• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most angriest shinobi: Soooooooo lovely!!! ;)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Hello lovelies!

Welcome to my tournament thread. I'm so delighted that you can join us. This weekend is the weekend of LOVE & FIGHTING GAMES. Isn't that lovely? Of course it is. ;)

This love can be expressed in a number of ways. But there's only one effective way that works...

BY KICKING SOMEONE'S *** IN FIGHTING GAMES!!!

...that's lovely indeed. :D

What: Most Angriest Shinobi: Soooooooo Lovely!!!

When: Saturday February 26th 2011

Where:

Paul's Video Arcade
5564 Durand Avenue (Regency Mall Northeast Entrance)
Racine, WI 53406

Venue Hours: 10AM - 8PM

Venue Fee: $7 (each day of the tournament)

This venue fee can be waived in a number of ways, this goes as follows:

- If you bring a FULL SETUP (consist of T.V, system/console/games with characters unlocked) and WE USE IT FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY...you pay $0 venue fee. This is on a first come first served bases.

- At this venue we SERIOUSLY need chairs (this is an arcade afterall). If you bring chairs that we can use for the tournament and/or casuals...you pay $0 venue fee.

- There is also a need for power strips. If you bring a power strip that we can use for the tournament and/or casuals...you pay $4 venue fee.

Tournament Games, Entry Fee, and Start Time:

PLEASE NOTE - THAT SIGN UPS ARE 30 MINUTES BEFORE TOURNAMENT START TIME.

- Super Smash Brothers Brawl

^ Doubles, $5 per player, Starts @ 11AM

^ Singles, $10 to enter, Starts @ 3PM

* Super Smash Brothers Melee will be ran as a side event if there is enough space, time and interest.

- Arcana Heart 3, $5, Starts @ 3PM

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, $5, Starts @ 11AM

TOURNAMENT GAME RULES AND REGULATIONS AND CONSOLES USED:

* Brawl Singles (Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
3 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
- Stalling is Banned!
- If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing "SHAKING FIST" (Rock/Paper/Scissors).
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned (because it falls into the "Stalling violation").
- If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
- You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling/Chain Grabbing (applies to both Melee and Brawl): The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 100% past when the chain grab started (for example: if the CG started at 43%, you must end the CG...in some fashion... @ 143%). Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

- Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game (plank count should be viewed at the end of your match in results).

Also...

If we are using your modified version of v.Brawl: please make sure your stages, character costumes, and other visual effects don't make it difficult for everyone to play on your set up. Stage boundries and edges should be the exact same as if you were playing on a non-modified setup. If there is a drastic complaint...THAT CAN BE PROVEN VALID...your setup will be removed and you will be disqualified for the remainder of the tournament with NO REFUND.

IF SOMEONE PAUSES IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MATCH AND YOU FEEL IT WAS UNJUSTIFIED, CALL A T.O OVER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE! MAXIMUM PENALTY IS LOSS OF STOCK!!!

* Melee Singles (NGC/Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
4 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams (Only alllowed in SSBM Singles)

Counter Stage List:

Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format is pretty similar to "Brawl Singles", except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY "Brawl" related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

* Melee/Brawl Doubles (NGC/Wii):

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply

IF SOMEONE PAUSES IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MATCH AND YOU FEEL IT WAS UNJUSTIFIED, CALL A T.O OVER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE! MAXIMUM PENALTY IS LOSS OF STOCK!!!

* Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

- double elimination tournament
- default time
- 2/3 games for winners and losers brackets
- 3/5 games for winners, losers, and grand finals (no exceptions)
- stage is ALWAYS random (but if you agree on a stage, that's fine)
- winner keeps same team (may change order), loser may change team and/or order
- SIMPLE mode of characters are banned (i'm doing YOU a favor haha)
- Button binding is ALLOWED (for obvious reasons lol)
- easy specials/supers are BANNED (hence the SIMPLE mode rule)
- All game breaking glitches are banned

* Arcana Heart 3 (PS3):

- double elimination tournament
- default time
- all rounds are set to 2/3
- 2/3 games for winners and losers brackets
- 3/5 games for winners, losers, and grand finals (no exceptions)
- stage is ALWAYS random (but if you agree on a stage, that's fine)
- winner keeps same character (may change arcana), loser may change character and arcana
- SIMPLE versions of characters are banned
- Button binding is ALLOWED (for obvious reasons lol)
- easy specials/supers are BANNED
- All game breaking glitches are banned

Let's have a lovely lovely time. Hope everyone is able to come hang out and participate. Good times will be had. HYPE!!!!

Any questions or suggestions, please post up. THANKS!!!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Yay. Hype!

Edit: How many showed up for AH3 last weekend Webster? I hope it gets a lot of hype, I'm gonna be practicing for this. :)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Brawl singles, doubles, melee, AH3, AND MvC3?

**** my bank raw Webster, you know I love it like that. Totally bringing valentine cards though.

Pauls is going to be crowded as **** though, lol!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
LMFAO Zwarm: One person from Milwaukee and Deitz. That's it. No tournaments were ran that Sunday. Just hella fun and casuals were had. :p But practice up, it should be fun.

Jordan: LOLOLOLOLOLOL gotta make it rain one way or another. ;)

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Were real fighters not even at the last one, I don't see results for them in the thread. AH3 will fail and not happen- just predicting that. >_>

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ngamer: Well I did run those games on a Sunday. So I suspect that's why we got no turnout. But since we're running everything on Saturday we should gain some interest.

We'll see though. Smash always has a decent showing at my tournaments. And a handful of my regulars do play other fighting games.

I'm so proud of them. <3 :bee: <3

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Hey Webster, would it be cool if I ran a $3 or $5 Smash 64 side tournament? I wanna get some of IL practiced up for a MI tournament in March that's running 64. :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess if Webster agrees to it, we can vote on it. I can honestly play both and I don't see a difference in my skill, but I know some people prefer one over the other. I can bring either, but I'm sure my Wii will be used for Brawl most of the tournament like usual.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
This is on the same day as Smashing Grounds, I hope we can prevent the overlap in the future. It's no ones fault, but it makes me sad face. :( I am coming to this though.

I prefer N64 for smash64, but playing on Wii just means I can't use Fox.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
sure zwarm. shouldn't be a problem.
Alright, awesome. I guess we should do a vote then. Would you guys prefer the N64 original, or the Wii port to play for the tournament. Personally, I like the Wii version because I've played on it more. Sooo...

Wii - 1
N64 - 0

I'll update this post with votes as I see them. :)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah I already told Hunger I was gonna team with him @_@..After that we can tho Sago been too long and EoL was dumb. If quik comes tho then yea

Sago

Smash Lord
lol kain, wana team now that you got ditched son.

also mark me down as wii- i prolly wont enter if its 64. that controller is the worst in gaming history.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Andrew just told me that he's probably gonna go and he's teaming with Hunger.

So it's on Barnes!
Alright! Better put on your game face, we are getting first! We can try ZSS/GW if you want. But really I am cool with any combo of Falco/MK/GW + Marth/ZSS.

also mark me down as wii- i prolly wont enter if its 64. that controller is the worst in gaming history.
This type of stuff is the reason why I don't care. I will play on whatever system the most ppl want to play on.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
So for now, it's:

N64 - 2

Wii - 2

I'm not against having both, but the tournament might run slower if people need to wait for a specific system.

_Kain_

Smash Champion

Word we coming for that #1 spot then

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
No it's Wii-2 N64-1, I am going back to don't care because I will play on whatever gets more entrants.
same here.. i'll play on whatever gets more entrants.. of course i'll bring my n64 controller just in case. lol

also we should probably bring this up in the other tournament thread.

also i need a double partner.

Top Bottom