm recovering. I interrupt the attack and get hit by the ball, which essentially puts me back to the same position I was before, which leads me to ask, "Why am I getting punished for taking advantage of a enemy's vulnerable state?"

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
"Why am I getting punished for taking advantage of a enemy's vulnerable state?"
This statement operates under the assumption that it IS a vulnerable state, which it obviously isn't if you're getting smacked for trying to take advantage of it. Quit treating it as such and you'll stop eating Ptooies

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
:ultlink::ultyounglink:: I really hate fighting against these two Links. (Toon Link gets the pass because nobody plays him online) Link’s wall of projectiles and his gigantic sword is incredibly tough to get past sometimes, and Battlefield doesn’t help either because he can just Up-Tilt you if you’re above him on a platform. His kill potential is also a pain sometimes, and the Bomb is just another piece of the Link is annoying pie. Young Link doesn’t have giant range or kill power but has crazy frame data and really damn good arrows, it feels like he can just rack up damage for free, although even against tough Young Links I can win because it takes a while for them to kill and I can edgeguard their recovery.

:ultrichter::ultsimon:: they don’t do well when being combo’d or edgeguarded but otherwise you have to respect their wall and the axe is supremely annoying to try to avoid. Also Holy Water at the ledge is pretty annoying.

:ultinkling:: Roller online is easily the most annoying part, but otherwise it’s the fact that their shifting from squid to kid makes it hard to land a hit on them at times and their aerials are really good. Also ink as a mechanic is kinda dumb but I can absorb the Splat Bombs with PSI Magnet so i guess it’s fine.

:ultyoshi:: Annoying frame data and does a ton of damage. Yoshi’s F-Air is probably the worst part, it has surprising range, can spike and kill at high percent, and doesn’t have much lag either. It’s probably a matchup I’ll learn to beat over time but right now, screw Yoshi.

:ultlucina:: Marth. Marth is fine. But Lucina is a royal pain. Not only does she have sword range and a lot of easy damage, but she can kill really early if you’re not careful, and good Lucinas that edgeguard frequently are just the worst.

Other, less annoying characters but that are still annoying are :ultpiranha:,:ultsamus:,:ultvillager::ultisabelle:,:ultkingdedede:(a lot of them aren’t good but you look the wrong way and get killed by a stray Dash Attack at 60 at the edge LOL), and :ultchrom:.

EDIT: Snake is also a ***** when he mindgames you with C4 and a Nikita that kills at 80 for whatever reason. I can win against him but playing against him multiple times takes a toll on me.

Last edited:
Why hasn’t nobody said oilmar? Most his attacks are long and disjointed even worse than sword characters and the piknim doing damage to you constantly is irritating

NGW

Smash Cadet
The ones that you already know what to expect, the ones you know you're probably not going to enjoy the match with, stuff like that.

I mean things like...

Ness and Lucas, you already know it's going to be PK Fire, PK Fire, PK Fire, PK Freeze, PK Freeze, etc. The same basic combos and few moves, etc.
Fox, Falco, animu swordsmen are most likely going to be leagues better than you and/or play like complete tryhards, etc. Usually the kind to dashdance after every KO.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Champion
NNID
TCT~Phantom
:ultike:: Nair the character. Honestly just kind of annoying due to them never actually trying to poke at people without nair. Granted Ike's aerials are kinds dumb right now, but the point still stands. Not too much of a challenge but still annoying. Expect them to get tilted very easily since they think they are honest for some reason.

:ultkrool:: I play a ton of K Rool, hes one of my mains. But damn, people be pretty bad with him online. No edgeguarding at all. Going for bad d tilts for no reason. Not using f tilt and nair armor in a pinch. Expect these guys to flowchart 90% of the time and get super mad when you bair them into the stage because they never mix up their recovery. This one is more I play the character and hate seeing them bad.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: Similar to K Rool but worse. 3/4 times you get a campy samus who only tries to go for charge shot, missiles, and grabs. Lets ignore the fact that samus has plenty of good buttons and can edgeguard decently well, her nair is super good, and you have to actually snuff approaches more than charge shot into shield into grab. The actually not bad Samus mains are tons of fun to play against, mad respect for them.

:ultswordfighter:: Saw that one ZeRo vid and tries to go for dumb stuff with Up B and Tornado. Usually flowcharts hard. The moment they start losing bad they get so tilted its not even fun.

:ultness:: Ness can be good, his mains online are not. They go for the same PK Fire spam, attempts at PK Thunder juggles, fish hard for back throws, etc. I played like three actually decent Ness mains who did not go for braindead stuff, who actually mixed up recoveries.

:ultyoshi:: I hate this character. Stupid dumb frame data, survivability, and damage output. Low key my most hated character in the game. Everything about him makes me mad. Eggs are dumb, nair is dumb. Lowkey a super dumb character rn especially online.

:ultganondorf:: Thinks they are way better than they actually are. Goes for dumb smash attacks and dairs which only work like 33% of the time. Expect them to teabag at least once. Easy prey if you know how your character works though.

:ultwolf:: Loves to spam Blaster, kind of coasts of how good that move is. I actually play wolf so seeing these guys go for bad smashes and poor recovery options makes me nettled.

:ultpichu:: Unlike most of the characters so far these guys usually are pretty good. Worst case scenario they are too F Smash happy. Usually pretty good at their combos and super stylish. I just don't like losing to them lol. Doesn't help my mains rn (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultrobin:) all all combo food.

:ultlittlemac:: I encounter a high amount of FG tier little macs still. It is kinda sad. Generally it is not in elite when I am messing around with non elite characters, but they all do the same things and bore me. The one little mac i played that was decent actually spaced with tilts and was kinda scary until he got in disadvantage, but every other one was kinda bad.

:ultpiranha:: I hate Ptooie. That is pretty much it tbh. Most of their moves are ok and they do not have much BS otherwise. Most mains are alright, reasonably respectable people.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
:ultike:: Nair the character. Honestly just kind of annoying due to them never actually trying to poke at people without nair. Granted Ike's aerials are kinds dumb right now, but the point still stands. Not too much of a challenge but still annoying. Expect them to get tilted very easily since they think they are honest for some reason.

:ultkrool:: I play a ton of K Rool, hes one of my mains. But damn, people be pretty bad with him online. No edgeguarding at all. Going for bad d tilts for no reason. Not using f tilt and nair armor in a pinch. Expect these guys to flowchart 90% of the time and get super mad when you bair them into the stage because they never mix up their recovery. This one is more I play the character and hate seeing them bad.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: Similar to K Rool but worse. 3/4 times you get a campy samus who only tries to go for charge shot, missiles, and grabs. Lets ignore the fact that samus has plenty of good buttons and can edgeguard decently well, her nair is super good, and you have to actually snuff approaches more than charge shot into shield into grab. The actually not bad Samus mains are tons of fun to play against, mad respect for them.

:ultswordfighter:: Saw that one ZeRo vid and tries to go for dumb stuff with Up B and Tornado. Usually flowcharts hard. The moment they start losing bad they get so tilted its not even fun.

:ultness:: Ness can be good, his mains online are not. They go for the same PK Fire spam, attempts at PK Thunder juggles, fish hard for back throws, etc. I played like three actually decent Ness mains who did not go for braindead stuff, who actually mixed up recoveries.

:ultyoshi:: I hate this character. Stupid dumb frame data, survivability, and damage output. Low key my most hated character in the game. Everything about him makes me mad. Eggs are dumb, nair is dumb. Lowkey a super dumb character rn especially online.

:ultganondorf:: Thinks they are way better than they actually are. Goes for dumb smash attacks and dairs which only work like 33% of the time. Expect them to teabag at least once. Easy prey if you know how your character works though.

:ultwolf:: Loves to spam Blaster, kind of coasts of how good that move is. I actually play wolf so seeing these guys go for bad smashes and poor recovery options makes me nettled.

:ultpichu:: Unlike most of the characters so far these guys usually are pretty good. Worst case scenario they are too F Smash happy. Usually pretty good at their combos and super stylish. I just don't like losing to them lol. Doesn't help my mains rn (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultrobin:) all all combo food.

:ultlittlemac:: I encounter a high amount of FG tier little macs still. It is kinda sad. Generally it is not in elite when I am messing around with non elite characters, but they all do the same things and bore me. The one little mac i played that was decent actually spaced with tilts and was kinda scary until he got in disadvantage, but every other one was kinda bad.

:ultpiranha:: I hate Ptooie. That is pretty much it tbh. Most of their moves are ok and they do not have much BS otherwise. Most mains are alright, reasonably respectable people.
PK Thunder juggles are a legit strategy against some opponents, the other two I agree with you on. I’ve also played very few good Ness mains online

NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Whenever I'm playing on Quickplay and the opponent has at least 1 projectile, they will spam it.
Even if I'm clearly shielding it, even if it's not hitting me, even if I'm reflecting it back and they're getting hit by they're own move, they will still spam it.

Not mention there's over 70+ characters and I fight against maybe 10 of them on average. Mainly :ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultlink::ultrob::ultyoshi::ultzelda:
People in my area must love spamming.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The ones that you already know what to expect, the ones you know you're probably not going to enjoy the match with, stuff like that.

I mean things like...

Ness and Lucas, you already know it's going to be PK Fire, PK Fire, PK Fire, PK Freeze, PK Freeze, etc. The same basic combos and few moves, etc.
Fox, Falco, animu swordsmen are most likely going to be leagues better than you and/or play like complete tryhards, etc. Usually the kind to dashdance after every KO.
Isn’t the point of the game to win? The term tryhard is so dumb

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
if i play a 4 players/3 players match and a :ultganondorf: is in it..it always end up in me having to fight him..that pain in the *** almost never dies first nor second -.- and the thing i noticed lately is all of a sudden that Ganondorf players really like to teabag...like ok...why?! and why only with him? o.o not that it bothers me but still find it odd...

Fugg:D

Smash Rookie
For me it’s always the flavor of the week character. Whenever a video gets made about a 0 to death or an infinite combo gets made, it seems everyone tries to make them their new main or use it to bring up their GSP. It’s even worse when I want to try out new characters and bring their ranks up, but I can’t get any good fights in because once you get passed their one trick, they can’t do anything and if they do beat you there isn’t a rematch.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
:ultincineroar: I am so tired of fighting this stupid cat. His attacks seem to land from a mile away, his moves do ridiculous damage, especially with revenge, his moves kill at low percentage, and he just doesn’t die! I struggle with Incineroar more than I do with most top tiers and other heavies. He is the one character that I struggle to beat.

:ultbowser: Please stop spamming side B.

:ultyoshi: I love Yoshi and I even main him, but he is pretty obnoxious to fight. I don’t fight him often, but when I do, I struggle like crazy. He is still my boy though.

:ultolimar: Why am I being grabbed from so far away? Why does Up Throw kill at such an early percent? Why is he such a small target? Olimar is lowkey my most hated character in the game. He is annoying to fight, he is boring to play as, and he is tedious to watch. Thankfully, I haven’t seen that many Olimar players and hopefully it stays that way. (No offense to Olimar mains)

:ultkrool: Not even that difficult to fight, but just tedious. Side B to Neutral B, super armor, and just when you think you have him, he throws out his dumb counter. Again, not super difficult to go against, but very monotonous and dull.

:ultkingdedede: Sometimes. There are good Dedede players, but almost every Dedede feels the need to go on the other side of the stage and spam gordos. They also try to neutral b you off the stage. Not all Dedede players are that annoying, but the campy ones most definitely are.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: Belmont players love the B button. I play as Simon and although I have some bad habits with him, I try to mix up my moves with him. Most Belmont players online do nothing but spam projectiles. I don’t find them that difficult to deal with, but they are very obnoxious to face.

:ultness::ultlucas: Again, only spam happy players who do nothing but use PK moves. Me and my friend fought a Ness and a Lucas in Co-op mode and it was one of the most unfun experiences I have ever had in Smash. The definition of the word camp. Not all Ness or Lucas mains are that bad, but I still cringe when I see one of them as my opponent.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus: Super campy, hits harder than you would expect, and even when you get to her, she still comes out with a move before you do. Also, I hate dealing with her f-air. So irritating!

:ultwolf: A good Wolf is scary to face. He is powerful and fast at the same time. Great combo game and plenty of kill moves? They are pretty scary. His spacing and projectile also make him potentially very annoying to go up against. Also, he has a down throw to side B spike combo that spells doom. Charming indeed.

Last edited:

AzureAura

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1812-8501-4814
:ultpiranha::ultincineroar::ultbowser:
I don't have a problem with them offline just the added delay and lag sometimes online just makes fighting them really unfun imo

Switch FC
SW-5361-1490-2247

This has been possible since SSB4. I think as early as SSBB, but it's been long since I've played SSBB.

As for those complaining about Samus/Dark Samus, good. They need to be at least high tier. Samus especially has never been high tier. F-air needs a tad more buffing. I'm glad it shuts down jumpers. And if you don't like Samus being evasive, then help us Samus mains by requesting better CQC, starting with a jab 1 connecting into jab 2 as early as 0%. Good-bye, Sakurai angle. Oh, and faster tilts.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
these are my current frustration >~> :ultincineroar: :ultsonic: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:

i swear if i play as Zelda i rarely get to fight a Spamus..they spam..i reflect with neutral B..they die after 3 or 4 times xD i was a bit late with realizing this move could reflect.....
i found out by accident when i reflected a neutral B attack from Samus..i feel stupid now! D:

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
the most annoying character to run into during quick play? literally any "heavy" character such as bowser, ganondorf, and king dedede.

alright, i can say this right now. a 1v1 against a heavy fighter isn't a terrible thing. usually, i can reliably bust a win out because their attacks are so slow, they are so vulnerable to combos, and nobody is safe from back throw. it only is annoying when the game says "f*** your preferred rules" to me, puts me in a free for all, and there are two or more of them because i can't focus on multiple at the same time. one usually ends up killing me in three hits while i'm trying to kill the other, and then they kill that other heavy i was dealing damage to.

Last edited:

PSIPher

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say that I found any characters annoying as such. But, in the urinal of Smash Online, you do find that people tend to choose their character and play them all in the same way.

Samus / Dark Samus is the best example I can think of. As soon as you see that she is going to be your opponent, you just know that they are going to dash to the ledge immediately and start opening fire. When you manage to get up close, if they fend you off (as Samus has good range with her aerials) you're back at square one again. Or, alternately, if you get some hits in, they'll just dash to the other ledge and start firing again. And it makes for a highly tedious match. Easily winnable, but just drawn out and dull.

And every Samus player I encounter plays it that way. Every time. They're all indistinguishable from one another. But I don't blame them for it. They're making the the best of the tools that the game has given them and playing it that way is the shortest route to stringing up victories. Until they meet a player with more experience, that is...

In fact, quite of lot of characters fall into that bracket - Piranha Plant, Duck Hunt Duo, Robin, MewToo, Wii Fit Trainer, some Link & King K Rool players also have a similar play-style, tho' you notice that more in group matches, as opposed to one vs one.

I think Smash Online group matches tend to favour projectile characters. Those games get terribly laggy making projectiles more difficult to avoid as you just can't get your response options out quick enough. And that's frustrating. But this a problem with the game, not your opponent. I suppose it does teach you to 'read' rather than 'react'.

Interesting to see comments on Ness. I'd have said the opposite, myself...

I never used to play Ness before Smash Ultimate came out. In my view, he's a great choice for online play, especially if you find 'projectile spam' annoying. He has great tools to deal with it. You've got the home-run bat to knock the projectiles right back at them (my preferred choice - you can kill a ledge-camping Samus very easily doing this) or the PSI magnet can provide a nice health top-up should you require it. And, of course, you have your own PK fire to give them a taste of their own medicine should the mood take you.

It's fun also to bait projectiles out of your opponent. If you see a King K Rool, a Belmont or a Link recovering back to the stage, you can take a break from edge-guarding and, instead, just position yourself about halfway across the platform. You just know that 99% of the time, they will immediately throw their crown, crucifix or boomerang at you. So you can start swinging immediately.

No, I see Ness as a bit of an anti-spamming warrior. :o)

1FC0

Smash Lord
By definition, the most annoying characters to face will always be zoners. Otherwise, they're not very good at their job.
False. You are confusing your opinion with the definition of zoning. The definition of zoning does not involve being annoying.

Zoning means pressuring the opponent in order to keep him at a distance. This pressure limits the zoner's opponent's options and that is the point of zoning.

Last edited: